Chauvin etc Trial Thread (George Floyd)

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Jury selection starts today in the trial of former Police Officer Chauvin in the death of George Floyd. Questionnaire for potential jurors was 16 pages long.
The trial will be live-streamed due to wuhan virus and also for people all over the world to see what is going on. First time in Minnesota for a criminal trial to be video broadcast.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/03/07/key-players-in-the-derek-chauvin-trial/
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...h-derek-chauvins-force-will-be-keys-at-trial/
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...n-derek-chauvin-trial-will-be-herculean-task/

Third Degree Murder charge may be put back into list of charges IAW Court of Appeals ruling. Further appeal(s) may delay jury selection.
https://www.13newsnow.com/article/n...floyd/89-f2ccf14f-713f-4039-9249-bba2649fbc7c

Peaceful protests, demonstrations, prayer vigils/services, community activities, food handouts to needy, etc. have been ongoing. Community is hopeful that they will remain peaceful and positive.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...rotesters-march-through-downtown-minneapolis/

Public safety says they're ready.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...eyre-fully-prepared-for-derek-chauvins-trial/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

DWB

I hate what the community is going to go thru. Similar to the Michael Brown case I think the officer will be aquitted. Between the original autopsy and drug impairment, also the officer may have followed training when dealing with suspects believed to be high on drugs. This won't end well either way.

Ghoti Ichthus

Thousands and thousands and thousands of us are praying (to the God of the Bible) for peace, justice, and positive change. With God, anything is possible. People from all over the Twin Cities have been working together in very positive ways. In some ways, this incident has brought the community closer together and strengthened it. God has used it to bring many, many to Christ at the memorials, vigils, prayer services, demonstrations, food and clothing drives, clean-up, etc.

I was law enforcement in the St. Louis metro area before, during, and after Michael Brown.
I am now living in the Twin Cities.

There are significant differences and nuances.

Not to say there haven't been *issues* and there can't be *issues* during and after the trial. But we are hoping and praying and remaining positive in outlook. Negativity seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy these days, so people here are trying to avoid it. This can be hard, especially because of wuhan virus, but with the nicer weather now and more people out and interacting with each other pretty normally, we're optimistic.

Judge Cahill ordering live video broadcast of the trial is likely going to help immensely because we can all see and hear what's really going on.

Ghoti Ichthus

Jury selection delayed at least a day.
https://www.startribune.com/derek-c...ected-to-begin-tuesday-unless-appe/600031714/
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/vide...-trial-jury-selection-delayed-at-least-a-day/

Tonight's been peaceful. Thousands of people out praying, preaching, singing, playing musical instruments, reading Scripture, talking to each other, candle light vigils, sit-ins, demonstrations, marches/walks, carrying signs, and churches and other groups handing out food, water, hygiene items, clothing, etc.

:dance2 The Holy Ghost is hard at work here in this place in this time :dance2

Praying it stays/continues this way.

antitox

Hannity was talking about this yesterday on his radio broadcast. I hope that justice is done in spite of the mob just wanting him lynched. Sean described what drugs the coroner verified was in his system at that time, so I would think that's not going to let Chauvin be unjustly judged, provided his lawyers point everything out. Nevertheless I see people rioting because they are filled with hate as has been thus far.

Ghoti Ichthus

Hannity was talking about this yesterday on his radio broadcast. I hope that justice is done in spite of the mob just wanting him lynched. Sean described what drugs the coroner verified was in his system at that time, so I would think that's not going to let Chauvin be unjustly judged, provided his lawyers point everything out. Nevertheless I see people rioting because they are filled with hate as has been thus far.

So far, peaceful and lots of positive community involvement. I think live-streaming/broadcasting the trial/proceedings is helping, but really, the churches and people loving/serving one another.

Ghoti Ichthus

Last edited:

Moses06

:pray Praying cooler heads prevail during this trial. I would hate to see Minneapolis erupt in destructive riots again. :pray

We all know lefties don't need a reason to riot, they also couldn't care less about objective truth. The Trayvon Martin incident comes to mind, where every bit of evidence supported George Zimmerman's claim, yet to this day they believe Trayvon was "murdered".

depserv

The defense could present overwhelming evidence of innocence and leave no doubt that the officer did not act inappropriately, and the verdict could still be guilty. I'm not saying the officer is innocent; I'm saying I think there is a high probability he will be found guilty, even if he is innocent and there is overwhelming evidence proving it. This is because any jury has to be terrified of handing down a not guilty verdict. Better this one man be sacrificed to the liberal gods than for others to be killed in the riots that would follow. And the names and addresses of the jurors would likely be made known too, so they have to worry about their own safety.

The only way there could be a fair trial is if they could get a change of venue to somewhere like a little village in Siberia that has no television, internet, or phone service. And even that village might end up seeing a few busses come in filled with professional rioters if it handed down the wrong verdict.

I'd say there are probably quite a few liberals hoping for an excuse to riot and loot. The shoes they got at the last riot are probably worn out by now and they've drank all the booze they stole and watched all the videos. So it's time to go shopping again. Get the busses ready. A not guilty verdict would give them this excuse, but if the verdict is guilty, something else will come along soon enough. If you look hard enough to find something to be outraged about, you'll find it soon enough.

These things were bad enough when a loyal American was in control of at least part of the federal government. Now that communists control all three branches of the federal government, along with the local government, there is no entity left that will do anything to protect the good people. But there is plenty of will in the new government to stop the good people from protecting themselves.

It'll be interesting to see how the Biden/Schumer/Pelosi regime responds to a riot, or more likely a cluster of riots. My guess is they'll do what they do with everything that comes up: see how they can use it to promote the communist agenda. I'd say maybe a new stimulus package throwing another trillion dollars to liberal cities to prop them up, and maybe another trillion for "reparations for slavery" (the first in a long series of such payments, or did you think this would only be done one time?), and of course a massive expansion of racist, communist indoctrination in the government schools and the military; maybe even force it into the workplace.

NewWine2020

We all know lefties don't need a reason to riot, they also couldn't care less about objective truth. The Trayvon Martin incident comes to mind, where every bit of evidence supported George Zimmerman's claim, yet to this day they believe Trayvon was "murdered".

The willfully blind will certainty not allow the facts to negate their feelz. They already have the verdict they want in mind and nothing will dissuade them. Even if they do sacrifice the “one to save the many” the common hood rats, the BLM supporters and Antifa will still find a convenient reason to “go shopping with the Progressive 100% off discount.”

I would so love to be wrong about it. But I‘m not.

Ghoti Ichthus

Jurors 4 and 5 seated.

"The Minnesota Supreme Court has denied Derek Chauvin’s appeal for further review of the third-degree murder charge originally filed against him — placing the decision on reinstatement in the hands of Judge Peter Cahill"

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/03/10/derek-chauvin-trial-day-3-jury-selection-continues/

Still hundreds and hundreds out.

Don't know if the thunderstorms have been discouraging people from coming out, or if sleep or work takes precedence until the weekend.

:dance2 Another peaceful night so far :smile More answered prayers :dance2

:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

Last edited:

Thykingdomcome

Jurors 4 and 5 seated.

"The Minnesota Supreme Court has denied Derek Chauvin’s appeal for further review of the third-degree murder charge originally filed against him — placing the decision on reinstatement in the hands of Judge Peter Cahill"

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/03/10/derek-chauvin-trial-day-3-jury-selection-continues/

Still hundreds and hundreds out.

Don't know if the thunderstorms have been discouraging people from coming out, or if sleep or work takes precedence until the weekend.

:dance2 Another peaceful night so far :smile More answered prayers :dance2

So thankful for peaceful nights! The storms were crazy though, 4 tornado warnings to the south and large hail in the area. Made our Costco trip the quickest one on record!

Ghoti Ichthus

Let's not forget Floyd had a lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system. He would have died from the Fentanyl very soon after the incident. This fact WILL be ignored by the media.

It's been reported multiple times on the various local stations here reference George Floyd. One of the stories awhile back had an extensive section about pharmacological action, dosages, mixing of various drugs, etc. Also discussion of how George Floyd's actions would impact charges and prosecution. Both last summer and recently. Also information about police training, relationship between department policies, law, and Constitution. And illicit drug trade/effects. Etc., etc., etc.

Prince overdosing on fentanyl is still pretty raw with a lot of people here. At least three of the local stations had pieces about fentanyl then, too, so the reporting isn't something new or special with George Floyd.

Ghoti Ichthus

Juror 6 seated. 3rd Degree Murder added to list of charges. In Minnesota, charges have to be listed separately, instead of using the "lesser-included-charge" model used in some other states. The brief definition of 3rd Degree Murder in the news story is abbreviated and doesn't convey the full legal meaning/elements of proof, so I added it after the news link.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...-judge-adds-murder-charge-6th-juror-selected/

Minnesota Statute 609.195 Murder In The Third Degree
(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

:dance2 Another peaceful night :smile More answered prayers :dance2

Please pray extra because it's Friday and the weekend, so more people will (probably) be out.

Back