Censorship? Tech Problems? DOS Attack?

MePlus6

The thing I notice on here is that I'll click a link for a post (an RF forum link to a post, not an external link) and often I see the browser try to load the page and it just gets stuck. I click it again and it usually loads the page.

I've not dug further into it. If I see it happening in other browsers I'll collect that data and send it to you, Chris.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Well, it happened again tonight. Got kicked off the Internet while I was on RF about 11 p.m. locally. Couldn't get on the internet and stay connected until about midnight. The stress isn't doing my heart/recovery any good. :furious :rant :mad :wild [giant angry murder hornet/killer bee emoticon :bee

Another tech is coming out Monday morning. Considering what the cable company charges, they better get it right. If someone or something is accidentally interfering with the internet and/or phones, then he/she/it needs to stop. If it's on purpose or he/she/it won't stop, prosecution needs to happen :furious :rant :mad :wild [giant angry murder hornet/killer bee emoticon :bee

MePlus6

Well, it happened again tonight. Got kicked off the Internet while I was on RF about 11 p.m. locally. Couldn't get on the internet and stay connected until about midnight. The stress isn't doing my heart/recovery any good. :furious :rant :mad :wild [giant angry murder hornet/killer bee emoticon :bee

Another tech is coming out Monday morning. Considering what the cable company charges, they better get it right. If someone or something is accidentally interfering with the internet and/or phones, then he/she/it needs to stop. If it's on purpose or he/she/it won't stop, prosecution needs to happen :furious :rant :mad :wild [giant angry murder hornet/killer bee emoticon :bee

Did they come out and fix it today?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Did they come out and fix it today?

Someone competent from the cable/phone/internet company, who spoke American English, was here this morning. It took 3 1/2 hours, but it looks like everything's working (for now, anyway). We'll have to wait and see on the internet, as it wasn't being bad when the tech was here, kind of like a tooth doesn't hurt at the dentist's office. But some of what he did might improve or fix it. It wouldn't have taken so long, but the idiots that were out last week made everything worse, plus they (unbeknownst to us) disconnected the alarm system with their fumbling around :furious :rant :mad :wild Turns out the idiots were contractors, not employees. There will be a huge complaint to the company about the idiots. And a huge compliment for the guy that came out today :smile

It has crossed my mind that the alarm thing might have been in purpose. Surprise! if it was, because it's working now. As is the German Shepherd :lol

PS. Still can't access a few sites the cable/internet/phone company have seemingly censored :furious :rant :mad :wild
Tor work-around is working (for now) [sighing emoticon]