Check out the Stats!! Patton: 1965 'Tangle of Pathology' is a 2012 Reality

Meg

Is it any wonder when men no longer seem to know what it means to be a father and homosexuality is now some kind of "lifestyle choice"? Women have rebelled against the Lord in deciding they no longer "need" a husband and divorce is a norm...

dave-o

Is it any wonder when men no longer seem to know what it means to be a father and homosexuality is now some kind of "lifestyle choice"? Women have rebelled against the Lord in deciding they no longer "need" a husband and divorce is a norm...

Yes indeed and that's pure selfishness. Maybe they don't "need" a husband but those children sure DO need a father!

TV and movies have a profound influence on people and the way they typically portray fathers is either as idiotic, bugling fools or as tyrannical, abusive chauvinists.

Meg

Dave, coming from a woman's point of view, its a lot less about selfishness than it is about distrust. Many, many women and girls have been really hurt by men, especially in areas of sexuality and home life. To be fair to the guys too, a lot of men have been hurt by women too. People don't just need a Savior, they need a Teacher, and they need a church strong enough to model Him and to disciple others... This is why the high rates of divorce and out-of-wedlock births in the church are such a tragedy!

Obie

Meg, right on! And we are paying for all of their sins, literally PAYING! It bums me out to think about it. Our world, and the USA in particular, are actually going to hell the proverbial handbasket. I admit, it feels kind of helpless. Watching it saddens me. I do ALL I can to step in, vote the moral candiate, etc. but still feel like I've made no impact or difference at all.

I just keep reminding myself of what Corrie ten Boom said......"keep looking up and kneeling down!"

livin_in_the_Son

It's also because some men are getting multiple women pregnant, and having a ton of kids to where they can't be proper fathers to any of them. I worked with one man (age 41) who has 12 children by 5 different women. He has to work 3 different jobs to pay child support, and there's no time for him to be any kind of role model except a bad one.

It's not any one gender's fault, but the collective fault of a godless, immoral society, that revels in the filth of self-gratification, and no fear of reprisal. Little girls are taught that sex=love, and boys are taught that sex outside of a marital committment is normal, and that men shouldn't control their urges because it's part of survival of the species.

YeuEmMaiMai

It's also because some men are getting multiple women pregnant, and having a ton of kids to where they can't be proper fathers to any of them. I worked with one man (age 41) who has 12 children by 5 different women. He has to work 3 different jobs to pay child support, and there's no time for him to be any kind of role model except a bad one.

It's not any one gender's fault, but the collective fault of a godless, immoral society, that revels in the filth of self-gratification, and no fear of reprisal. Little girls are taught that sex=love, and boys are taught that sex outside of a marital committment is normal, and that men shouldn't control their urges because it's part of survival of the species.

Spot on, spot on... all one has to do is look at the media of today and it is no wonder our society is so screwed up.......