China’s population decline could shake the world - analysis

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
China’s population decline could shake the world - analysis
The demographic long-term crisis in China could lead the ruling party to take more risks.
By SETH J. FRANTZMAN
Published: JANUARY 18, 2023

A report this week said that China’s population declined last year for the first time since a brief decline in the 1960s. The reports on this decline have many seeing a “bleak” future for China and also a “demographic crisis, according to some of the headlines reporting the major shift.

On the one hand, China’s declining birthrate and aging population can be seen as part of a global trend. Many wealthy industrialized countries have low birth rates and many countries are seeing a possible decline in population in the long term. However, China’s changes have more implications for the world than those in Japan, Italy or other countries, because of the huge size of China and the way the world has been seeing China’s rise over the last decades.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-728972

Len

On the one hand, China’s declining birthrate and aging population can be seen as part of a global trend
Kinda think that with China's "understated" Covid deaths might also be a factor as that could be in the multi millions ..... but it will not stop their aggressiveness towards the world, perhaps just increase food supplies within China for the elite

kathymendel

If you think the shrinkage in China's population is going to effect the world, just wait until believers and children under the age of accountability
are removed in the blink of an eye! Then, think about all the death from the seven years of tribulation...........

My stepson is a school teacher who scoffs at Christianity. He lives for the day when he will collect his money from "his" retirement
account. If I read my bible right, and all the children are gone at the rapture, he will have a few years with no children to teach. And,
our politicos will probably abscond with "his" retirement money.

SkyRider

With still a population of approx. 1.3 billion people, I'm pretty sure China could still shake the world if they all did in unison the foot stomp heard in Queen's intro to “We will, we will, WOK you!”

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
With still a population of approx. 1.3 billion people, I'm pretty sure China could still shake the world if they all did in unison the foot stomp heard in Queen's intro to “We will, we will, WOK you!”

I've read that when a million men march in unison to and around the Kaaba at Mecca that the ground literally shakes.

Imagine what 200 times that number marching west will do. No wonder AC hears and is troubled . . . :lol

There is a particular cadence of marching armies that is known, understood, and feared throughout history. That many Soldiers moving on foot, they absolutely have to march in unison, with the same stride length and speed, or someone will trip or step on someone's heel and a bunch of people will get hurt in the resulting pile-up, accordion, domino effect . . . :eek And with the ground shaking and likely bouncing rhythmically as the Army advances, if Soldiers aren't in step, some will end up stepping on air instead of the ground and break and sprain ankles, knees, hips, etc. . . . :eek

Kind of a little double-time :lol

:troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll

Last edited:
Back