Christmas Sightseeing!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by lightofmylife, Nov 24, 2018.

1. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

I am sure a lot of you drive around looking at lights. Last night, we went to see a Christmas light display not even 5 minutes from our house. We went to a street called Liberty, and saw another Christmas light display. It just so happens it is on the same street as the Vaile Mansion which also decorated nicely this year. We will be going on another Christmas tour of the house soon, and this year they had Independence Square decorated also. We enjoy looking at the lights and decorations. What are some of the fun things you do for Christmas?

2. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

We have lights around our back porch and like to sit out there listening to...or playing on my ukulele...Christmas music. I love this time of year!

3. anath

anath I Love the Lord

We will go all around locally to see the pretty lights and before Christmas we will go down St. Charles Ave with the beautifully decorated mansions for the big finale

4. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

We both enjoy looking at creative displays at OTHERS houses.

One year my wife was real excited about reading on facebook about a whole block in our old town that had excellent decorations. So we got the address, drove through the back streets, and well off the beaten path was an older and not well kept trailer park, with a few trailers having lights. Some of the people sitting outside looked like an episode of “cops”, and it was a sketchy part of town. The road was a loop through the park, and it made me real nervous driving, and I used all my defensive driving and anti terrorism skills I learned while in the Marines to get us out of there. I kept thinking whatever she read on FB was a plot to lure us city folks inside.

My Mother in Law was in our car with us and I think she was in shock in how fast we excited the park, and without hitting anyone or any property.

It probably was safe, but I dont take chances, and forever more, when the conversation of lights comes up, I remind her of her past bad choice. Good for a laugh.

5. anath

anath I Love the Lord

In New Orleans we have a few neighborhoods you may not come out alive. There is a place where cops don't venture.

6. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

Andy, that story made laugh out loud!! I’m glad y’all made it out safely too.

7. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

We have an entire subdivision called Winterhaven and part of the HOA rules call for everyone to decorate for Christmas!
    It has been happening since I was a little kid. Yeah, that was a few days ago!:( We have seen many reports through the years of how it has grown into quite a spectacle! Now that we are retired and living in a suburb of Tucson, we'll get to see it up close and personal.:thumbup

I'd invite you down, Andy, but there aren't too many trailer parks to visit!:D

8. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Everlasting Life, Andy C and caligal like this.