Charles Stanley?

dixie_chick

Hi all...I know this info is probably somewhere on the board but I did do a search for it and can't find it. I don't have a church right now so I'm looking for some good bible teachers I can listen to on YouTube and I wondered about Stanley. It's so hard to find good teachers anymore. Is he ok or no? Thanks!

Micki

MARANATHA!!
I like Charles Stanley. Stay away from his son Andy. I also like Dr. James Scudder of Victory in Grace Ministries.

JIMMY

Hi all...I know this info is probably somewhere on the board but I did do a search for it and can't find it. I don't have a church right now so I'm looking for some good bible teachers I can listen to on YouTube and I wondered about Stanley. It's so hard to find good teachers anymore. Is he ok or no? Thanks!

I'm interested too in what others here think of him. I watch him sometimes and agree with him,at least most of the time. I like his speaking style and just the way he teaches or preaches

Lynn

Longing for Home
We have listened to Charles Stanley radio sermons off and on for about 30 years. His specialty seems to be comforting people who are going through affliction of one kind or another. Michael Youssef is another good radio preacher. It's best not to listen to just one though, because all men are fallen creatures, and none of us get it right every time. For online listening, I visit the web site of Sugarland Bible Church, a solid, Bible-focused teaching by Dr. Andy Woods. Can't recommend it highly enough. :thumbup SLBC Audio Sermons

Almost Heaven

I am without a home church as well-I just could not find a church that preached and taught the Bible. Most of the Churches I visited would teach on self-help,like finances and relationships. Dr. Stanley is one of the few broadcast preachers I still listen to.

dixie_chick

I left the last church I attended for a couple of reasons not the least of which was they are always carrying on about how financially strapped they were but managed to find money to co sponsor a Benny hinn crusade here in this area.

I thought Stanley was okay but just checking...one never knows anymore. Another one I wondered about was David Jeremiah if anyone knows anything about him.....

Lynn

Longing for Home
David Jeremiah is good, too, but again, don't just listen only to him or any 'one' of these guys. They each have their good points, and all of them preach a true gospel message, but on occasion they each will stray into an area such as financial Armageddon, (D. Jeremiah) felt needs (C. Stanley), etc, but for the most part, I think they're pretty solid. Perhaps others can chime in here with their perspectives as well.

acceptedinthebeloved

I've read that Charles Stanley holds to "one naturism" (doesn't mean I'd necessarily avoid him altogether, just be aware and be discerning when listening to him. JMHO) Can't remember the source or any quotes at the moment, sorry.

UCT

I've read that Charles Stanley holds to "one naturism" (doesn't mean I'd necessarily avoid him altogether, just be aware and be discerning when listening to him. JMHO) Can't remember the source or any quotes at the moment, sorry.

Charles Stanley teaches Lordship Salvation. You can do a Google search (I just did) and read the critique of his works. He is very adamant about this. It isn't to say you cannot be blessed, or learn, from his radio program. Personally, I enjoy his program, I just realize we do not see eye to eye on everything. There are MANY preachers who have great sermons available, yet they do not believe 100% as we do. One of my all time favorites is Dr. Vernon McGhee. I never tire of listening to his sermons, even though he is no longer with us. Even some of the best speakers have made mistakes in their teachings. Dr. Adrian Rogers has made many of them, yet I still enjoy his sermons and firmly believe none of us are perfect, or going to be 100% correct, when it is all said and done. Pray for discernment while listening and remember to check what you hear against the Bible itself.

iSong6:3

Charles Stanley teaches Lordship Salvation. You can do a Google search (I just did) and read the critique of his works. He is very adamant about this.

Bro, I just Googled too and I've read just the opposite, that he is not LS. Would you please post what you came across that said he is? :hat:

gtwilliams

I have been watching Charles Stanley for about 20 years and have read most of his books. He is one of the few preachers who teach about the Holy Spirit - many pastors just ignore that subject. He is wonderful. What is Lordship Salvation??? I guess I need to google that one - never heard of it.

tjplaw

Here for the duration.
My comment isn't about Charles Stanley.

First time I've heard of Lordship Salvation. Honestly, I'm not interested, instead, why not:

• Pray and build a prayer relationship with the Lord.
  • Find the time each day to read His word...
  • Submit to His authority...
  • Learn to Put God first, that way He'll see to your daily needs...

And to me the most important part of the day, wake up and say, today I will trust in You.

There is only one way to worship God and Christ, and that is on our knees.

Why look for other ways to do the above, when these 4 simple things are so simple.

UCT

Bro, I just Googled too and I've read just the opposite, that he is not LS. Would you please post what you came across that said he is? :hat:

I think you are correct. He is "easy believism" which is obviously very different. My apologies on falsely accusing him of the LS doctrine. I was reading a debate on baptistboard.com regarding his beliefs. There are links to his audo files and in some instances, he does appear to be of the LS variety, but in others, he does not. I did hear him state he does not believe the "outer darkness" is Hell. I've not heard that one before. I also found Stanley's book, which clearly refutes the claim he is a Lordship Salvation type of guy. In fact, he preaches against it. That is good to know. What I had read on Google was all blogs. I think the term LS isn't quite understood by many of the posters as it is not his. I should have read more in depth instead of taking only a quick glance.

I think you are correct. He is "easy believism" which is obviously very different. My apologies on falsely accusing him of the LS doctrine. I was reading a debate on baptistboard.com regarding his beliefs. There are links to his audo files and in some instances, he does appear to be of the LS variety, but in others, he does not. I did hear him state he does not believe the "outer darkness" is Hell. I've not heard that one before. I also found Stanley's book, which clearly refutes the claim he is a Lordship Salvation type of guy. In fact, he preaches against it. That is good to know. What I had read on Google was all blogs. I think the term LS isn't quite understood by many of the posters as it is not his. I should have read more in depth instead of taking only a quick glance.

Oops, my brother, I don't want to seem too nit-picky, but the term *easy believism* is a pejorative term often used by LS adherents to refer to non-LSers. They use it to imply that we believe merely mental assent and saying a rote prayer gets someone saved. That's a lie, we certainly do not believe that at all. But that's what the term means. And Charles Stanley doesn't teach that either. (It takes time to get all the *lingo* down, doesn't it. :hug)

Easy Believism | GracethrufaithGracethrufaith

UCT

Oops, my brother, I don't want to seem too nit-picky, but the term *easy believism* is a pejorative term often used by LS adherents to refer to non-LSers. They use it to imply that we believe merely mental assent and saying a rote prayer gets someone saved. That's a lie, we certainly do not believe that at all. But that's what the term means. And Charles Stanley doesn't teach that either. (It takes time to get all the *lingo* down, doesn't it. :hug)

Easy Believism | GracethrufaithGracethrufaith

LOL I'm trying! An easy believist is what Stanley was called by a group of LS'ers on one of the boards I read. I found a webpage on Google that was a former Mod over at Rapture Ready too. I can't recall his name though. He has apparently declared himself a Lordship Salvation guy. I think his article said he was a Mod there until 2009? Anyway, I'll just stick to believing. It's much easier than trying to figure out the various names for various beliefs. lol

LOL I'm trying! An easy believist is what Stanley was called by a group of LS'ers on one of the boards I read. I found a webpage on Google that was a former Mod over at Rapture Ready too. I can't recall his name though. He has apparently declared himself a Lordship Salvation guy. I think his article said he was a Mod there until 2009? Anyway, I'll just stick to believing. It's much easier than trying to figure out the various names for various beliefs. lol

:lol: You're actually learning quickly! :thumbup

Yes, sadly that former moderator was separated, by mutual decision, from that board over this issue as well as Calvinism (LS is the daughter of Calvinism.)

lynnjcksnjck

I would just like to put a few inputs an this thread (really not having anything to do with the discussion). I find it absolutely amazing that we as Christians come up with so many different names for what we believe???? "believism/Lordship Salvation and the list goes on and on. It is amazing to me that we come up with so many different "names" to muck up the waters so to speak? This is why it's so hard to witness to people....Why can't we just be Christians and call it a day????