Chan and Bickle endorse Henri Nouwen

Anewcreationinjesus

Mike Evans

So Francis- "I love Mike Bickle" - Chan and Mike - "God is going to change the expression and understanding of Christianity" - Bickle BOTH love and promote Henri Nouwen, the universalist heretic who brought Eastern mysticism into the professing Christian church.
I would surmise that the devil loves all three of these "ministers of righteousness", who are doing him proud by spreading the spirit of AntiChrist to millions of hapless, undiscerning believers who are either false converts or marked for apostasy if they don't get out fast....

Last edited:

LisaJoe1986

I read a book once about Mr. Rogers, I'm Proud of You, by Tim Madigan. It might be the book the recent movie was based on. I didn't see the movie. The man who wrote the book was very good friends with Fred Rogers who led him to Nouwen. They consulted Nouwen's teachings as if it were scriptures to help guide them in life. I had to do my own homework on him. I am pretty sure Thomas Merton falls into the same category of false teaching. He was very popular when I was a Catholic. I had to do some teaching on him with my son because his fiance was a big believer in him. She got saved when she visited Gethsemane monastery on a field trip that her Christian High school teacher took the class on. UGH! It is so very challenging to sift through all of this false doctrine and not be led astray. I will be so thankful when Jesus snatches us to safety!

Anewcreationinjesus

I read a book once about Mr. Rogers, I'm Proud of You, by Tim Madigan. It might be the book the recent movie was based on. I didn't see the movie. The man who wrote the book was very good friends with Fred Rogers who led him to Nouwen. They consulted Nouwen's teachings as if it were scriptures to help guide them in life. I had to do my own homework on him. I am pretty sure Thomas Merton falls into the same category of false teaching. He was very popular when I was a Catholic. I had to do some teaching on him with my son because his fiance was a big believer in him. She got saved when she visited Gethsemane monastery on a field trip that her Christian High school teacher took the class on. UGH! It is so very challenging to sift through all of this false doctrine and not be led astray. I will be so thankful when Jesus snatches us to safety!
Absolutely, LisaJoe if you look at Lighthouse trails research, they have spotted all the Catholic mystics and pinpoint why their teaching is false.... such a needed resource!! Merton, Nouwen, Rohr, and others are on there ...

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I am pretty sure Thomas Merton falls into the same category of false teaching.
Oh, yes. Very much so. He's a promoter of contemplative prayer and a great promoter of the book called, 'The Cloud of Unknowing' in which it's espoused that one cannot know God and Merton supports not even trying to. Therefore, to get close to God one must meditate themselves into blank minds by mind numbingly repeating or focusing on one word until one is in a stupefying trance of some sort.

Never mind that the Psalms talks about meditation on God, His Works, His precepts:

I will [solemnly] remember the deeds of the Lord;
Yes, I will [wholeheartedly] remember Your wonders of old.

I will meditate on all Your works
And thoughtfully consider all Your [great and wondrous] deeds.

Psalm 77:11-12

Make me understand the way of Your precepts,
So that I will meditate (focus my thoughts) on Your wonderful works.

Psalm 119:27

I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all that You have done;
I ponder the work of Your hands.

Psalm 143:5

Then there's the so much better book called: The Bible.....the Word of God that one can read and actually *gasp* get to know God!!

In Merton's videos about supposedly connecting with God there is not one iota or word mentioned from the Bible but rather unscriptural babble which seems religious but actually leads one away from God, His Word and His revealed truth. However, God's Word is revealing of who God is, His truths and mysteries:

Now I say this, believers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit nor be part of the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable (mortal) inherit the imperishable (immortal). Listen very carefully, I tell you a mystery [a secret truth decreed by God and previously hidden, but now revealed]; we will not all sleep [in death], but we will all be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed], in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at [the sound of] the last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [who believed in Christ] will be raised imperishable, and we will be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed]. 1Cor 15:50-52

And great, we confess, is the mystery [the hidden truth] of godliness:

He (Jesus Christ) who was revealed in human flesh,
Was justified and vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the nations,
Believed on in the world,
Taken up in glory.

1 Tim 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; 2 Tim 3:16