Christmas Week Prep

ChildofLight

Since there is only me at home, I will cook a turkey breast roast, box of cornbread stuffing/dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce. I will make 2 plates and take to nursing home to eat with my brother this year. Hopefully it will stay hot. Everything he eats at nursing home is puréed, so this will be a grand treat for him.
It is hard to buy gifts for such a person, as not a thing he really needs or will use. I bought a large calendar to hang on his wall and some soft peppermints. I also decided once a month I will bring him a breakfast or a lunch that is all soft food. Probably be biscuits and gravy with chopped sausage in it for breakfast and a plate of tamales and refried beans as a lunch.

alisani

Since there is only me at home, I will cook a turkey breast roast, box of cornbread stuffing/dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce. I will make 2 plates and take to nursing home to eat with my brother this year. Hopefully it will stay hot. Everything he eats at nursing home is puréed, so this will be a grand treat for him.
It is hard to buy gifts for such a person, as not a thing he really needs or will use. I bought a large calendar to hang on his wall and some soft peppermints. I also decided once a month I will bring him a breakfast or a lunch that is all soft food. Probably be biscuits and gravy with chopped sausage in it for breakfast and a plate of tamales and refried beans as a lunch.
You've been missed :hug

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
It's so good to see you!

HisGloryIsPrecious

I feel so blessed that my mom was able to get through COVID. She wasn’t too happy about how the belated Thanksgiving Turkey came out, so I will be making a pre-cooked pre-sliced ham. We will be eating early, because she wants to watch the Giants game. :rolleyes: I was able to put up a new artificial tree with a new star that changes color. The village we used to have under the tree is smaller and downstairs on a table where my mom could appreciate it. As for gifts, Joe bought himself a bowling ball and will have me pay for it. It’s already drilled and he will put it back in the box and wrap it.:lolsign Typical engineer.

Back