Changing Your Birth Sex: The Emperor’s New Clothes

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The insanity and consequence of creating one’s own “truth” and reality.
By Ed Brodow

Danish fabulist Hans Christian Andersen wrote a wonderful story, The Emperor’s New Clothes, about a king who walked around in his underwear in the misguided belief that everyone could see his invisible suit of clothes. The con men who sold the king on this ridiculous idea told him that his suit of clothes would be visible to everyone except those who are stupid or incompetent. The townsfolk go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid. “Look at the king’s magnificent suit of clothes,” they proclaim. The same situation is happening today as a group of dysfunctional people allege thatthey can change their birth sex. Instead of calling them out, our society accepts it.

“Society has accepted a destructive lie that you can create your own reality and define your own identity,” says author Ben Shapiro. “Transgender isn’t real,” explains Kara Dansky, women’s advocate and author of The Abolition of Sex. “It was simply made up. Words like gender identity don’t have any meaning. Every single human being is either a male person or a female person.” Despite the obvious truth of Dansky’sstatement, we have reached a place where to state the obvious gets you attacked as “transphobic.”

Transgenderism does not describe a marginalized group of people who need civil rights protection, Dansky says. On the contrary, “The so-called transgender agenda is being fueled by a massive, vicious, and well-funded industry in the guise of a civil rights movement. It is all a lie,” Dansky argues. “The obliteration of the material reality of biological sex should scare everyone.”

There is no “right” that says you can demand whatever you want. If you decide tomorrow morning that you identify as something other than your biological sex, it doesn’t give you the right to demand that everyone should accept your decision. Simply because a man decides he is a woman does not require everyone to go along with it. We have the right to disagree.

If I identify as a rhinoceros, it is not reasonable for me to demand that everyone ought to agree with me. In fact, it would be ludicrous if anyone agreed with me. My mental state would rightly be open to question. Why then are we so quick to ignore reality by glorifying the delusions of people who think they can change their birth sex?

The Left has confused tolerance with celebration. Tolerance for a minority should not imply that the majority must accept and celebrate minority viewpoints. We can be tolerant of transgender individuals while rejecting the biological integrity of their choice and challenging their mental competence.

The events of this past week have demonstrated that trans people may have serious mental issues, including a proclivity to violence. A trans woman in Nashville killed six people, including three children. Other trans people have physically assaulted those who expressed doubt. When anyone acknowledges the psychological foundation of transgenderism, that person is attacked for doing violence to trans people. A notable example occurred at a July 2022 US Senate hearing when Sen. Josh Hawley was accused of transphobia by Khiara Bridges, a professor at UC Berkeley School of Law. Bridges suggested that men have “a capacity for pregnancy.” For the simple act of questioning that possibility, Hawley was accusedby Bridges of “opening up trans people to violence by not recognizing them.”

The implication of Bridges’ accusation is that questioning a nonsensical viewpoint is no longer acceptable. Once we go down that road, we are susceptible to an avalanche of absurdity. The brilliance of Andersen’s tale lies in the recognition that human beings are inclined to accept nonsense. Economist Thomas Sowell explained why this is particularly true today. When asked why American voters used to be able to see through obvious nonsense, Sowell replied, “That was before nonsense became a large part of the curriculum of our educational institutions.”

Transgenderism is not the only nonsensical idea floating around. Consider these delusional notions that have made it past the screwball test: men can have babies; human beings can change the weather; math is racist; the Russians own Trump; we should disband the police; cow flatulence causes global warming; voter ID is racist; all white people have implicit bias.

As a life-long believer in common sense, I am appalled at the willingness of our society to cast it aside in favor of ideas that no rational person should embrace.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...ging-your-birth-sex-the-emperors-new-clothes/

NewWine2020

The insanity and consequence of creating one’s own “truth” and reality.
By Ed Brodow

Danish fabulist Hans Christian Andersen wrote a wonderful story, The Emperor’s New Clothes, about a king who walked around in his underwear in the misguided belief that everyone could see his invisible suit of clothes. The con men who sold the king on this ridiculous idea told him that his suit of clothes would be visible to everyone except those who are stupid or incompetent. The townsfolk go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid. “Look at the king’s magnificent suit of clothes,” they proclaim. The same situation is happening today as a group of dysfunctional people allege thatthey can change their birth sex. Instead of calling them out, our society accepts it.

“Society has accepted a destructive lie that you can create your own reality and define your own identity,” says author Ben Shapiro. “Transgender isn’t real,” explains Kara Dansky, women’s advocate and author of The Abolition of Sex. “It was simply made up. Words like gender identity don’t have any meaning. Every single human being is either a male person or a female person.” Despite the obvious truth of Dansky’sstatement, we have reached a place where to state the obvious gets you attacked as “transphobic.”

Transgenderism does not describe a marginalized group of people who need civil rights protection, Dansky says. On the contrary, “The so-called transgender agenda is being fueled by a massive, vicious, and well-funded industry in the guise of a civil rights movement. It is all a lie,” Dansky argues. “The obliteration of the material reality of biological sex should scare everyone.”

There is no “right” that says you can demand whatever you want. If you decide tomorrow morning that you identify as something other than your biological sex, it doesn’t give you the right to demand that everyone should accept your decision. Simply because a man decides he is a woman does not require everyone to go along with it. We have the right to disagree.

If I identify as a rhinoceros, it is not reasonable for me to demand that everyone ought to agree with me. In fact, it would be ludicrous if anyone agreed with me. My mental state would rightly be open to question. Why then are we so quick to ignore reality by glorifying the delusions of people who think they can change their birth sex?

The Left has confused tolerance with celebration. Tolerance for a minority should not imply that the majority must accept and celebrate minority viewpoints. We can be tolerant of transgender individuals while rejecting the biological integrity of their choice and challenging their mental competence.

The events of this past week have demonstrated that trans people may have serious mental issues, including a proclivity to violence. A trans woman in Nashville killed six people, including three children. Other trans people have physically assaulted those who expressed doubt. When anyone acknowledges the psychological foundation of transgenderism, that person is attacked for doing violence to trans people. A notable example occurred at a July 2022 US Senate hearing when Sen. Josh Hawley was accused of transphobia by Khiara Bridges, a professor at UC Berkeley School of Law. Bridges suggested that men have “a capacity for pregnancy.” For the simple act of questioning that possibility, Hawley was accusedby Bridges of “opening up trans people to violence by not recognizing them.”

The implication of Bridges’ accusation is that questioning a nonsensical viewpoint is no longer acceptable. Once we go down that road, we are susceptible to an avalanche of absurdity. The brilliance of Andersen’s tale lies in the recognition that human beings are inclined to accept nonsense. Economist Thomas Sowell explained why this is particularly true today. When asked why American voters used to be able to see through obvious nonsense, Sowell replied, “That was before nonsense became a large part of the curriculum of our educational institutions.”

Transgenderism is not the only nonsensical idea floating around. Consider these delusional notions that have made it past the screwball test: men can have babies; human beings can change the weather; math is racist; the Russians own Trump; we should disband the police; cow flatulence causes global warming; voter ID is racist; all white people have implicit bias.

As a life-long believer in common sense, I am appalled at the willingness of our society to cast it aside in favor of ideas that no rational person should embrace.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...ging-your-birth-sex-the-emperors-new-clothes/
There are some very, very good talking points in this. And we will need them.

NewWine2020

Transgenderism is so evil. God made you either male or female, and God NEVER makes mistakes.
I like to do some info gathering on the talking points the enemy uses and sadly, this filth has begun working its way into the pulpit of some "woke church's"...

It's mind warping. I wont post it but you can easily google "what does the Bible say about Trans?"

The tone used is one that tries to come across as friendly, unthreatening and just asking for understanding and co.pasionate acceptance. It takes legit biblical points: "i.e. God created the night and the day, the land and the sea and said they were good"

But...

It then tries to use "logic" to point out that these traits mentioned are always two polar opposites and that in nature (uggh, always with"the nature") the opposites always exist on a spectrum between the two. I.e. besides JUST night/ day we also have dawn/ dusk...

It honestly both angered me and raised goosebumps on my skin because it reads like a transcript of what Satan would have said to Eve in his sepant guise.

This is thevkind of nonsense that's being fed to people who think they are Christians by woke churches.

It's wrong. God said it's wrong. Thats all we need to know.

Cloud Watcher

Try telling the IRS that you are a Martian and don't pay Earth taxes. Demand a diploma from Yale when you never attended. Walk out of a store without paying for the items you took by saying everything that exists is free for the taking. Climb into a lion's enclosure at the zoo while claiming to be it's cousin.

Then claim the Y chromosome can be magically changed into an X simply because you wished it so. Uh, nope!

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
This whole subject drives me absolutely nuts. I am beyond stunned that my own family members don’t seem to have a problem with children taking hormones, getting their breasts removed, and being taught in grade school that they can choose their gender. These same family members see me more and more as a small-minded person just because I believe there are only two genders and
a person is who they were created to be. I can see more and more how persecution is going to hit us in this area and my own family will end up hating me.
It’s sad but it’s OK because Jesus said they would hate us. They hated Him too, so we will have that fellowship with Him when it happens.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
So, if (when) sharia happens here, does a transgender female (XY) have to wear a hijab, but a transgender male (XX) does not?
Or will it depend on one's gender, assigned by God and expressed in human DNA XX (FEMALE) and XY (MALE)?

I know what is done about perverts in most muslim countries, but that won't fly here, at least for awhile.

Last edited:
Back