Christians who believe the Rapture is a Lie.

dreamermind

I mentioned this on another thread, but this was my first experience with people like this. These people jumped all over me on Twitter for saying I believe in the rapture. They actually said things like this:

“Pre-Trib Rapture church people are going to be your worst enemies come the last years of mankind's history.
They're going to be so jaded they will turn their backs on God so completely, and sell you out in the process.“
And
“I personally do believe that the pre-trib rapture was a satanic invention to make sure many Christians were unprepared for the tribulation. Look at how much mainstream promotion Left Behind got. True Christian literature doesn't get that kind of corporate backing--ever!”

I know arguing about it is senseless and after reading these things I’m pretty much done, but, they have a big presence and they jump on anyone who believes. I’m just shocked and saddened. Should probably pray for these people. :pray

Eric Nicholas

Yeah the anti-rapture Christians are often super hostile to the notion of it. They demand the Church be battered and bloodied, because of their pride. Of course, they won't admit that it's their pride, but it's exactly that. They want to bring something to the Lord's table, but He already brought plenty; a veritable horn of plenty. These folks really think that they are going to bunker out and bamboozle the Antichrist and his gestapo, because they can't figure out what a dispensation is to save their lives.

Frankly, I think many of them love the bunker fantasy and I find their arguments asinine. You about have to be an amillenialist, preterist, or some other terrible "ist", to evade the truth of the harpazo. Those types of "ists" lead to some doctrines that are so bankrupt and downright goofy, it actually beggars belief. If medals were given out at Bible gymnastics, they'd win gold every single time. Their doctrines die here and I love that fact.

Last edited:

cheeky200386

I mentioned this on another thread, but this was my first experience with people like this. These people jumped all over me on Twitter for saying I believe in the rapture. They actually said things like this:

“Pre-Trib Rapture church people are going to be your worst enemies come the last years of mankind's history.
They're going to be so jaded they will turn their backs on God so completely, and sell you out in the process.“
And
“I personally do believe that the pre-trib rapture was a satanic invention to make sure many Christians were unprepared for the tribulation. Look at how much mainstream promotion Left Behind got. True Christian literature doesn't get that kind of corporate backing--ever!”

I know arguing about it is senseless and after reading these things I’m pretty much done, but, they have a big presence and they jump on anyone who believes. I’m just shocked and saddened. Should probably pray for these people. :pray
Yes, these people need a lot of prayer, not the clear scorn and disdain from the person posting above me. I have been guilty of that and it doesn't accomplish anything. They need someone living out 2 Timothy 2:24-26. If nothing else, like you said, just pray for them.

I was involved on a board where so many were opposed to it, and the admin thoughtit was a joke and would deride people for their belief in it (he claimed to be a pastor).

Yeah the anti-rapture Christians are often super hostile to the notion of it. They demand the Church be battered and bloodied, because of their pride. Of course, they won't admit that it's their pride, but it's exactly that. They want to bring something to the Lord's table, but He already brought plenty; a veritable horn of plenty. These folks really think that they are going to bunker out and bamboozle the Antichrist and his gestapo, because they can't figure out what a dispensation is to save their lives.

Frankly, I think many of them love the bunker fantasy and I find their arguments asinine. You about have to be an amillenialist, preterist, or some other terrible "ist", to evade the truth of the harpazo. Those types of "ists" lead to some doctrines that are so bankrupt and downright goofy, it actually beggars belief. If medals were given out at Bible gymnastics, they'd win gold every single time. Their doctrines die here and I love that fact.
Yes, I've seen that type before, and they are a real "joy". -_- Reminds me of a post I read a while back here by XenosJeff:

" Xenosjeff said:

The people who imagine that they would be resisting the anti-Christ and the forces of the world powers have not spent much time in a foxhole.

Just going to let my imagination paint a picture of what I imagine daily life will be like......

Your power has been off for three months. There is almost no firewood left. When that’s gone, there goes the water and the heat. The smoke was becoming a problem. The looters follow the smoke. Your clothes are so dirty that you can’t stand your own smell. It’s too dangerous to go to the river to clean up or fish. Too much open ground to cover. The drone will spot you and then the party’s over. After your wife and kids disappeared you were ready to quit but just couldn’t give up without fighting whatever you would face. Thought you were a tough guy? After all you have a big jacked up truck in the driveway and you had enough beer in the fridge to float a boat. But the truck was stolen on day three and the beer won’t make the pain stop. Whoever said that house cat tastes like chicken never ate a cat.

That mark is looking like a ticket to easy street.

""................................

There will be no resistance without abject pain during the trib. Pray that you may escape.

Jeff "

Eric Nicholas

Yes, these people need a lot of prayer, not the clear scorn and disdain from the person posting above me. I have been guilty of that and it doesn't accomplish anything. They need someone living out 2 Timothy 2:24-26. If nothing else, like you said, just pray for them.
Excuse me? You might assume I don't pray for these people or aren't kind to them for calling their doctrines dead, which they are. Two things can be true at once : Their doctrines can be terrible and I can call them on that. 2. I can pray for them. Bad doctrines, non truths, and false gospels weren't met with a pat on the head in the Word. The "person" posting above you? That's precious.

Last edited:

Eric Nicholas

I was involved on a board where so many were opposed to it, and the admin thoughtit was a joke and would deride people for their belief in it (he claimed to be a pastor).

Yes, I've seen that type before, and they are a real "joy". -_- Reminds me of a post I read a while back here by XenosJeff:

" Xenosjeff said:

The people who imagine that they would be resisting the anti-Christ and the forces of the world powers have not spent much time in a foxhole.

Just going to let my imagination paint a picture of what I imagine daily life will be like......

Your power has been off for three months. There is almost no firewood left. When that’s gone, there goes the water and the heat. The smoke was becoming a problem. The looters follow the smoke. Your clothes are so dirty that you can’t stand your own smell. It’s too dangerous to go to the river to clean up or fish. Too much open ground to cover. The drone will spot you and then the party’s over. After your wife and kids disappeared you were ready to quit but just couldn’t give up without fighting whatever you would face. Thought you were a tough guy? After all you have a big jacked up truck in the driveway and you had enough beer in the fridge to float a boat. But the truck was stolen on day three and the beer won’t make the pain stop. Whoever said that house cat tastes like chicken never ate a cat.

That mark is looking like a ticket to easy street.

""................................

There will be no resistance without abject pain during the trib. Pray that you may escape.

Jeff "
I couldn't have said it any better, brother.

cheeky200386

Excuse me? You might assume I don't pray for these people or aren't kind to them for calling their doctrines dead, which they are. Two things can be true at once : Their doctrines can be terrible and I can call them on that. 2. I can pray for them. Bad doctrines, non truths, and false gospels weren't met with a pat on the head in the Word. The "person" posting above you? That's precious.
I agree with all your points. I don't assume you don't pray for them. Your post came across with mockery and nothing more. This doesn't work with people who are resistant to the truth. That is the point I was making. Hence we just need to pray for them (restating the original postings conclusion) if they will not listen to our patient correction.

Eric Nicholas

I agree with all your points. I don't assume you don't pray for them. Your post came across with mockery and nothing more. This doesn't work with people who are resistant to the truth. That is the point I was making. Hence we just need to pray for them if they will not listen to our patient correction.
Best not read emotion into text, eh? What I said was true and that's what matters. I don't think we "just need to pray for them". I think that's one of the things we need to do. I also think their doctrines need to be shown for the absurdity that they are, time and again if need be. I think that's a proper and Biblical fusion.

Last edited:

dreamermind

Best not read emotion into text, eh? What I said was true and that's what matters. I don't think we "just need to pray for them". I think that's one of the things we need to do. I also think their doctrines need to be shown for the absurdity that they are. I think that's a proper and Biblical fusion.
I did call them out on it. Just me against the mob. The more I said the more people came on board. I’m praying for them too and obviously sharing with you to pray for them. Both ways are ok and Christ like. Both of you are right. :meet

Eric Nicholas

I did call them out on it. Just me against the mob. The more I said the more people came on board. I’m praying for them too and obviously sharing with you to pray for them. Both ways are ok and Christ like. Both of you are right. :meet
Exactly, dreamer, we can do two things at once. It isn't at all difficult. I have and do pray for people, and I will also absolutely demolish false gospels and doctrines that try to murder the blessed hope. I really hope nobody is insinuating that I don't pray for people.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I know christian people who are not hostile so much as indifferent. Their kid is going to be the quarterback and wedding plans for the daughter etc.. they have the good life far from urban unrest. Well won't they be surprised.
Yes, unfortunately they will indeed be surprised. So many churches nowadays are apostate and not teaching end times truth, because it's too divisive and not everyone sees it the same. I thought pastors & Christian leaders were supposed to teach the Word, rightly dividing it for their church. This is so disheartening that this rarely happens anymore.

athenasius

dreamermind, you against the mob! Good for you! You did right. Having done all stand. Well done. I've been surprised at the level of anger against the doctrine of the Rapture, it seems to make no sense.

Except Peter says it in 2 Peter 3:3-9

They ought to know better-- but they delude themselves on purpose.

And I've long since seen that a Christian who is in sin, is the most angry, hateful and vicious when his or her conscience is being poked at. They attack the messenger.

Jeremiah, Elijah, John the Baptist, Stephen the martyr, Paul. And our Lord.

Truth enrages those who know a little of it, and ought to know better.

HUGS!!!!!

MapleLeaf

This has been my observation as well. The most hostile want to prove how strong and holy they are for resisting. There is slso the assumption that the Tribulation is about persecution and testing the Church. It will have persecution but it isn't ABOUT that. The Church is being tested now and has been since its creation.

I have often had preconceived notions on God and how I believed He should guide my life be proven wrong and I am still here. So their "concern" that pre-Tribbers will become disillusioned and reject Him are unfounded. We have to hold fast all the time.

If there is no Rapture we are all dead.

dreamermind

dreamermind, you against the mob! Good for you! You did right. Having done all stand. Well done. I've been surprised at the level of anger against the doctrine of the Rapture, it seems to make no sense.

Except Peter says it in 2 Peter 3:3-9

They ought to know better-- but they delude themselves on purpose.

And I've long since seen that a Christian who is in sin, is the most angry, hateful and vicious when his or her conscience is being poked at. They attack the messenger.

Jeremiah, Elijah, John the Baptist, Stephen the martyr, Paul. And our Lord.

Truth enrages those who know a little of it, and ought to know better.

HUGS!!!!!
I couldn’t help it. They are influencing other believers out there and it got me all riled up! :) Hugs back thank you!

dreamermind

This has been my observation as well. The most hostile want to prove how strong and holy they are for resisting. There is slso the assumption that the Tribulation is about persecution and testing the Church. It will have persecution but it isn't ABOUT that. The Church is being tested now and has been since its creation.

I have often had preconceived notions on God and how I believed He should guide my life be proven wrong and I am still here. So their "concern" that pre-Tribbers will become disillusioned and reject Him are unfounded. We have to hold fast all the time.

Exactly! They have an expectation of suffering. How they can preach the true gospel full of hope I don’t know.

Eric Nicholas

I agree, sister. They get the purpose of the Tribulation exactly wrong, which like all things wrong, feed and give breath to aberrations. They are ready to go nuts over the mild persecution the Church withstands now, but are going to turn into super patient, enduring saints or something in the worst of all times, because the Bible says so, or so they fancy. Hogwash, the lot of it and it's not even amusing hogwash.

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

I agree, brother. They get the purpose of the Tribulation exactly wrong, which like all things wrong, feed and give breath to aberrations. They are ready to go nuts over the mild persecution the Church withstands now, but are going to turn into super patient, enduring saints or something in the worst of all times, because the Bible says so, or so they fancy. Hogwash, the lot of it and it's not even amusing hogwash.
I wouldn't even want to bunker down and try to survive all that. I think I would pray I be taken during the first seal, ha ha!

And I am a sister, by the way. ;)