Christmas Decorations!

athenasius

I like that Tiki Christmas theme @kathymendel That sounds like a blast.

Well @lightofmylife Janice I gotta thank you. I GOT 'ER DONE! Wooooo hooo. It's taken me 2 solid days with rests in between but it's done. I vacuumed the tree as I put it up, ditto the ornaments, had all of our air cleaners running and didn't even have an asthma attack.

It's looking busy the next week or two, we are up to the grandkids tomorrow, and next week they are all coming into town plus a few appointments-- G has some neurology stuff, all routine, but I'm just SO THANKFUL you got me moving on this Janice because it would have been stressful next week or the week after.

Now I'm enjoying the glow of the tree. It's all patriotic red and white Canadian flag style. It's a white pencil tree, all white and white lights. I put a lot of silver ornaments on it, and 8 red ones. A little red float plane from one of our Alaskan cruises that we love with a silly moose reclining on the wings, 3 red beaded hearts on silver wire that the granddaughters made 2 years ago, and 4 red glass cardinals. I left the red beaded pears off the tree this year, and liking it with only the 8 dots of red total.

I went to the dollar store and got a little strand of white LED lights and strung them onto my old silk poinsettia and it's working well. 4 more ornaments the granddaughters made hanging off the rim and it's done up too.

I got their Fisher Price nativity set out, but have to put up the other 2 later.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I like that Tiki Christmas theme @kathymendel That sounds like a blast.

Well @lightofmylife Janice I gotta thank you. I GOT 'ER DONE! Wooooo hooo. It's taken me 2 solid days with rests in between but it's done. I vacuumed the tree as I put it up, ditto the ornaments, had all of our air cleaners running and didn't even have an asthma attack.

It's looking busy the next week or two, we are up to the grandkids tomorrow, and next week they are all coming into town plus a few appointments-- G has some neurology stuff, all routine, but I'm just SO THANKFUL you got me moving on this Janice because it would have been stressful next week or the week after.

Now I'm enjoying the glow of the tree. It's all patriotic red and white Canadian flag style. It's a white pencil tree, all white and white lights. I put a lot of silver ornaments on it, and 8 red ones. A little red float plane from one of our Alaskan cruises that we love with a silly moose reclining on the wings, 3 red beaded hearts on silver wire that the granddaughters made 2 years ago, and 4 red glass cardinals. I left the red beaded pears off the tree this year, and liking it with only the 8 dots of red total.

I went to the dollar store and got a little strand of white LED lights and strung them onto my old silk poinsettia and it's working well. 4 more ornaments the granddaughters made hanging off the rim and it's done up too.

I got their Fisher Price nativity set out, but have to put up the other 2 later.
Margery (athenasius) glad to hear you got er done! :thumbup:thumbup We have our Christmas tree up, and red & green lights all around the 5 bay windows. We will be putting up our manger scene next that my husband's mother made with the ceramic tree she also made, and 3 carolers that she painted.

Judy4Jesus

We are done too! Yay, it all looks so pretty here and we love our new outdoor light up nativity! We have snow and cold here in SD. Baby Jesus got completely coveres in snow where we had it the first day, so now it's up on the front porch...perfect spot! Almost like a manger in itself! :D

Andy C

Nothing like wrapping several strands of lights around the tree only to stop because of dizziness. Every year I tell myself its not a race, and every year I just want to finish....thus, dizziness. But hey, I did my part, and my daughter and granddaughter decorated the rest of the tree.

I think once my GD no longer lives here, Christmas will become a whole lot easier, and not as much decorating the inside of the house. Maybe next year, it will be like “Christmas with the Kranks”, and we’ll book a trip to Hawaii and skip the Christmas festivities.

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!!! :wooo

Yesterday I went to hobby lobby and picked up a few pretty decorations. They’re having a 50 % off sale on all the Christmas decor! Woohoo! I’m going back tomorrow for a few more. This new house we moved to has a great big atrium that is just asking to be turned into a Christmas wonderland!
I have my big Rubbermaid tub full of decorations as well. We don’t have tree yet. I was thinking of buying an artificial one with the lights in it already, but I sure do love the way real trees smell. They do dry up so fast though...

Cindy S.

Nothing like wrapping several strands of lights around the tree only to stop because of dizziness. Every year I tell myself its not a race, and every year I just want to finish....thus, dizziness. But hey, I did my part, and my daughter and granddaughter decorated the rest of the tree.

I think once my GD no longer lives here, Christmas will become a whole lot easier, and not as much decorating the inside of the house. Maybe next year, it will be like “Christmas with the Kranks”, and we’ll book a trip to Hawaii and skip the Christmas festivities.
I did the no tree Christmas for a few years and loved it. When the grandkids started coming, DH wanted me to put up a tree... the big softie.

Channah

I like to look at the decorations but for many years since the children were small, I don't do Easter, Halloween, Christmas decorations of any sort. My family gets really, really, really (that's an understatement) upset but it's a conviction that I've had from the Lord for many years. Lol, one year my husband bought a coconut tree and decorated it. It was lovely so every year he tries to sneak in a small tree of some sort. I just let him do it as it brings him joy to have the decorations. I do have a big Christmas Eve dinner every year tho with the most at 30 people in my home and lol no decorations at all.

I do hope you all enjoy your decorations though as I do like to look at them in the stores and other people's homes.