Chatty Hubby

ExultingInHim

Anyone here also have a hubs who seldom stops talking? Mine talks to the tv, how the show should be different, talks to the pets, tells me how many cop cars whizzed by, how many birds he just saw, what the temperature is inside & out ...... it's never ending. And we're retired, so it's 24/7.
I really need a she-shed!

Teresa66

My husband definitely has his talkative moments too. He has full conversations with our dog every day. I should have known what I was in for because we met online and he would type so much that I could get up and make a sandwich and him not know it. :lolsign

ExultingInHim

My husband definitely has his talkative moments too. He has full conversations with our dog every day. I should have known what I was in for because we met online and he would type so much that I could get up and make a sandwich and him not know it. :lolsign
Oh yeah, except for computer, our convos were on the phone every night & I sometimes DID lay down the phone & do something else.

athenasius

Sisters -a gentle reminder that there are widows on this forum who would love to hear their husband's voice again. I almost lost mine recently but by the Grace of God he is alive and well. We need to uphold our husbands and remember that we all have our little habits and foibles that are annoying but that in love we don't make our spouses an object of ridicule.

I hope this doesn't feel like a harsh criticism, it isn't meant that way. I struggle at times to keep silent and not complain as we all do.

What really struck me some years back and stopped me was the way that commercials on TV ridicule men, and the way that the feminist lobby portrays them as buffoons who get in our way. Our culture is so set up to make jokes about men, to make them look stupid from sit coms to the barbed comments that get laughs on the comedy shows, to the commercials making fun of the idiot man who can't clean up after himself. It's very anti male. Men are equally in need of God's redemption, and fellow heirs of Salvation and should be treated with the respect we ourselves want.

There are many who view our conduct here on line, and will do so after the Rapture. Let it lead them to Christ.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Sisters -a gentle reminder that there are widows on this forum who would love to hear their husband's voice again. I almost lost mine recently but by the Grace of God he is alive and well. We need to uphold our husbands and remember that we all have our little habits and foibles that are annoying but that in love we don't make our spouses an object of ridicule.

I hope this doesn't feel like a harsh criticism, it isn't meant that way. I struggle at times to keep silent and not complain as we all do.

What really struck me some years back and stopped me was the way that commercials on TV ridicule men, and the way that the feminist lobby portrays them as buffoons who get in our way. Our culture is so set up to make jokes about men, to make them look stupid from sit coms to the barbed comments that get laughs on the comedy shows, to the commercials making fun of the idiot man who can't clean up after himself. It's very anti male. Men are equally in need of God's redemption, and fellow heirs of Salvation and should be treated with the respect we ourselves want.

There are many who view our conduct here on line, and will do so after the Rapture. Let it lead them to Christ.
Excellent reminder :)

kathymendel

My husband was a sweetie, and entered into conversation, but never hogged it. He truly enjoyed listening to what others had to say more than talking himself. However, we did have a couple of friends and family members who, when in a group of people, just talked and talked and talked some more............never letting anyone else get a word in edge-wise. It was so annoying and rude!! One time we had a dinner party and the one guy just wouldn't shut up...........finally, a couple of the other guys just got up from the table and moved into the living room to get away from him. Do you think he even noticed??? NAH. I don't know what causes certain people to be that way. Now that hubby is gone, I have gotten a bit more bold in my thinking and opinions. If put in that situation again now........ I would probably intervene by sweetly saying, "we understand where you are coming from, and now it's time to let someone else speak for a while". I'm sure the person would not like me much, but everyone else involved would LOVE me!!! (tee-hee)

ExultingInHim

Gracefully expressed and accepted. Sometimes my humor may not come across as that in print. Hopefully I haven't caused anyone pain by my "complaint" on my chatterer. I've always heard how women talk way more than guys, so I'm always surprised that he and I are in reverse! :)

athenasius

I hope I didn't cause any hurt or pain in my comment. I STRONGLY suspect I might just still be hyper sensitive to nearly losing my George, the one laughing over my shoulder in the pic of him and me. A lot of things get suddenly prioritized in those moments, and I'm so thankful to God, but also still gasping a little to catch up to the fact he didn't die, it wasn't a cancerous brain tumour, and the kind it is responds to a drug, and usually doesn't need brain surgery.

Kem

Citizen
We need to uphold our husbands and remember that we all have our little habits and foibles that are annoying but that in love we don't make our spouses an object of ridicule.

An excellent reminder that we all need from time to time. It is easy to complain even if just in our minds but reminding ourselves of the good things really does help. Love to you Margery!

ItsNotAboutTheDonkey

It can be tough when we are out of sync with our partner in terms of our need for verbal interaction. My beloved was the silent type. I'm a chatterer.

My natural chattering was exacerbated by having children in three different decades. Babies love their mom's voice and I learned that as long as I was talking they felt secure. So I would talk about every little thing - "Mommy's doing the dishes. Here's a plate. Ah, all scrubbed...." Very hard habit to break.

He would often tune me out (probably out of self-preservation). We developed some skills over time. I would stop and touch him and say "I'm actually talking to you right now, not just babbling." I don't know if you and your husband can honestly talk about his habit and work out a way that he can chatter without you thinking you need to listen. :D

Kerbluey

My husband isn’t chatty most of the time, but my mom sure is! She talks to her cats and herself and anyone who’ll pretend to listen! Until she starts winding down mid afternoon which is when I start waking up fully.

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
My husband can be quite chatty sometimes, and sometimes very quiet. But he’s very kind and gentle about what he says. Me on the other hand, I talk and talk and talk, lol! And I laugh really loud. And I’m always like, “Let’s talk! What do you think of this or that...and blah blah blah.” And I like to sing around the house all the time. I make up songs for the pets. Each pet has their own special songs too. I will sometimes call up my mom and siblings and sing to them, and sometimes they join in.
Silly I know :ahaha

Kerbluey

My husband can be quite chatty sometimes, and sometimes very quiet. But he’s very kind and gentle about what he says. Me on the other hand, I talk and talk and talk, lol! And I laugh really loud. And I’m always like, “Let’s talk! What do you think of this or that...and blah blah blah.” And I like to sing around the house all the time. I make up songs for the pets. Each pet has their own special songs too. I will sometimes call up my mom and siblings and sing to them, and sometimes they join in.
Silly I know :ahaha

I hum and whistle. Off key. My husband calls me Curly (the three stooges).