Chauvin etc Trial Thread (George Floyd)

antitox

The only count they would be able to convict him for is manslaughter. But no, they also got him on two counts of murder which is absolutely ludicrous.

There was no murder.

This was SO WRONG on its head that injustice was through the roof..

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Tou Thao gets 57-month sentence on state charge for his role in George Floyd's killing
August 7, 2023 / 7:19 AM / CBS/AP

"MINNEAPOLIS -- Tou Thao, the last former Minneapolis police officer convicted in state court for his role in the killing of George Floyd, was sentenced Monday to four years and nine months - even as he denied wrongdoing.
Thao had testified he merely served as a "human traffic cone" when he held back concerned bystanders who gathered as former Officer Derek Chauvin, who is white, knelt on Floyd's neck for 9 1/2 minutes while the Black man pleaded for his life on May 25, 2020.

At the sentencing hearing, Thao spent 20 minutes telling the court about rediscovering Christianity during his 340 days behind bars. He said he was "distressed" by Floyd's death, but denied any role in it.
I did not commit these crimes," Thao said. "My conscience is clear. I will not be a Judas nor join a mob in self-preservation or betray my God."
Judge Peter Cahill was not impressed.
"After three years of reflection, I was hoping for a little more remorse, regret, acknowledgment of some responsibility, and less preaching," Cahill said.
He sentenced Thao to 57 months in prison -- nearly five years -- even more than the prosecutors asked for.
"I think your culpability is less than Mr. Chauvin, but well above Mr. Kueng and Mr. Lane as an experienced, senior officer who was in the best position to save George Floyd," Cahill said.
Thao's attorney, Robert Paule, said afterward that they will appeal."

More
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/tou-thao-state-sentencing-57-months-george-floyd-killing/

Please continue to pray for peace.

:pray :pray :amen :amen :thankyou :thankyou

Back