China sends more jets; Taiwan says it will fight to the end if there's war

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Taiwan's air force sent up aircraft to intercept and warn the Chinese away, the ministry added.
By REUTERS
APRIL 7, 2021

China sent more fighter jets into Taiwan's air defense zone on Wednesday in a stepped up show of force around the island Beijing claims as its own, and Taiwan's foreign minister said it would fight to the end if China attacks. The democratic self-governed island has complained of repeated military activities by Beijing in recent months, with China's air force making almost daily forays in Taiwan's air defense identification zone. On Monday, China said an aircraft carrier group was exercising close to the island.

Taiwan's Defence Ministry said 15 Chinese aircraft including 12 fighters entered its air defense identification zone, with an anti-submarine aircraft flying to the south through the Bashi Channel between Taiwan and the Philippines. Taiwan's air force sent up aircraft to intercept and warn the Chinese away, the ministry added. Adding to the stepped up military action near Taiwan, the US Navy said the guided missile destroyer USS John S. McCain conducted a "routine" transit of the Taiwan Strait on Wednesday. China's Eastern Theatre Command said it tracked the ship and denounced the United States for "endangering the peace and stability of the Taiwan Strait."

more............... https://www.jpost.com/international...it-will-fight-to-the-end-if-theres-war-664401

NewWine2020

Taiwan's air force sent up aircraft to intercept and warn the Chinese away, the ministry added.
By REUTERS
APRIL 7, 2021

China sent more fighter jets into Taiwan's air defense zone on Wednesday in a stepped up show of force around the island Beijing claims as its own, and Taiwan's foreign minister said it would fight to the end if China attacks. The democratic self-governed island has complained of repeated military activities by Beijing in recent months, with China's air force making almost daily forays in Taiwan's air defense identification zone. On Monday, China said an aircraft carrier group was exercising close to the island.

Taiwan's Defence Ministry said 15 Chinese aircraft including 12 fighters entered its air defense identification zone, with an anti-submarine aircraft flying to the south through the Bashi Channel between Taiwan and the Philippines. Taiwan's air force sent up aircraft to intercept and warn the Chinese away, the ministry added. Adding to the stepped up military action near Taiwan, the US Navy said the guided missile destroyer USS John S. McCain conducted a "routine" transit of the Taiwan Strait on Wednesday. China's Eastern Theatre Command said it tracked the ship and denounced the United States for "endangering the peace and stability of the Taiwan Strait."

more............... https://www.jpost.com/international...it-will-fight-to-the-end-if-theres-war-664401

Taiwan has far more fight in them than the USA does any more. I truly believe they are serious that they would rather fight to the last than be enslaved by China.

China and Taiwan technically never formally ended their conflict; The Chinese Civil War between the Commies and the remnants of the Chinese Nationalists just entered a “hiatus” after the nationalists fled to Taiwan and fortified With the long standing backing of the USA.

They sure won‘t get any help from the “Harris-Xiden admin”....

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
While I don't think it would happen with this administration that we have today, I would hope the USA would use all of it's military arsenal to stop an invasion of Taiwan by China. I'm talking about 30-50 nukes on the most critical military targets with hundreds more at the ready should China be able to retaliate against the USA. That's me wanting us to aid an important Allie should they need us.

Watchin'

While I don't think it would happen with this administration that we have today, I would hope the USA would use all of it's military arsenal to stop an invasion of Taiwan by China. I'm talking about 30-50 nukes on the most critical military targets with hundreds more at the ready should China be able to retaliate against the USA. That's me wanting us to aid an important Allie should they need us.
I would really hope so, but I doubt it too. Friends of mine moved their family to Taiwan several months ago, pray for their and Taiwan's safety!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I would really hope so, but I doubt it too. Friends of mine moved their family to Taiwan several months ago, pray for their and Taiwan's safety!

Taiwan is extremely important to the USA. A lot of high tech is there. They're very good friends. Going all out to save them might save us from China in the end. I think the line has to be drawn with Taiwan on the "do not tread there" side of the line.