China's Xi 'ready' to talk to Zelensky, push for Ukraine-Russia peace

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
China's Xi 'ready' to talk to Zelensky, push for Ukraine-Russia peace
Xi has sought to position China as a potential mediator in the conflict but is seen by the West as favoring Russia.
By REUTERS

China's Xi Jinping expressed willingness to speak to Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, the head of the EU said on Thursday after French President Emmanuel Macron urged Beijing to talk sense to Russia over the war in Ukraine.

In closely watched talks, EU chief Ursula von der Leyen and Macron met with Xi in Beijing. Macron said the West must engage China to help end the crisis and prevent "spiraling" tensions that could split global powers into warring blocs.

Xi, who has sought to position China as a potential mediator in the conflict but is seen by the West as favoring Russia, responded by saying he hoped Moscow and Kyiv could hold peace negotiations as soon as possible.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-738598

depserv

Because of the drain this war is having on America I'd think China would want it to go on forever. But I suppose if China can use it to create an alliance between itself and Russia, while showing that China is the new world leader instead of America by bringing this war to an end, that would be very useful to them. This whole fiasco has been very bad for America in any case, and the seeds planted during this war will be producing some very bad fruit.

This is true of all of the Biden betrayals, but this is one of the big ones.

NewWine2020

Because of the drain this war is having on America I'd think China would want it to go on forever. But I suppose if China can use it to create an alliance between itself and Russia, while showing that China is the new world leader instead of America by bringing this war to an end, that would be very useful to them. This whole fiasco has been very bad for America in any case, and the seeds planted during this war will be producing some very bad fruit.

This is true of all of the Biden betrayals, but this is one of the big ones.

I really hate that our human compassion and pity for the normal Ukrainian people was weaponized against us to garner support for a useless war that has done nothing but help Biden and the industrial military complex launder money and diminish America even further on the world stage.

Zalinsky hiumself is a snake and he was well on his way to becoming a dictator himself; this war is probably the best thing to happen to that man and his people are paying the price.

Released

People forget how corrupt the Ukrainian government has been. It was like that for years, and the citizens there were virtually ignored by the western press- until Putin invaded. These same people were helplessly trapped in a system Zelensky promoted, and now they are being treated as commodities. Again.

It seems as if the Ukrainian government has been waiting for a war like this to get billions in "aid" while filling their pockets and escaping to their beachside villas in southern Europe.

NewWine2020

People forget how corrupt the Ukrainian government has been. It was like that for years, and the citizens there were virtually ignored by the western press- until Putin invaded. These same people were helplessly trapped in a system Zelensky promoted, and now they are being treated as commodities. Again.

It seems as if the Ukrainian government has been waiting for a war like this to get billions in "aid" while filling their pockets and escaping to their beachside villas in southern Europe.
I've seen it for what it is...just another $$$ xfer scam like climate change and covid 19 vaxes.

It will never happen but the best thing that could happen would be for the Russian and Ukranians soldiers to stop fighting each other; about face and storm their own respective capitals, guns blazing to take them back for the actual people of their respective nations.

Putin and zalunsky, heck, politicians everywhere have no power in themselves, it only comes because people allow themselves to be duped by them.

Back