Christmas Decorations!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Have you started decorating for Christmas? Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite times of the year! Last Wednesday, we put our icicle lights up in front of the house and net lights in front of the deck. Suppose to be 53 tomorrow so we will be putting our evergreen with lights on the wooden hand rail and on top of the deck. Also, around the garage door with multi lights. May place the 2 big candles on the bottom of each side of the step, silver bells on single shepherd's hook, and lighted wreath on double shepherd's hook. We like to have our lights on for Thanksgiving night! Also, will start decorating our 5 bay windows with red and green lights with a 4 1/2 ft tree on table in the middle window. We have a manger scene that is ceramic we put out with 3 carolers. Happy Decorating Everyone!

Last edited:

Cindy S.

I spotted my neighbors Christmas tree glowing in her front window this morning. Everyone is nervous about being the first lol. I have a wreath on the door (my current avatar) and I put a blue tinsel tree next to my front door. I'll flip the lights on Thanksgiving night as well as drag my already decorated tree up from the basement. I do have misc. Ornaments about the house right now and burning pine scented candles.

anath

I Love the Lord
My Kitchen...I've decorated my kitchen. I have a double windows over my sink with some lace curtains on the bottom half. Thetop I put up a garland of greenery with lights. Also I have a little cypress table I use as an island. I put a pretty Christmas table runner and a small basket with Christmas arrangement of ornaments, greenery of holly and red birds
Oh and on the shelf over this computer in our bedroom I put a novelty plate in a stand that is very colorful and cheery and says, Happy Birthday Jesus!

bap

I just can't do Christmas UNTIL
After Thanksgiving. Refuse to!!!

Decorate for Fall in Sept. & don't change till at least day after Thanksgiving. It bothers me for stores 2 have Christmas stuff out in August. See it as their way 2 entice us 2 spend.

Cindy S.

I just can't do Christmas UNTIL
After Thanksgiving. Refuse to!!!

Decorate for Fall in Sept. & don't change till at least day after Thanksgiving. It bothers me for stores 2 have Christmas stuff out in August. See it as their way 2 entice us 2 spend.
I find myself getting ready early because we go to Florida for Christmas. Family doesn't come over then so we don't stick around and I want time to enjoy my tree.

Judy4Jesus

We start ours the day after Thanksgiving. We did however, but a beautiful nativity manger scene from Lowe's a couple weeks ago. It's a light up outdoors color wire one and it will be perfect for the spot we have for it. We have had one always for indoors but this is our first outdoors one. Grandkids will love it too!

anath

I Love the Lord
Oh I love my house to be bright and cheerful! This world is SO dark.
We don't go out and buy Christmas presents. We make fudge, pralines and divinity for neighbors and friends.
Also Mike gets anything he wants and that usually means lots of banana nut bread, nuts and bolts, date nut balls, Christmas sugar cookies, etc and for Christmas we do something really fancy. Last year we did a Yule Log and I think we will try to improve on that this year.

Cindy S.

Oh I love my house to be bright and cheerful! This world is SO dark.
We don't go out and buy Christmas presents. We make fudge, pralines and divinity for neighbors and friends.
Also Mike gets anything he wants and that usually means lots of banana nut bread, nuts and bolts, date nut balls, Christmas sugar cookies, etc and for Christmas we do something really fancy. Last year we did a Yule Log and I think we will try to improve on that this year.
Sounds absolutely perfect.
I'm tired of the toy aisle.

JoyJoyJoy

My tree has been up for about 2 weeks. I just love it. I need at least 2 months to enjoy it. I like to take the tree down the day after Christmas. Probably because my daughter's birthday is the 28th, and I always had to make sure to give her a special day apart from Christmas.