Christmas Treats!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by lightofmylife, Dec 1, 2018.

1. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

We went to Independence Center a mall after the Christmas tree lighting we saw in Sugar Creek, Mo. We just had to get some Topsy's popcorn. Jeff got caramel, and I(Janice) got cinnamon. Getting ready to eat it. What are some of your treats this time of year?

caligal, Judy4Jesus, Bron and 3 others like this.
  2. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

I think they’re called Tassies. We used to make them every year. The crust is cream cheese and sugar and flour. Maybe butter too. The filling is some kind of yummy pecan stuff. I also traditionally like to get some dry peppermints . Mmmmm!

caligal, Bron, Kem and 3 others like this.
  3. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Oh yes, Pecan Tassies, I love them too but my family didn't make them. Mom always made sugar cookies and I was allowed to decorate them. She also made egg nog too

caligal, Bron, Kem and 4 others like this.
  4. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

I love me some frosted sugar cookies too!

caligal, Bron, ShilohRose and 4 others like this.
  5. Kem

Kem Citizen

I always used to make some braided coffee cakes with pineapple filling but haven't done it in the last few years. Maybe I will make it this year along with some Mexican wedding cakes which dh loves.

caligal, Kerbluey, Bron and 5 others like this.
  6. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Oooooo, those sound delicious Kem

caligal, Kerbluey, Bron and 4 others like this.
  7. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I love dark chocolate peppermint bark and I never met a cookie I didn't like.
    This is the only time of the year I eat chex mix and fudge.

caligal, Kerbluey, Bron and 4 others like this.
  8. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Making Nuts and Bolts right now...well Mike is the one who has to stir it every 25 minutes for 3 hrs. I'm painting

caligal, Kerbluey, Bron and 3 others like this.
  9. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

My wife and her 2 nieces, nephew, and our daughter will all be baking treats on Saturday. Fudge, sugar cookies, chocolate covered peanut butter balls, christmas crack, Russian tea cakes, black and white cookies, macrons, and who knows what else. My job, official taster.:D. I will have to run extra miles so I dont gain any weight this month.

Judy4Jesus, anath, Kerbluey and 4 others like this.
  10. Judy4Jesus

Judy4Jesus Active Member

Everyone's treats sound sooo YUMMY!! I traditionally make ginger cookies, treasure cookies, honey peanutbutter cookies, and white chocolate chunk macadamia nut cookies. Also toffee and those ritz cracker and peanutbutter dunked in choc almond bark treats. Gotta get busy on them!

caligal, Bron and lightofmylife like this.