Christians in Need of Backup!!!

ReadyforSupper

I stumbled onto the most unlikely place to witness! There's a lot of fertile ground there, but the knowledgeable Christians are few and far between.

This place is, like one of the members said to me in a private message "a shark tank".

If you choose to go to this "foreign country", know that there are maybe hundreds of people searching, and hundreds more attacking at every point.

here's where I've been (reading mostly, encouraging the bretheren through private messages, making small points on the boards, etc.):
*removed by admin*

Caution: you MUST know your scripture and have a working knowledge of the character of God in all forms, or they'll rip you apart. The seekers are scared, but still seeking.

I've actually sent a member to this forum, so he had a place to catch his breath in between battles. I prayed long and hard over this. I truly don't want to get into useless debates over one line of scripture (right now, they're debating ONE line "This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled" and completely ignoring the fig tree!), however, I found this completely by accident about a week ago, and I've had so many people come to me privately and ask questions or give opinions that would get them creamed on the boards because they don't have the scriptural knowledge to back up their points.

We have family members that need our help. I'm not, at all suggesting that anyone make that cesspool a homepage, but if you're willing, they're searching. It's so sad watching them founder! (Although there are a couple that are right on the mark and they're not getting any rest).

So, there it is, fertile ground waiting for seed to be planted, or watered.

Please pray about this and ask God if He wants you jumping in. I didn't want to, but after the tenth message asking "how did you know that?" or "thank you for being brave" I acquiesced. (See what complaining about my ministry taking a dive did? He sent me to one MEANER THAN THE BIKERS!!!!) :((

Pray for me, family. I don't like this at all, but who am I to ignore a lost sheep?

Last edited by a moderator:

christ4ever777

I stumbled onto the most unlikely place to witness! There's a lot of fertile ground there, but the knowledgeable Christians are few and far between.

This place is, like one of the members said to me in a private message "a shark tank".

If you choose to go to this "foreign country", know that there are maybe hundreds of people searching, and hundreds more attacking at every point.

here's where I've been (reading mostly, encouraging the bretheren through private messages, making small points on the boards, etc.):

Caution: you MUST know your scripture and have a working knowledge of the character of God in all forms, or they'll rip you apart. The seekers are scared, but still seeking.

I've actually sent a member to this forum, so he had a place to catch his breath in between battles. I prayed long and hard over this. I truly don't want to get into useless debates over one line of scripture (right now, they're debating ONE line "This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled" and completely ignoring the fig tree!), however, I found this completely by accident about a week ago, and I've had so many people come to me privately and ask questions or give opinions that would get them creamed on the boards because they don't have the scriptural knowledge to back up their points.

We have family members that need our help. I'm not, at all suggesting that anyone make that cesspool a homepage, but if you're willing, they're searching. It's so sad watching them founder! (Although there are a couple that are right on the mark and they're not getting any rest).

So, there it is, fertile ground waiting for seed to be planted, or watered.

Please pray about this and ask God if He wants you jumping in. I didn't want to, but after the tenth message asking "how did you know that?" or "thank you for being brave" I acquiesced. (See what complaining about my ministry taking a dive did? He sent me to one MEANER THAN THE BIKERS!!!!) :((

Pray for me, family. I don't like this at all, but who am I to ignore a lost sheep?

Prayer for you sister and the christians over there. :hug I know some scripture but not in-depth and Im still learning. I think whats best for me is I am going to spend a year or two hearing scripture so it can get into my spirit. Its the easily way for me to remember things because it works for me with christian music and I'll seek God from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReadyforSupper

Sis, point the honest seekers to here.

I'm already doing it. Some are so confused it's heartbreaking. I'm doing a one at a time private message, as I find someone that's asking genuine questions and then getting answers that don't make sense and are mostly new age garbage. I'll weed them out in private messages. (Trolls are meaner than bikers, well, behind a keyboard anyway, ahahahaa)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Praying for you ReadyforSupper!!! Also, will be praying that this forum and it's wonderful people would faithfully witness in love to these people.

As a heads up, is there any particular question or train of thoughts that are common with the seekers?

REKG

WOW.... just went over to look and it really saddens me, I do believe I'll remain here with my brothers and sisters, I really don't want to argue with someone or somebody who already has their mind set; regardless of what proof of scripture I give. IMHO I believe they read the scripture without asking for the Heavenly Fathers' help in understanding. Therefore there is some messed up beliefs and false statements being thrown around. :doh:

Patiently...

:pray:ing for you. You said once in another thread you don't beat around the - you mow it over. (or something close to that) You are ideal to try and reach them. You aren't intimidated easily it sounds like. I will encourage you through prayer daily.:hug

ReadyforSupper

Praying for you ReadyforSupper!!! Also, will be praying that this forum and it's wonderful people would faithfully witness in love to these people.

As a heads up, is there any particular question or train of thoughts that are common with the seekers?

Yes, they think God is a bubble gum machine. It appears as if they've been watching some of the prosperity teachers, didn't get what they told God to give them and now they're miserable because God let them down.

The prosperity gospel is one of the best weapons satan ever devised. These people don't want to serve God, they want a god to serve them.

As one lady put it "but, I read the book that "pastor Joel" (arrrgh) wrote and he said that I had to remind God of what I'd done for Him and cash in on the seeds I planted, but he's not doing anything to make my life happier".

Another poor girl is suffering from depression (I think oppression, she's stronger than she thinks she is) and very carnal, but saved. She got the advise to have a hysterectomy so she wouldn't pass on the depression to her "offspring". This is in a "christian" forum??? Her screen name: Sadgirl :crying

I think the biggest thing they need to see is, how true believers work together. They need to see what agape love truly is. I wish I could copy and paste them into a real discussion!

Please pray for the foot soldiers, they're ready to quit. Until I came in with my very, very limited knowledge (compared to some of ya'll), they were fighting alone. Two men holding Christ up, against the world. Trying to teach and answer honest questions and getting the worst kind of heresy thrown in to confuse the babes. I truly believe there are saved people in there, but not functioning in the Spirit. Faith without works is dead...

If you want to see what needs prayer, just pop in and check. Man, the world sure is a nasty place...I'm SO grateful we're not part of it!!!

ReadyforSupper

:pray:ing for you. You said once in another thread you don't beat around the - you mow it over. (or something close to that) You are ideal to try and reach them. You aren't intimidated easily it sounds like. I will encourage you through prayer daily.:hug

LOL, I'd forgotten that! My gf Dawn said "she doesn't beat around the bush, she's more like a bushog"! Good memory sis! :lol:

ReadyforSupper

WOW.... just went over to look and it really saddens me, I do believe I'll remain here with my brothers and sisters, I really don't want to argue with someone or somebody who already has their mind set; regardless of what proof of scripture I give. IMHO I believe they read the scripture without asking for the Heavenly Fathers' help in understanding. Therefore there is some messed up beliefs and false statements being thrown around. :doh:

Exactly. Worse, some will google a verse and start a war over ONE verse. The "Jesus end time prophecy was in error" thread is a perfect example.

ReadyforSupper

Please be careful. I went to site and after checking out the administrator, this appears to be a Muslim based site.

First, :welcome: to RF!!! I think you may be onto something. It's a "all roads to one god" theme. But, I went back in this morning and found I had 3 messages, all with serious questions and a LOT of fear. One was a thank you for prayer, so I guess that makes it 4.

I'm going to stay for a bit, and try to back up the two precious brothers that are fighting the good fight. I'm afraid however, that it's mostly "pearls before swine" but I get the distinct feeling that there's someone that really needs to see strong Christians who never fall down.

I'm SO grateful that you've taken the time, as a first post, to warn me. It means so much to know there are people who would take the time to register an account to protect a sister :hug

I'm glad to know about the Muslim mod...I actually have learned that I have a knack for witnessing to Muslims. I don't know how much headway I'm making, but they've not blocked me, so I know the seeds are being planted.

OH, Y'all, Sharif called me yesterday!!! He's still alive!!! :hyper:

Patiently...

Yes, they think God is a bubble gum machine. It appears as if they've been watching some of the prosperity teachers, didn't get what they told God to give them and now they're miserable because God let them down.

The prosperity gospel is one of the best weapons satan ever devised. These people don't want to serve God, they want a god to serve them.

As one lady put it "but, I read the book that "pastor Joel" (arrrgh) wrote and he said that I had to remind God of what I'd done for Him and cash in on the seeds I planted, but he's not doing anything to make my life happier".

Another poor girl is suffering from depression (I think oppression, she's stronger than she thinks she is) and very carnal, but saved. She got the advise to have a hysterectomy so she wouldn't pass on the depression to her "offspring". This is in a "christian" forum??? Her screen name: Sadgirl :crying

I think the biggest thing they need to see is, how true believers work together. They need to see what agape love truly is. I wish I could copy and paste them into a real discussion!

Please pray for the foot soldiers, they're ready to quit. Until I came in with my very, very limited knowledge (compared to some of ya'll), they were fighting alone. Two men holding Christ up, against the world. Trying to teach and answer honest questions and getting the worst kind of heresy thrown in to confuse the babes. I truly believe there are saved people in there, but not functioning in the Spirit. Faith without works is dead...

If you want to see what needs prayer, just pop in and check. Man, the world sure is a nasty place...I'm SO grateful we're not part of it!!!

This is just sad. True and sad. Prosperity, name it and claim it, remind God of what you've done for HIM?!?! Oh man.

Mike930

Hello,

So, this is a REAL Christian forum? Readyforsupper told me about this forum and invited me over. My wife, daughter and i are thinking of moving across country and I found a site called City Data. A very nice site if you want to research cities and get info, etc.

Then I see other forums. Oh look, they have a Christian forum. How nice. So I go in and get the shock of my life. That forum has the biggest collection of new agers, universalists and legalists I have ever seen. There are two things I learned there.....

1) You better know your bible because people can really twist scripture.

2) The Lord still has work to do on my temper.

I'm using the same ID I used there, so you can see how snarky I got recently with them. It amazes me how you can outline the Word and lay out scripture and they just ignore it or twist it. It was a good lesson on how the Holy Spirit is needed to reveal Truth.

I came out of the Word of Faith belief (yeah, name it and claim it). I spent 4 years in Asia courtesy of the US military and married a wonderful woman from Singapore (married for 27 years now). We were visiting her family in 2002 and I was in a shopping mall one evening looking around and I see this place with a giant stone front called "The Rock". I wandered over and discovered it was a movie theater converted to a church with a book store and all.

After looking around I found out they had a Weds night service, so I stuck around to check it out. I sit down and out comes this pastor named Joseph Prince. This was the first time I ever heard a message about the finished work of Christ, His grace and that it was about His love for me and not how much I had to love and obey Him. I got my wife, we went for services while we were there and were amazed at what we heard. We go there whenever we visit family now.

I think the Word of Faith started out good but it's gotten to heavy on the prosperity message and too much emphasis on OUR faith and not enough on Jesus. However, I'm starting to see the same preachers now talking about grace.

So I believe in the finished work of Christ. I believe that I'm blessed because of Jesus and the cross, blessed by His blood and that any works we do flows out of knowing His love for us. I do believe in works, but not to save us. It's a fruit of knowing Him, not a requirement.

If that's a problem here, let me know and I'll be on my way and wish you the best. I don't claim to have all the answers and I'm not looking for everyone to agree with me. I would however, like a place where there are other believers, not people who think the cross is a "bloody barbaric thing" and that Christ was a mystic (hellooo city data).

Sorry if this got long, but I thought it best to get everything out in the open.

Patiently...

:welcome:Mike930!
Yes, this is a REAL Christian Forum.
I hope you take the time to stay and learn with us.
There are many very knowledgable people here that I have learned so much from.
I've been a Christian for 43 years now, but I have still grown greatly from my time here.
This is a true blessing for people that are really seeking God.

Last edited:

ReadyforSupper

MIKE!!! :hug

I'm so so glad you came! This is s solid family unit, we're solid in the Word but as any family, in different stages of our walks.
PatientlyWaiting is right. This is a REAL Christian community!

I know the work you've been doing over on the other site and I have to tell you, I'm so proud of you! I know how difficult it is and I've only been there, what...a week? That's some witness field, but satan is standing right there, ready to rip the Word apart.

We're here any time you need a friend. We love each other with that tough love that Paul taught us. If you see me out of line, please, like any of my other family members would (and I know you would), love me back into shape!

I came on this site, like I do every morning, to check the news (I have to see if Damascus still exists, I have a friend there), and I saw YOU!!!

Wanna hear something funny? Yesterday, I spoke of "the grace pastor from Singapore" and for the life of me, couldn't remember his name. Your first post, You went to Joseph Prince's church!! (I'm gonna take that as a positive gesture from God):thumbup

Thank you brother, for coming over so we can study the Word together!

Oh, I have to say, this is NOT a forum wherein you have to be "PC". We're not here to candy coat anything, but you can reveal yourself or post a personal problem and nobody, I mean nobody will attack you. This is a true church with strong leadership and the "congregation" is (or is learning to be with great success) "of one agreement".

We do throw ideas and questions around some are personal observations, some are questions of scripture, prophecy, and we may not always be on the mark, someone who knows WILL come in with the right answer and will not beat you over the head with it. (nor will they twist one line of scripture and post it over and over again thinking if they say it enough that it makes it real).

I'm glad you came Mike. Like I said when I messaged you, this is a refuge. A place to rest.

I've never seen a more loving group of people in my life. (literally) :meet:

Mike930

Thanks for the welcome. I am learning as well and look forward to doing so here.

I'm think I'm done with City Data, other than the actual city info. I'm all for witnessing, but that was a nightmare. No one there is open that I can see. One even called himself a Christian universalist. Huh? I used one icon so much I wanted to change my name to.....:doh:

Someone started a thread there called "What are you saved from". My answer was "this forum". The really, really sad part there is that many of the legalists are actually pastors, if you believe them.

But, again thanks for the welcome. I pray your friend in Damascus is ok.

I'm with you Patiently. No matter how long we've been believers, we have a lot to learn. It seems just when I think I've got a verse figured out, He reveals more of it. It's like the more you learn, the more you realize you know nothing.

ReadyforSupper

Brother, I found CD's "Christianity" link the same way you did. I was excited to see it and thought WOW! Then I read it and though...wow:ohno

I do believe that there are seekers over there, I, like you, don't think it's a place to try to discuss the Word, because they don't care about the Word. (Someone mentioned that the Bible was completely unnecessary because "real" Christians hear it directly from God. Someone else said "Jesus spoke in 17th century English, but because he's Jesus, everyone heard Him in aramaic"...you know...)

I saw your "what are you saved from" answer and rolled. :pound:Yep, that place is a perfect picture of the fallen church. The church of Laodacia.

Again, I'm just thrilled that you're here and you won't find yourself sitting there, heart pounding, watching someone completely distort the Word and reduce our Lord to myths and fairy tales. (Like the "Christian" who's also reincarnated:twitch)

So, off topic, where are ya'll thinking about moving to? My hubby and I think we're being moved as well (hence CD).