Christian teacher loses job after refusing to deceive parents on kids' gender transitions: 'From the devil'

GEOINTAnalyst

Jessica Tapia went into teaching because of how 'amazing it would be to be a light to [kids] coming from very rough homes like I did when I was a child'

California teacher, who lost her job after refusing to comply with a California district's gender policies, citing Christian beliefs, is blowing the whistle on the expectations she felt as a teacher to not only hide students' gender transitions from parents, but also to keep them in the dark through lying.

"I knew immediately, like in my gut, in my heart, in my soul, that there was a decision I had to make because, you know, these two things were totally butting heads," Jessica Tapia, who worked at the Jurupa Unified School District, told Fox News Digital. "I essentially had to pick one. Am I going to obey the district in the directive that are not lining up with… my own beliefs, convictions and faith? Or am I going to stay true…, choose my faith, choose to be obedient to… the way the Lord has called me to live. And so it was crazy to be in the position where I realized that I couldn't be a Christian and a teacher."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris...deceive-parents-kids-gender-transitions-devil

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I essentially had to pick one. Am I going to obey the district in the directive that are not lining up with… my own beliefs, convictions and faith? Or am I going to stay true…, choose my faith, choose to be obedient to… the way the Lord has called me to live. And so it was crazy to be in the position where I realized that I couldn't be a Christian and a teacher."
Good for her! Now, hopefully she'll move out of that state or begin a new job in a private Christian school.

Back