Christ Will Return

Jaybird

It is certainly one of those ironies that we Christians are living at a time when all the signs and prophecies written about thousands of years ago are converging like wildfire and yet most Churches want nothing to do with any part of Scripture that relates to these things. Andy Woods had an excellent sermon concerning apostasy in the Church and it is his opinion that apostasy is one of the MAJOR signs that we are in the end times. Seeing how all these Churches are abandoning the sound teaching of Scripture (not just the end times stuff) makes me believe that he might be right about apostasy being a major sign! Maranatha!

Dragontiger777

I hear you! Christians talking about when their children grow up, get married, and then have their own kids, how much fun it will be to be grandparents? And I think “what world are you living in”? And here in the Nashville area, this past week has been a wake-up call to the extent of evil and depravity in this world, yet eyes are closed and ears won’t hear Jesus is coming VERY soon.
I know these people (personally know some) who are saved, but can’t let go of the dreams of the “nuclear family” continuing for decades longer. I know they see this world spiraling out of control, yet can’t face reality.
Since leaving Dallas in 2005, we have been unable to find a rapture-believing church, no matter the city/state we have lived in. In 2000, my husband found the RaptureReady website, and I was blown away with the concept of a rapture, as I had never even heard of the concept.
As evil as technology has become in many ways, it still provides a way to hear the truth and even communicate with other like-minded Christians. I remember my first “prophecy conference” in 2004 at FBDALLAS, with Tim LaHaye, Ed Hindson, Gary Frazier, and our pastor, Mac Brunson. BLEW ME AWAY, and after that I couldn’t understand how anyone could dispute the rapture if they really studied the concept and listened to sound teachers.
In the days we are in now, I think there are even less people who believe in the rapture. But thank the Lord there are a number of pastors preaching it, accessing their services/teachings is so easy with technology.
I agreed as I see that I make mad that I want to see Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. But somehow the evil twist block children to get marry change to same marriage. that make me sick. We taught my children about God and follow His way not our way or our desire.

My son got awesome wife and beautiful Granddaughter. However, my daughter told us that she said, "I want life different as lift style" She still in 20 years old. They believe in God as I cannot rebuked or but only God will take care of it because they are mature and out world. AS we pray for their soul that God will take care and guide them right path.

Yes, I feel grief and also joy looking forward My LORD Jesus coming soon during my lifetime therefore there is no question. HE will come soon less few years believe me.

athenasius

I think Calvinism has been at the bottom of this lack of end times teaching in most churches today.
YES!

The resurgence of the Reform movement theology, from Rushdoony in the early 80's to the way the Calvinist theology has crept into many churches, even the evangelical fundamentalist churches that used to preach on the Pre Trib Rapture, the Tribulation, and the Second Coming followed by the Millennial Reign of Christ have been purposely infiltrated and turned over to Reform theology. My memory for the names of the various groups is foggy tonight, but they also blended into the New Apostolic Reformation NAR groups that were joining up with a lot of new stuff over in the Pentecostal Charismatic circles.

The thing they agree on, whether dyed in the wool old line Calvinists out of reformation churches or Neo Calvinist Puritan reform and Dominionist groups along with the wild yeasty side of the Pentecostal Charismatic NAR types is ESCHATOLOGY.

They ALL seem to think they'll eventually bring the world under their jackboots and force a form of purity and righteousness. Some consider it will happen by taking the so called 7 mountains of society: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Mountain_Mandate which I quote here for speed and accuracy: "The seven areas which the movement believe control society and which they seek to control are family, religion, education, media, entertainment, business, and government."

I remember the late Dave Hunt warning about this weird coalition between the vehemently non charismatic old line Calvinists with the vehemently charismatic Dominionists.

MapleLeaf

I follow a lot of calvinists because I have family that are and so many were taking stands on culture that I agreed with and I thought we could stand together. I have had calvinist friends who have valued me as sister in Christ. But after the Nashville shootings which targeted a Reformed Church and the ensuing evidence that the anti-christ hate and persecution are imminent (and not their take-over for Jesus) they are losing their minds and the accounts that had always just focused on the Bible and things I could agree with are now blaming the evil "Arminianists" (and to calvinists ALL non Reformed people are Arminianists) and pre-milleniallists. My sister had started to attend a reformed church after her own had gone apostate and at first they were so focused on other issues she never really noticed any major differences but now stuff is coming out more and she did mention to me that for how much they hate the NAR types that they really sound like them too. I know there are Reformed types who are premillenialists (John MacArthur comes to mind...my family who are calvinist are too) but my family's church's pastor has now converted from that viewpoint to amillenialism and is now telling the congregation how stupid premillienialism is. So who knows how long that lasts. They put their leaders on higher pedestals than I think they should but that may be the anabaptist in me talking.

It has been very hurtful. I didn't mind agreeing to disagree on certain aspects of Reformed theology as I see a lot of that as 'secondary' issues. I have listened to some of the sermons that just focused on the Bible and got a lot out of them. But the self-obsession with them being Reformed and quoting John Calvin more than Jesus and the bad faith judgements they throw at fellow Believers is insufferable. I have had such good spiritual discussions with my calvinist family members so now I'm scared they secretly think I'm a raging heretic going to hell.

Jan51

I follow a lot of calvinists because I have family that are and so many were taking stands on culture that I agreed with and I thought we could stand together. I have had calvinist friends who have valued me as sister in Christ. But after the Nashville shootings which targeted a Reformed Church and the ensuing evidence that the anti-christ hate and persecution are imminent (and not their take-over for Jesus) they are losing their minds and the accounts that had always just focused on the Bible and things I could agree with are now blaming the evil "Arminianists" (and to calvinists ALL non Reformed people are Arminianists) and pre-milleniallists. My sister had started to attend a reformed church after her own had gone apostate and at first they were so focused on other issues she never really noticed any major differences but now stuff is coming out more and she did mention to me that for how much they hate the NAR types that they really sound like them too. I know there are Reformed types who are premillenialists (John MacArthur comes to mind...my family who are calvinist are too) but my family's church's pastor has now converted from that viewpoint to amillenialism and is now telling the congregation how stupid premillienialism is. So who knows how long that lasts. They put their leaders on higher pedestals than I think they should but that may be the anabaptist in me talking.

It has been very hurtful. I didn't mind agreeing to disagree on certain aspects of Reformed theology as I see a lot of that as 'secondary' issues. I have listened to some of the sermons that just focused on the Bible and got a lot out of them. But the self-obsession with them being Reformed and quoting John Calvin more than Jesus and the bad faith judgements they throw at fellow Believers is insufferable. I have had such good spiritual discussions with my calvinist family members so now I'm scared they secretly think I'm a raging heretic going to hell.
And the weird thing about those who oppose the pre-trib rapture is that they do it in such a vehement unchristian attacking of those who believe it.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
It is certainly one of those ironies that we Christians are living at a time when all the signs and prophecies written about thousands of years ago are converging like wildfire and yet most Churches want nothing to do with any part of Scripture that relates to these things. Andy Woods had an excellent sermon concerning apostasy in the Church and it is his opinion that apostasy is one of the MAJOR signs that we are in the end times. Seeing how all these Churches are abandoning the sound teaching of Scripture (not just the end times stuff) makes me believe that he might be right about apostasy being a major sign! Maranatha!
Jesus warned us about deception be not deceived. Some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. They are falling away from sound doctrine.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
And the weird thing about those who oppose the pre-trib rapture is that they do it in such a vehement unchristian attacking of those who believe it.
Even though the Bible teaches a pre-trib rapture.
You are right, those who oppose the teaching can be aggressive and hostile often times.
I personally do not entertain them.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Read this passage last night as I happened to turn to it and was comforted:

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be.

John 14:1-3

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be.
Yes!! I quote this verse a lot to other Christians who are concerned about this world and how things are going. I'm not happy either with all the evil, ungodly attitudes & behavior, but I believe God's Word. I'd rather ponder truth that gives me hope for the future rather than run scared due to these people who will eventually be put out of business. I've read the back of the :bible Book. I guess they haven't. They're the ones who oughta be runnin' scared :fear

Jaybird

Yes!! I quote this verse a lot to other Christians who are concerned about this world and how things are going. I'm not happy either with all the evil, ungodly attitudes & behavior, but I believe God's Word. I'd rather ponder truth that gives me hope for the future rather than run scared due to these people who will eventually be put out of business. I've read the back of the :bible Book. I guess they haven't. They're the ones who oughta be runnin' scared :fear
Well said, they should be running scared, but ignorance is bliss.

Luke 17: 26-30:
"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all— so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Andy C

I hear you! Christians talking about when their children grow up, get married, and then have their own kids, how much fun it will be to be grandparents? And I think “what world are you living in”? And here in the Nashville area, this past week has been a wake-up call to the extent of evil and depravity in this world, yet eyes are closed and ears won’t hear Jesus is coming VERY soon.
I know these people (personally know some) who are saved, but can’t let go of the dreams of the “nuclear family” continuing for decades longer. I know they see this world spiraling out of control, yet can’t face reality.
Since leaving Dallas in 2005, we have been unable to find a rapture-believing church, no matter the city/state we have lived in. In 2000, my husband found the RaptureReady website, and I was blown away with the concept of a rapture, as I had never even heard of the concept.
As evil as technology has become in many ways, it still provides a way to hear the truth and even communicate with other like-minded Christians. I remember my first “prophecy conference” in 2004 at FBDALLAS, with Tim LaHaye, Ed Hindson, Gary Frazier, and our pastor, Mac Brunson. BLEW ME AWAY, and after that I couldn’t understand how anyone could dispute the rapture if they really studied the concept and listened to sound teachers.
In the days we are in now, I think there are even less people who believe in the rapture. But thank the Lord there are a number of pastors preaching it, accessing their services/teachings is so easy with technology.
As others have said, what are we supposed to do, mope around all day singing woe is me?

I have been studying end times for many years, and like most others, I believe we are in the final season, the end is near. Having said that, my words are worth absolutely nothing, because the rapture is a signless event, so regardless of how I perceive certain signs, regardless of how they all seem to be coming at breakneck speed, we simply cant know when.

Do I look forward to seeing my 9 year old granddaughter someday getting married, and me possibly being the one who walks her down the aisle, 100 percent yes. Do I think we will be here that long, no, definitely no - again, just my worthless opinion.

Im not giving in to this fallen world, but I also have no doubt normalcy is long gone, never to return. Maybe some big event in the world, or in my life could cause me to have a different outlook, feel dejected, depressed, or whatever. Then again, Im hard headed and if my mind is set on making the most out of what time He has allotted for my life, then Im going to joyfully run the best I can, and hopefully help others come along for the ride.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
As others have said, what are we supposed to do, mope around all day singing woe is me?

I have been studying end times for many years, and like most others, I believe we are in the final season, the end is near. Having said that, my words are worth absolutely nothing, because the rapture is a signless event, so regardless of how I perceive certain signs, regardless of how they all seem to be coming at breakneck speed, we simply cant know when.

Do I look forward to seeing my 9 year old granddaughter someday getting married, and me possibly being the one who walks her down the aisle, 100 percent yes. Do I think we will be here that long, no, definitely no - again, just my worthless opinion.

Im not giving in to this fallen world, but I also have no doubt normalcy is long gone, never to return. Maybe some big event in the world, or in my life could cause me to have a different outlook, feel dejected, depressed, or whatever. Then again, Im hard headed and if my mind is set on making the most out of what time He has allotted for my life, then Im going to joyfully run the best I can, and hopefully help others come along for the ride.
Agree with ya on that one Andy

Jaybird

Phi 3: 12-14:
"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Easier said than done, but Andy C is right. We have to run the race!

Back