Chauvin etc Trial Thread (George Floyd)

lismore

Now take a break, and go get something to eat. May I recommend a hamburger?

Good recommendation. Seasame bun, some lettuce, tomato ketchup, a slice of tomato, a few chips (or as you call them fries) on the side. Lovely :)

On the subject of the trial, is sad, I think Mr Chauvin will have a very hard time if he goes to jail. Police officers have a dreadful task these days.

usnuzuloose

Even with the bible saying end times would be 'good is evil and evil is good' I still am shocked at seeing what we're living in today. Guess I didn't think it through good enough!! :confused:

think August.
We are living in the last days. And so much is going on in the world. But as the talks about it, we are seeing it unfolding.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Reference qualified immunity, an officer's actions must conform to department policy and all applicable laws/statues and the Constitution, for this protection to be accorded.

Some places have been considering requiring officers carry insurance, much like doctors carry medical malpractice insurance. This may happen if States eliminate qualified immunity, especially if upheld by SCOTUS. It's going to be expensive. Some departments may start paying premiums for said coverage as a benefit to attract good officers, just as some hospitals pay malpractice premiums as a benefit to attract good doctors..

Union membership with legal representation, such as provided by Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), has been very important to officers for a very long time. FOP doesn't just handle things that happen on the street, but also all the *usual* employment law, etc. that comes up in workplaces.

Legal representation for incidents like Derek Chauvin/George Floyd can end up costing 7 figures. I don't know many officers that can afford that, so membership in FOP or another union with legal representation, or having another legal plan is essential.

Please pray for the community, peace, and healing.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
More police officers will be exiting the force. Sad precident.

This happens nationwide after every major, high profile incident. Many retired or quit after Michael Brown (Ferguson), etc. Many quit after George Floyd last summer. It's likely some will quit after today's verdict. If qualified immunity is canceled, many will likely quit then. For some, it won't be over the issue of qualified immunity, itself, but over the likely unaffordability of (likely mandated) professional insurance.

Please pray for the community, peace, and healing. So far, candles, prayers, The Gospel, street preaching, tears, hugs, singing, talking, dancing, exciteability, lots and lots of people out

:pray :pray :amen :amen

My son is a police officer in New Orleans. If the changes in the law Nancy plans remove limited liability protection from police, he will consider leaving the Department.
Having said that, I agree that Chauvin acted unprofessionally which could have been a significant factor in Floyd's death. He also failed to attempt to resuscitate Floyd when he stopped breathing.
The problem here is the way the mob, as well as inappropriate branches of government, joined to allow massive nationwide crimes before trial. The press, together with Marxist agitators, pushed a phony narrative that stretched all the way back to our Founding Fathers.
Remember OJ Simpson's murder trial? I think it is obvious to everyone that the verdict was wrong. Did we see mobs and riots before the trial? How about when the verdict was announced? The judge did a sorry job and did not allow evidence to be presented that would have altered the jurors' vote, according to the jurors themselves. How many businesses were burned to the ground? Assaults on police? Correct me if my memory has failed.
We on this site are going to pray for EVERYONE INVOLVED. We are going to do it privately, not on TV, and not for political advantage. I am SICK AND TIRED of the famous promising to pray if they don't intend to do the actual work that real prayer involves.
I'm strongly advising mine to leave, leave now, get ahead of the curve because it won't get better. He has said he is done when they change the liability law. And it's a when, not if.

The left is already showing their playbook, I saw they are saying "it's not enough". Nothing can ever satisfy these people because it's not about social justice, it's about political power.

Darker days ahead for law enforcement.

J2

We knew cities would burn regardless of the verdict. Shortly after the verdict was read, Seattle Antifa circulated a DISGUSTING online flyer (the image is horrific) announcing their planned destruction tonight.
“ All cops are Chauevn. No peace. No police. No streamers. JUST RAGE”
Praying for all the police (especially our dear friend Chris) tonight and the weeks to follow. Antifa just wants chaos and destruction, no matter what. (There is a group of us that have been covering Antifas moves live to feed to outlets and document since last June...I know this groups motives and behavior patterns well unfortunately)
*Edited for a spelling error. I’m the worlds worst communicator text style on my phone*

Last edited:

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
We knew cities would burn regardless of the verdict. Shortly after the verdict was read, Seattle Antifa circulated a DISGUSTING online flyer (the image is horrific) announcing their planned destruction tonight.
“ All cops are Chauevn. No peace. No police. No streamers. JUST RAGE”
Praying for all the police (especially our dear friend Chris) tonight and the weeks to follow. Antifa just wants chaos and destruction, no matter what. (There is a group of us that have been covering Antifa live to feed to outlets and document since last June...I know this groups motives and behavior patterns.
(Edited for a spelling error. I’m the worlds worst communicator text style on my phone)
I guess the verdict took the wind out of Antifa's sails. I can't imagine the scenario if he was found 'not guilty'.

Back