Christmas Movies!

ReadyforSupper

I don't see much television (ours has a vhs recorder in it lol) but there are two that I always enjoy.
The 1951 (agreed, frightening) A Christmas Carol and the (you're gonna shoot your eye out kid) A Christmas Story.

There was one short Christmas movie that changed my humbug self from fighting to keep dead trees out of my living room. It's called "The Perfect Gift" and is one of the "Stranger" movies.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
There was one short Christmas movie that changed my humbug self from fighting to keep dead trees out of my living room. It's called "The Perfect Gift" and is one of the "Stranger" movies.
I am just going to have to buy the Stranger movies! I've loved every one I have watched but had never heard of this one Deanna. Thanks!

A few years ago in a particularly hard season of my life I found a movie called "Homeless For The Holidays" at Gospel Supplies and bought that. It was a truly great little movie, and based on a true story!

ReadyforSupper

I am just going to have to buy the Stranger movies! I've loved every one I have watched but had never heard of this one Deanna. Thanks!

A few years ago in a particularly hard season of my life I found a movie called "Homeless For The Holidays" at Gospel Supplies and bought that. It was a truly great little movie, and based on a true story!
I actually saw it free online and if I can find you the link, I'll post it.
The trailer is adorable!

ramblingvanman

Male on deck! Here is a late Christmas present for you Deana. One way of saying thanks for a great dinner and wonderful company. I truly enjoyed meting you and your husband.

http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/ec/puN2QxMzo-GInJWlNpaFerspzcQ-dvu2

I tried to break the link twice. Maybe a mod could break it the right way for me lol. This is a link to The Perfect Gift at iTBN. It is free to watch, enjoy.

ReadyforSupper

Male on deck! Here is a late Christmas present for you Deana. One way of saying thanks for a great dinner and wonderful company. I truly enjoyed meting you and your husband.

http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/ec/puN2QxMzo-GInJWlNpaFerspzcQ-dvu2

I tried to break the link twice. Maybe a mod could break it the right way for me lol. This is a link to The Perfect Gift at iTBN. It is free to watch, enjoy.
We had a wonderful time having you over! You're a real blessing!

Thank you for finding the link! What a nice thing for you to do!

We love you brother Ron and the door is always open!

Psalm37v4

I love so many Christmas movies...Holiday Affair is a classic. So is the original Miracle On 34th Street, along with the 1951 A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim (theeee best version out there, IMHO).
There's an obscure, little known kids' film called "The Christmas That Almost Wasn't" from 1966s. It's your typical story of how Christmas will be cancelled unless....in this film's case, Santa raises x amount of dollars to pay rent at the North Pole. (We're never told the amount). Lots of cute songs the kids will like. Probably too corny for older kids but little ones will probably enjoy it.

Below is a link to the film (hope this is ok?)
https://ok.ru/video/431205649038

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We just finished watching It's A Wonderful Life, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, and have watched the Home Alone movies. They are funny, and have a Christmas theme behind it like snow, and a Christmas tree.

Last edited:

Judy4Jesus

God is GOOD!
We just finished watching It's A Wonderful Life, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, and have watched the Home Alone movies. They are funny, and have a Christmas theme behind it like snow, and a Christmas tree.
So I've never really paid much attention to How The Grinch Stole Christmas before (I'm not really a Dr Seuss fan), but my Grandson Max was in town a few weeks ago and we all went to the new one. The colors were amazing, btw. Anyways, am I correct in that the Grinch becomes Born Again at the end? I knew he came "good" all these years but only this time it made me cry seeing he actually accepted Christ into his heart...the God shaped hole. I loved it!! I enjoyed that they actually sang CHRISTmas songs too instead of coming up with some "holiday" songs. Just my humble opinion.