Chris Cuomo: Get In The Closet, Serious Christians, Your Kind Aren’t Welcome In Public Life

Lovin Jesus

The left believes Christians should be free to worship whatever sky-fairies they want, providing it’s a part-time commitment behind closed doors.

While interviewing Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, last week, CNN’s Chris Cuomo expressed concern that Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s faith appears “more central to her value system and her behavior and thoughts than it would be for just an ordinary Catholic.”

Cuomo went on to suggest in an interview with former 2020 Democratic candidate Pete Buttigieg that people’s faith “doesn’t matter,” but their policy positions affected by it do. What on earth does this mean?

It doesn’t matter if you have faith; it matters about your positions. Fine, you’re a Christian. I’m a Christian,” Cuomo said to Buttigieg, going on to smear the “devout organization” People of Praise. “This is more than just every Sunday. This is more than just a moral backstop in [Barrett’s] life. This is a fundamentalist approach to her faith.”

Although we shouldn’t take too seriously the theological musings of a person who saw nothing wrong with Don Lemon’s outrageous statement that Jesus Christ “was not perfect,” the CNN anchor’s observations here on the role of faith do warrant some reflection.

A True Christian Isn’t an Ordinary One​

What does it mean to be an “ordinary” Catholic — or any “ordinary” Christian, for that matter? How is “faith” different from moral “positions”? Do we agree with Cuomo’s insinuation that Christian faith should be no more than a weekly Sunday commitment, if that, and then back to the “secular world” on Monday?

If so — and no one is immune from sliding into this trap — yes, we might fit with Cuomo’s ideas of “ordinary” Catholics. We’re also being lukewarm Christians, however, a category of believers for whom holy Scripture has some stern warnings.

Read further:
https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/1...tians-your-kind-arent-welcome-in-public-life/

sherrid

The Fredo brothers are known for this behavior. Andrew Cuomo in the past has told conservatives that they are not welcome in NY. So you know they're going to hate Christians.
So Andrew Cuomo thinks he owns NY? LOL! This world belongs to Jesus Christ, our Creator. I'm not so sure, in fact I wouldn't, want to live in a community run by Cuomo, DeBlasio, Bloomberg, or anyone else of their ilk. I do feel for the citizens of New York that are under that kind of tyranny. I live in Virginia and have a democratic Governor who believes in the "science" of masks, social distancing, and vaccines. Thank God, it's not as stringent as NY or California yet. Praying it never does.

Lovin Jesus

Well here comes the part we won't like -- persecution. It's okay. This separates the pretenders from the true followers, and will serve to embolden and purify the true believers. We know Who the Real King is.

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2 Timothy 3:12

Some Christians think they are exempt from persecution because we will not go through the tribulation. That’s not a good mindset to have because if that were so then that doesn’t explain the severe persecution many are going through in places such as N Korea, Muslim countries, China, an so on. Western nations have gotten to believe that somehow we can’t possibly be persecuted but that is not so. It can happen anywhere to anyone. Facing persecution does not mean God has abandoned us nor that he doesn’t care. It’s expected to face such things because Jesus said

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’
John 15:18-25

Again and again the church is warned about sufferings and trials which include persecution so we should always be prepared and not be caught off guard if we are suddenly faced with persecution. Remember Jesus said our enemies may be members of our own household. We need to pray for one another, for our brothers and sisters already suffering persecution right now and for one another everywhere because the time we live in is where anything can happen and we have to be ready for it. But even so, our focus should maintain on Jesus, our redemption, and being on the unsaved who God is still waiting on for repentance and to come to him in Christ Jesus.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you
Matthew 5:11-12

Mr.Hall93

They won't like when they finally do get their vile echo chamber, all these people do is feed on narcissisism and misery. When they don't have us to use as punching bags, they'll turn on each other. I've seen this a million times already. And then, after a lifetime of inflicting grief and misery on themselves and everybody they can reach... They get their reward. I will pray for them because the Lords still small voice is RIGHTFULLY convicting me of my anger against them, but it definitely isn't my first thought lol. I truly wish they could hear Jesus Christ calling to them and accept His complete work He accomplished for us from love, but historically and scripturally speaking it seems unlikely.

Mommasince99

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2 Timothy 3:12

Some Christians think they are exempt from persecution because we will not go through the tribulation. That’s not a good mindset to have because if that were so then that doesn’t explain the severe persecution many are going through in places such as N Korea, Muslim countries, China, an so on. Western nations have gotten to believe that somehow we can’t possibly be persecuted but that is not so. It can happen anywhere to anyone. Facing persecution does not mean God has abandoned us nor that he doesn’t care. It’s expected to face such things because Jesus said

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’
John 15:18-25

Again and again the church is warned about sufferings and trials which include persecution so we should always be prepared and not be caught off guard if we are suddenly faced with persecution. Remember Jesus said our enemies may be members of our own household. We need to pray for one another, for our brothers and sisters already suffering persecution right now and for one another everywhere because the time we live in is where anything can happen and we have to be ready for it. But even so, our focus should maintain on Jesus, our redemption, and being on the unsaved who God is still waiting on for repentance and to come to him in Christ Jesus.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you
Matthew 5:11-12
Exactly! It rains on the just as well as the unjust.

RonJohnSilver

One of the associate pastors at my church moved to NYC about 5 years ago to work, basically, as a missionary. He and his wife are supported by church members of various churches. They live near Columbia University and, so far, have started a church with about 40 members, some who attend Columbia and come to various 'teaching' sessions out of interest or invitation. NYC is a mission field not a lot different from the deepest, darkest part of any continent.

Bethlehem57

So Andrew Cuomo thinks he owns NY? LOL! This world belongs to Jesus Christ, our Creator. I'm not so sure, in fact I wouldn't, want to live in a community run by Cuomo, DeBlasio, Bloomberg, or anyone else of their ilk. I do feel for the citizens of New York that are under that kind of tyranny. I live in Virginia and have a democratic Governor who believes in the "science" of masks, social distancing, and vaccines. Thank God, it's not as stringent as NY or California yet. Praying it never does.
The elite think they own it all! That’s why they hate us and they hate our Lord even more. Just like Jesus told us in John 15:18 -19 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”