Children & The Rapture

Carl

How does the age of accountability that we have in the USA = 21 years old fit in to this discussion? How did we pick the 21 years old. Does anyone know?

katt

How does the age of accountability that we have in the USA = 21 years old fit in to this discussion? How did we pick the 21 years old. Does anyone know?
Who knows, but I believe most Christians believe it's 21 because God made sure everyone over the age of 20 had passed on before he let the Israelites enter Canaan.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I’m really needing your prayers today! Probably post in other topic, but ever notice how the devil works so hard on you when you get closer to the Lord by staying in His Word no matter the circumstances?
Praying for you and your precious daughter.

Sister, it seems like there are so many Christians hurting..so many deep valleys we are walking in. I pray that we all come out, shining like gold. Satan is very hard at work.

Andy C

Who knows, but I believe most Christians believe it's 21 because God made sure everyone over the age of 20 had passed on before he let the Israelites enter Canaan.
I have never heard anyone say its 21, and Pete Garcia is the only I read who thinks its 20.

I believe, but cant base it on scripture, its a much lower age, an age when someone can clearly make the wise or foolish choice.

Endangered

I accepted Jesus at a young age. I don't remember exactly how old I was but I do remember I was still in elementary school. I can vividly remember how I felt and it was wonderful to feel God and Jesus. I was sort of glowing. It was all very real to me and I have never doubted that I am saved.
I was old enough to make the decision myself.
One of my cousins recently died. He was mentally retarded and spent most of his life in institutions.
I believe he will be in heaven because his mental ability was compromised and he was not capable of making the believe in Jesus decision.
At the end of the Millenium, Satan will be released and will make his last stand. I believe those that did not freely chose Jesus will make their choice at the end of the Millemium and that decision will determine where they spend eternity.
That is why I believe the mentally incompetent, those too young to make the Jesus decision, and babes in the womb will be raptured.

Len

my personal thinking is that I tend to lean on the thought that ALL non born again people including children will probably enter the tribulation, not that I want that to be true as I too have children/grandchildren/great grand children ..... but Go did not preserve the children in the flood, nor David's child who was sinless, but as David said he would see that child in heaven ..... all babies and children dying in the tribulation will do likewise and go to God .... but with that said I know our God will do what is right and just, of that I have NO doubts.....

Back