Christian Yoga: Bringing the Kundalini Spirit Into the Church

ByGod'sGrace

Regardless of how anyone explains the benefit of poses, each pose is designed to invite one of the Hindu deities into your body, to activate the serpent power and help it ultimately take over your mind.
I have never heard of that before. Everything can be made evil in this world, because it is a fallen world. I guess I just don't want to feel guilty for doing hot yoga to help strengthen and heal my back. lol. I'm not going anymore.

Joyinchrist

Regardless of how anyone explains the benefit of poses, each pose is designed to invite one of the Hindu deities into your body, to activate the serpent power and help it ultimately take over your mind.
One can not be possessed by a demon in the body once the person has been born again by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is now within the person and darkness can not reside in that person. I am very grateful in that God protects his children. Darkness and light can not be present at the same time.

Luke12

One can not be possessed by a demon in the body once the person has been born again by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is now within the person and darkness can not reside in that person. I am very grateful in that God protects his children. Darkness and light can not be present at the same time.
True but I don't think anyone here is saying that.
I pulled up a quick definition of the word possessed quickly because I have stuff to do.

(of a demon or spirit, especially an evil one) have complete power over (someone) and be manifested through their speech or actions.
"she was possessed by the Devil"

synonyms:take control of, have power over, take over, have mastery over, cast a spell over, bewitch, enchant, enthrall, control, dominate, influence; More

Harassed might be a better word for this kundalini spirit...…..

Lynn

I have never heard of that before. Everything can be made evil in this world, because it is a fallen world. I guess I just don't want to feel guilty for doing hot yoga to help strengthen and heal my back. lol. I'm not going anymore.
Good decision! There are back exercises that are helpful, or you might check with a chiropractor who is recommended by someone you trust. Yoga posters/classes are posted at the fitness center where I used to go. 'Never' would I sign up for a class, even though it's offered at our county fitness facility by people who have good intentions. They're misguided themselves :ostrich so I'm not about to let them "guide' me.

Popcornfish

Learning how to stretch properly and breathe properly are vital to health. Kundalini yoga in churches is a huge diversion from what should be, in my opinion.
Serita Jakes, wife of Televangelist T.D Jakes, introduced Yoga into their church awhile ago. I do not know if it is Kundalini however.

I'm not that surprised when odd practices enter our churches now days. When we hear news of denominational leaderships approving homosexuals in church offices, even as pastors, and also have elected to perform marriages in the church, I see it as a sign of the end times. Not in our hands but God's will being done.
Pray for the Christians that are in the midst of that is all I can do.

God Bless.

Hsmommy

I have a 17 year old son with autism. The school took his class on a field trip to a yoga studio. My son isn't very verbal & couldn't articulate why, but he ran away from the studio & headed back to the school. Personally, I think Jesus just steered him towards safety. Spiritual safety that is.

Hidden

I remember secretly asking an Indian colleague why the Hindu men, mostly engineers, in our office put some kind of white powder on their forehead every morning. She said it was some kind of protection like if someone attempts to hypnotize you or sends some bad vibes your way that speck on your forehead would protect you. lol