Chauvin etc Trial Thread (George Floyd)

alisani

I have but I only casually looked online for positions. I never found anything solid and stopped looking.
Help with billing or resolving backstanding claims for clinicians in your area? Or perhaps doing a certification course for medical dictation and transcription? One of my SILs was a nurse and had some health issues after mesh surgery got botched. She transitioned to doing transcription for doctors so she could work from home.

I'll keep praying on that. I really believe there is a right fit for you with this. One that allows you to prioritize your family, because I know you want that and so does God. He'll bring that solution.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Just a thought...have you considered teaching online? Maybe a 101 course for a local high school or university? You could work from home but still have a viable income.

Due to wuhan virus, most of those positions are held by incumbents, temporary work-from-home from the same employer, and the *connected* Available online jobs that pay anything are very few and far between these days.

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

cheeky200386

Help with billing or resolving backstanding claims for clinicians in your area? Or perhaps doing a certification course for medical dictation and transcription? One of my SILs was a nurse and had some health issues after mesh surgery got botched. She transitioned to doing transcription for doctors so she could work from home.

I'll keep praying on that. I really believe there is a right fit for you with this. One that allows you to prioritize your family, because I know you want that and so does God. He'll bring that solution.
I'll keep looking and asking God for make it happen should it be his will.

alisani

Due to wuhan virus, most of those positions are held by incumbents, temporary work-from-home from the same employer, and the *connected* Available online jobs that pay anything are very few and far between these days.

:cry

Not here. There are tons of openings because there were so many unfilled positions to begin with and our local universities can offer a more varied course load and pay less for the services by guest lecturers willing to provide online instruction vs. in person learning. :)

Also, some public schools are so understaffed that they will provide established syllabi to people, as long as they have a degree, and allow them to teach. Example: I have a friend with a degree in counseling who is working from home teaching earth science.

Ghoti Ichthus

Not here. There are tons of openings because there were so many unfilled positions to begin with and our local universities can offer a more varied course load and pay less for the services by guest lecturers willing to provide online instruction vs. in person learning. :)

Also, some public schools are so understaffed that they will provide established syllabi to people, as long as they have a degree, and allow them to teach. Example: I have a friend with a degree in counseling who is working from home teaching earth science.

Adjunct professors always seem to get the short end of the stick. Treated as second class, but their classes are often superior because they're not playing politics for tenure, research grants, etc.

alisani

Adjunct professors always seem to get the short end of the stick. Treated as second class, but their classes are often superior because they're not playing politics for tenure, research grants, etc.
Agree in general but sometimes not. Academia tends to be rife with professional jealousy and such, yes. On the flip side I've also seen adjuncts and GLs dialing it in, especially with online classes. It's still worth exploration, especially for middle school and high school AP courses. Also, there are homeschool groups with the means to pay good tutor rates in specialized classes like art and higher math, classes that students may need or want but that the average parent feels less capable in providing personal instruction in. And due to covid, schools and homeschool associations are more willing to look beyond local pools for potential instructors.

Ghoti Ichthus

Agree in general but sometimes not. Academia tends to be rife with professional jealousy and such, yes. On the flip side I've also seen adjuncts and GLs dialing it in, especially with online classes. It's still worth exploration, especially for middle school and high school AP courses. Also, there are homeschool groups with the means to pay good tutor rates in specialized classes like art and higher math, classes that students may need or want but that the average parent feels less capable in providing personal instruction in. And due to covid, schools and homeschool associations are more willing to look beyond local pools for potential instructors.
:hmmm

[dusts off calculus, etc. textbooks . . . ]

:thankyou for the idea :smile

alisani

:hmmm

[dusts off calculus, etc. textbooks . . . ]

:thankyou for the idea :smile
Do it! You've got a strong work ethic, you're intelligent, organized and a quick learner, and, from what I've observed your intelligence spans multiple bands of the spectrum; creative and analytical. You're emotionally mature and a Christian. So you have a skill set and a life/work experience that would make you a highly viable candidate. And I don't say that just to say that. Blowing smoke does no favors, it's harmful in fact. If I were hiring, I'd look at your resume for sure.

alisani

This mans tatics will never end
One day they will. This is a only a second, a day perhaps in the scope of eternity. We are blessed by the grace of God to escape the fowler's snare. And the Word of God is FILLED with the promises of security and peace and justice for those who belong to Him. It is a struggle to see what this evil day holds, so we pray.

Father God, you have raised us up to witness such times as these. Strengthen the works of our hands and hearts so that we go about following your agenda, which is not only to witness such times, but to be an entire body of witnesses which testify to your truth and your glory. Strengthen our minds so that we can be about Your business, free of fear of satan's agenda. Give us endurance and faith and a willingness to stand in these evil days. That ability to stand is promised in Your word. Your grace is sufficient to make this possible. Renew in each of us this day a steadfast spirit. Break our hearts for the lost because Your word promises that a broken and contrite heart you will not despise. Equip each of us to to withstand satan's darts and help us to encourage one other. To You belong all glory and honor and we raise a banner of thanksgiving to you this day and we rejoice to suffer for Your sake if it be your will. We trust You, as Job did, with every aspect of our lives and circumstances, even when we are uncertain about just what You, in your perfect plans, may require of us. Purify our motives so that we may run our race with the sure knowledge of your approval to be gained. Let us not forget or ignore our brethren when they stumble, but come beside them instead. Protect this forum and its people from the evils of division and disharmony. Be the guard that goes before us and comes after. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

This Trial Was A Disgrace​

I don’t pretend to know if Derek Chauvin is guilty in the objective sense – Judge Mom, a conservative who sent a lot of people to jail as a prosecutor before doing it from the bench, made a convincing argument to me for a murder conviction soon after the incident – but I do know one thing. This trial was a travesty, a kangaroo court, and as a country, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

This is not to argue whether he is innocent or guilty. I don’t know. There were arguments both ways, and compelling evidence for both points of view. There was powerful evidence for his guilt. Say what you want about that videotape, but it’s solid evidence. And there was powerful evidence for his innocence – George Floyd was clearly in mid-overdose and, after all, fentanyl does have the side effect of killing you. That’s solid evidence too. This was no slam-dunk. A fair trial required careful thought and sober deliberations. And it required a process where neutral citizens could act as jurors to sort it out try to find the truth based on the evidence and the law, and only that. It required a process free of fear and intimidation. But let’s not pretend we got that here.

From the beginning, we had politicians, media hacks, cultural poohbahs, and Twitter twerps demanding a pound of flesh. This was not outrage over a perceived crime – it was a mob interested in scoring points. A literal mob. People burned down the town where it happened. And a lot of other towns.

So, in an environment of violent chaos, did our glorious establishment stand up to defend the justice system by doubling down on the due process protections every accused is entitled to?

Of course, it did because courage in the face of controversy is the hallmark of our magnificent elite. They are our betters and worthy inheritors of the greatest nation in human history.

I’ll give you a second to stop laughing.

No, instead our elite tossed out the most basic component of our justice system, the idea of due process and a fair trial because to not do so would have led to evil and dumb people calling them “racists” and they couldn’t handle that heat. They folded, joining in the chorus demanding blood – something very different than demanding justice.

A fair trial? What a joke. At every point, they stacked the deck. “Due process is apparently a luxury we can’t afford because BLM will get mad,” went the elite’s gutless reasoning. In fact, like free speech and freedom of religion, the right to a fair trial and due process matters most when defending that right is hard.

When you have to hear words you hate.

When someone rejects your faith (including pagan faiths like the global warming cult) in favor of his own.

When someone you don’t like is on trial.

That’s the thing about rights – the people you like never have to demand their rights, only the people you don’t.

What happened here? Well, they piled appellate issue on the appellate issue in a towering pile of errors that would, by all rights, lead a real court of appeals to toss this case back for a retrial.

The judge refused to change the venue. He made the case be tried in a city whose inhabitants set it aflame. Seems legit.

The judge refused to sequester the jury, making them pinkie swear to ignore the Class 5 hurricane of media attention. That’ll work.

The city council decided to settle the wrongful death case right during the trial. What a coinkydink.

Minneapolis’s goofy mayor demanded a conviction. Great.

Minnesota’s governor did too. Awesome

The loathsome Maxine Waters – as part of the Army, I had to help clean up the mess she made in 1992 in LA with her “No justice, no peace” incitement – decided to encourage violence if her preferred verdict didn’t come down. Spectacular.

The leftist scumbags did their part, splashing pig’s blood on the house of someone they thought had been a defense witness for the crime of giving testimony the mob disliked. Nothing to see here.

And the media did its part, ensuring that the jurors knew they’d be doxed if they got it “wrong” (and praised if they got it “right”). Oh, the media didn’t say it expressly – but the media still made it clear. Do you have any doubt our brave journalists would hesitate to hassle a juror for wrongverdicting? Democracy dies in darkness or something.

Oh, and the media also cheerled the prosecution throughout. Of special note is the genius “legal analyst” – Pro Tip: If the legal analyst is not Harmeet Dillon, Ron Coleman, or me, he/she/xe is probably going to be terrible – who inexplicably chose to say, on purpose, this: “Defense begins the closing by defining reasonable doubt, not with why #DerekChauvin is innocent. Think about that. #DerekChauvinTrial #GeorgeFloyd”

Only an idiot would think about that. I am not going to insult your intelligence by explaining why that’s appalling. She apparently once worked at the Department of Justice, which does explain a lot.

Piled together, this was a towering heap of due process violations that made this trial a farce. Not because of the evidence, but because the establishment decided to tamper with the jury. No, no one overtly told the jurors how they had to vote, but did anyone need to? Do you imagine anyone on that jury was unaware of what was in store for them if they determined the evidence defined the narrative and acquitted?

No, you don’t. But don’t look to any appellate court to have the guts to do the right thing and send it back for a fair trial. Sadly, the smart money is on the jurists getting the message too.

The message was crystal clear, just as it was meant to be. And the jury came through – maybe. Maybe the jury really was convinced by the evidence and thought he was guilty. But maybe it didn’t. Maybe it was scared. And that possibility is unacceptable in a civilized and free society.

Yet, our elite will not just accept it. Our elite will celebrate it.

And that’s a disgrace.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/04/22/this-trial-was-a-disgrace-n2588288

TimeWarpWife

There is a fox news item that blm folks were heckling outdoor diners in NYC, cursing them to get out and that "white-owned" businesses weren't welcome. :(

I understand the satanic purpose in using demographics to divide and destroy. But why such a demonization of white folks? How are we suddenly and solely responsible for all the world's ills?

ETA: This took place AFTER the verdict was announced too.

It's all about an insane, wicked agenda. Just as the Nazis convinced most Germans that the Jews were to blame for all the world's ills in the 1930s, now the Demonrats are doing the same thing here in the U.S. blaming whites for all the world's ills. Honestly, because the great majority of the Demonrats are rich old white men, it makes no sense that BLM, Antifa, the Woke, et al, are still behind and supporting them. Especially after all the racist comments Beijing Biden is on public record having made over the last 50 years. :doh Obviously, all of them, BLM, Antifa, the Woke, the Demonrats, have been blinded by the devil and are believing his lies because the truth is out there for everyone to watch and see all over the internet, but they choose not to do so.

cheeky200386

This happens nationwide after every major, high profile incident. Many retired or quit after Michael Brown (Ferguson), etc. Many quit after George Floyd last summer. It's likely some will quit after today's verdict. If qualified immunity is canceled, many will likely quit then. For some, it won't be over the issue of qualified immunity, itself, but over the likely unaffordability of (likely mandated) professional insurance.

Please pray for the community, peace, and healing. So far, candles, prayers, The Gospel, street preaching, tears, hugs, singing, talking, dancing, exciteability, lots and lots of people out

I just spoke to my husband and he corrected me saying they only passed a reform bill on using force. They are still trying to pass a bill to remove qualified immunity in MA. I hope it does not pass.

Ghoti Ichthus

I just spoke to my husband and he corrected me saying they only passed a reform bill on using force. They are still trying to pass a bill to remove qualified immunity in MA. I hope it does not pass.

Massachusetts (MA) November 2020 law, qualified immunity not eliminated
https://www.masslive.com/politics/2...fication-system-limits-no-knock-warrants.html

Maryland (MD), qualified immunity will be gone on whatever the effective date of the April 2021 law (State legislature overrode Governor's veto
Maryland thread https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...officer-bill-of-rights.178281/#post-843438772

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Derek Chauvin’s Sentencing Date Set For June 16​

"MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The sentencing date for Derek Chauvin has been set for June 16, following the former Minneapolis police officer’s conviction on three counts in the murder of George Floyd.
The sentencing will happen at 1:30 p.m. that day.
The former Minneapolis police officer is guilty of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. Chauvin will stay locked up until his sentencing date.
Judge Peter Cahill will decide if an upward sentencing departure applies to this case. Based on minimum sentencing guidelines, Chauvin will get at least 12 and a half years in prison, but it could be much longer."
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/04/23/derek-chauvins-sentencing-date-set-for-june-16/

Back