Christians in love with non-Christians who happen to be Jewish

LindaLove

I fell in love w/ a Jewish man who I met when I was 20. We dated almost 3 yrs and started to talk about getting married. His family hated me and made that well known, which terrified and tormented me. I told myself I would be a messianic Jew and raise the children Jewish.

I made myself break up with him, the family issues was just too much. He used to stand outside my place crying and begging me to talk to him, but I refused. Every time I would think about him, I would force myself to cast those thoughts out. It’s been almost 33 yrs now and I’m still doing that.

He moved on a married the Jewish person his family picked out for him and had 2 girls. I never married and never had any children. I went on to live pretty much the exact life I did not want for myself. I feel like because I was going to agree to raise the children Jewish and let the decide if they wanted to be messianic, that a curse was put on that part of my life. Love is hard to come by, marry him and pray he accepts Jesus.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I'll be blunt. If it was me, I would not do it. If your walk with the Lord is important, you will never be content when unequally yoked.

I would pray about it and give them the gospel. Hopefully they accept Christ. I would not marry a non Christian. Be honest with this person.

Marriage is not something to be taken lightly. It is life long. Period. Once you say I do, that's it my friend. No turning back.

XSLaura

I'll be blunt. If it was me, I would not do it. If your walk with the Lord is important, you will never be content when unequally yoked.

I would pray about it and give them the gospel. Hopefully they accept Christ. I would not marry a non Christian. Be honest with this person.

Marriage is not something to be taken lightly. It is life long. Period. Once you say I do, that's it my friend. No turning back.
Well stated. I know quite a few that were unequally yoked and of those about half have ceased living a Christian lifestyle. And the majority of the other half struggle continually. Out of all of them I only know one couple where the unsaved spouse was saved.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I have found myself in a unique position: I've fallen in love with a non-Christian who is Jewish.
Read God's Word and see what He says about it. Doesn't matter what any of us have to say about it. Marriage is a 'life long' partnership, and even though no married couples agree 100% of the time, they both better agree about Jesus and the truth about who He is, and their correct personal response to who He is. Otherwise, no deal.

Misty S

To clarify, me and my husband did not get married until the witchcraft was purged from my life. I thank God everyday for Eric. Now, me and my daughters will enjoy the presence of our Father, forever. Imagine being truly in love with someone and them rejecting the Truth right up until the end. That is too much and no way to live. We disobey, there are tangible consequences because we advance in a way contrary to our own good as outright stated in the Word.

Last edited:

LindaLove

You are right. Shame on you tuco22 for giving your heart to a non believer. Walk away, repent and guard your heart better in the future.

Christchild49

I just read everyone's responses, and they're spot on. A long time ago I wanted to go to my ten-year class reunion married so I looked like everyone else who was married in my class. Then a friend told me this. "Do you want to be an 'I am married', or an 'I was, but I'm now divorced'? Don't be someone who gets divorced right away. Also, here's another Biblical thought for you... Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 NLT

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Falling in love is a human emotion that springs from the heart. The Bible tells us that the heart is the most deceitful of things. After a lot of experience over almost 8 decades of life, I do not believe God leads us to an unsaved person to be our life partner. He does not yoke us unequally.

Yes, there are many testimonies of unequal marriages working out. But oh! the pain of the process! And those eventually successful unequal marriages are far, far outnumbered by the ones that fail.

Our own human flesh leads us into error and Satan loves to use our flesh to try and wreck God's plan for us. That old Splitfoot and his workers of darkness are very good at making wrong things look right. The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was deadly; but thanks to Satan, Eve "saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise." Well, we all know the upshot of that. Just because something looks perfect to our eyes and heart does not mean it is God's will for us.

If you want God's will, not yours, then ask God to bring you the mate He has prepared for you. Don't seek a spouse, seek God. And be VERY careful that the one you think is THE one is indeed from God.

True love is NOT an emotion we feel, it's something that grows when we commit to what God wants. Emotions change ... the massive divorce rate in this world proves that. But true love never does. True love is NOT hard to come by: it grows whenever and wherever a person trusts God alone for their mate. I know this from experience ... AND from the Word.

Wings Like Eagles

I have found myself in a unique position: I've fallen in love with a non-Christian who is Jewish.
Do you have any Messianic congregations near you? You could have the rabbi there, speak to him about Jesus. Jewish people will resist listening to Gentile evangelism efforts, but they will often listen to Messianic Jews (out of curiosity if nothing else). Satan will try to keep him blind so you must pray, pray, pray for the Holy Spirit to "convict of sin, righteousness and judgment" and see what happens. I have a Messianic friend who was evangelized by her sister (who was disowned by their Orthodox Jewish family). Messianic Jews are skilled at refuting Jewish objections to Yeshua. When my friend married her husband, they were both Orthodox and they nearly got divorced when she told him that she had taken Jesus as her Saviour. Her husband eventually became Messianic but there was a lot of suffering of their relationship along the way. It really isn't a good idea to marry an unbeliever. I can't tell you the number of women I have counseled who agonized over their unsaved husbands. If you hope to have believing sons one day, you should know that boys, in particular, take their spiritual leadership from their fathers. If dad doesn't believe, it is likely that son will not believe either.

cheeky200386

Do you have any Messianic congregations near you? You could have the rabbi there, speak to him about Jesus. Jewish people will resist listening to Gentile evangelism efforts, but they will often listen to Messianic Jews (out of curiosity if nothing else). Satan will try to keep him blind so you must pray, pray, pray for the Holy Spirit to "convict of sin, righteousness and judgment" and see what happens. I have a Messianic friend who was evangelized by her sister (who was disowned by their Orthodox Jewish family). Messianic Jews are skilled at refuting Jewish objections to Yeshua. When my friend married her husband, they were both Orthodox and they nearly got divorced when she told him that she had taken Jesus as her Saviour. Her husband eventually became Messianic but there was a lot of suffering of their relationship along the way. It really isn't a good idea to marry an unbeliever. I can't tell you the number of women I have counseled who agonized over their unsaved husbands. If you hope to have believing sons one day, you should know that boys, in particular, take their spiritual leadership from their fathers. If dad doesn't believe, it is likely that son will not believe either.

That last part is what makes me sad. I married my husband when I was an unbeliever. I got saved 5 years ago and hate that my husband doesn't believe since we have a 4 month old son. I want to see us equally yoked for my son's sake but can't force my husband to believe. I fantasize of the day my husband becomes born again. I pray the Lord would hear my prayer and let me see my son grow up to be a man of God in spite of what his father chooses.