Christians Debate Whether It’s OK to ‘Act Muslim’ to Save Their Lives

Hol

Worships Him
The 'act Muslim' movement is, sadly, also taught by Wycliffe, Frontiers, YWAM, even New Tribes from a few articles I've seen.

Nothing makes the United States more a nation worthy of wrath than this. I think the term is the indoctrination C5? It is taught to missionaries as a super sophisticated way to win Arabic folks. They have updated (false) Bible translations friendly to allah. They undermine Christ.

These missionaries who adopt the same 'higher' biblical critism that German intellects (1800s) pushed & the church thought Darwin was ever so smart, need to hear from any supporters that you have stopped funding this seeker friendly missionary leprosy.

Stop supporting unfaithful gospel outreach.

LoudRam

One Kenyan pastor, David Oginde, the head of the 45,000-member Christ is the Answer Ministries, says that such pretending to be Muslim is unworthy behavior for a Christian. “A true Christian must be ready to live and to die for the faith,” he said.
I agree. At first it may seem like this is easy to say seeing I don't live under this type of threat yet, but I am ready to die for Christ. He gave His life for me, I owe Him no less.

Now threatening my family with death or torture unless I deny Him would be much much harder to stand. I pray that I'm never put into that position. I'm just being honest here.

AMA.2.R

I do relate to the fear that drives this capitulation. But capitulation is still what it is, no matter how "prettified" it's presented or how "internally insincere" it might be or how tempting it feels to rationalize it into anything else. At its core, it remains a denial of Christ. How anyone could construe it differently is beyond me, and certainly not supported by the Word.

Now, believe me, having said that, I'll be the first to admit that the very idea of being in a position like that is utterly terrifying. I'd imagine we all worry about whether we would have the courage ourselves to stand firm in Christ Jesus and pick up our cross in a situation like that to carry it to its inevitable end. I worry about it for sure!! Total chicken here ***waving hand*** ... I've actually prayed (especially recently) that the Lord never allow me to dishonor His name if martyrdom comes my way ... that He would give me supernatural, holy courage to stare death in the eye and gladly submit to it in His Name, because frankly, I'd need that prayer answered. Can totally see me flinching before the fire.

So yeah, I get it. But we are still called to take up those crosses and follow Him. Scripture is clear that the world will hate us as it hated Christ. That following Him has a cost. That our faith will divide our families. That in this life we will have trouble, but to praise God because He has overcome this world. At best, if not hated altogether, we should certainly feel more than uncomfortable here if we're living as we should be.

But I digress. As to the original question, you don't literally have to say the words "I deny Jesus Christ" in order to be denying Him.

Lastcall

I agree. At first it may seem like this is easy to say seeing I don't live under this type of threat yet, but I am ready to die for Christ. He gave His life for me, I owe Him no less.

Now threatening my family with death or torture unless I deny Him would be much much harder to stand. I pray that I'm never put into that position. I'm just being honest here.

Good post. I spent 29 years in the USMC, and would like to think I would stand tough in the face of being persecuted for my faith. But, being honest, there is no way to know how anyone would react. Here in the USA, I might be mocked, anti Christian jokes on TV and movies, wild stares when folks see my Christian worded shirts, but my life or my families life is not being threatened.

I pray none of us are ever in that situation. But, if we are, I pray the Holy Spirit will give us strength, and the thought of seeing Jesus in the next few minutes would give us some comfort.

Lastcall

He who saves his life shall lose it.....

I would agree it's never acceptable to act Muslim. It would be terrifying to be put in a situation where you are tortured, and still do not deny Jesus. Since you were strong, they then move on to your children, one at a time. While the most evil acts are being done on your sweet and innocent children, who could stay strong then? This is the exact type situation that ISIS has been doing on Christian families.

Even the strongest and toughest military members, when tortured, they all have an eventual breaking point. If a Christian is ever being tortured for his faith, and saying what needs to be said to remain alive, or to save their kids, I do not believe God would hold that against them. God knows your heart. He can't be fooled.

Lauralai

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it. Not when I have a precious 7 and 8 year old to protect. God knows my heart. Would he really fault me for wanting to do what a mother does naturally which is protect her young? If it was just me and I didn't have kids it would possibly be a different story. But I don't know.

pixelpusher

I've actually prayed (especially recently) that the Lord never allow me to dishonor His name if martyrdom comes my way ... that He would give me supernatural, holy courage to stare death in the eye and gladly submit to it in His Name

I pray none of us are ever in that situation. But, if we are, I pray the Holy Spirit will give us strength, and the thought of seeing Jesus in the next few minutes would give us some comfort.

Luke 12:11-12

If the Holy Spirit will teach at these moments how to answer your captors, and if we are all terrified at the thought of being sawn into or burned, hanged, beheaded, shot, which I believe we are, then that means the martyrs who did face these things were likely as terrified. Yet...

I am sure that if it comes to that, keep your eyes on Jesus, and your heart stayed on His promises, and He will give you what you lack.

Hol

Worships Him
some Christians have started sharing tips on how to “act Muslim” and so avoid being killed by attackers. These tips—shared by word of mouth or even on the internet—include activities such as learning to recite the shahada—Islam’s central creed—in Arabic.

Christian theologians, however, are divided on whether such a practice amounts to a denial of Christ or “apostasy.”
many U.S. missionaries are training new born again former Muslims to practice this. Wycliffe is at the forefront of this seeker-friendly movement.

domo60

The Bible tells us not to think about what we shall say just open your mouth and the words of God will come out. Also tells us not to fear anything even death. With the Lord on your side whom shall you fear. Even with the threats on our familys we shall fear no evil we can be victorious through Jesus Christ our Lord. :soapbox