CC, Chuck Smith, Rick Warren - Radio Show

RandallB

Anybody have information on Rick "busting in on" Chuck's Pastors Perspective Feb 26 radio show and being welcomed.

Seems a bit odd since Chuck wrote the 2006 Parson to Parson letter to all Calvary Chapel Pastors that the theology of Rick Warren was not biblical and his type of Christianity could not be endorsed at that time.

Have things changed? Has Rick changed?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
It was an inside job, a stunt orchestrated by someone high up in the CC movement who is trying to redirect the CC movement into an emergent course. I will not name names, but this person (or someone acting with his knowledge and assistance) helped Rick Warren get into the studio during the daily show Chuck does on the radio station. As a pastor and person fairly close to the center of CC told me, "It was a naked, blatant attempt to damage Chuck and cause internal stress on CC." Clearly this entire attempted takeover of CC has reached unacceptable levels. I can tell you that Chuck and Paul have now stepped up and have laid down the gauntlet. I believe that either these who are troubling the movement will leave voluntarily or they will be expelled. And it will happen sooner, rather than later.

I hope this helps.

RandallB

Thanks Adrian,

I am sorry that these type of power struggles go on. We should not be surprised (but I am) when those who oppose satan and his sock puppets are attacked.

I had heard about it and was waiting to see if Pastor Chuck was going to make a statement about it.

:pray:ing that those blinded by Emergent will see their errors.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
Thanks Adrian,

I am sorry that these type of power struggles go on.

I had heard about it and was waiting to see if Pastor Chuck was going to make a statement about it.

:pray:ing that those blinded by Emergent will see their errors.
I'll post what I did at RR for the people here.

Have a listen to this about the 18 minute mark.

http://www.calvarychapelpalmdesert.com/teachings/2013/Prophecy Conference/PC2013_Day1_Hocking.mp3

He was not invited by Chuck or Don. Mr warren is an opportunists who knew this stunt would cause questions like the one you ask. He also had to have help in this and it undermines Chuck and it is designed to. Frankly those in CC who were behind this should do the honorable thing and leave CC.
A photo was taken showing them all in studio.

That photo went viral almost as soon as it was taken and Brian Brodersen put it on his facebook page for all to see. It was not a good thing, it was a dark day for CC plain and simple. It was a disgusting, subversive abuse of Chuck's gracious nature. Shame on all those who perpetrated all of this act.
I'll let you all know when I arrive at an opinion. :hehheh

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I smell a potential rat, judging by Mr Brodersen's action. Perhaps he was involved in Rick Warren's crashing of the radio show? I just pray that Chuck and Paul pull the plunger quickly to remove the detritus so CC can return to its wonderful ministry.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
I smell a potential rat, judging by Mr Brodersen's action. Perhaps he was involved in Rick Warren's crashing of the radio show? I just pray that Chuck and Paul pull the plunger quickly to remove the detritus so CC can return to its wonderful ministry.
:((

eddie

I don't base opinions on hearsay so here's the actual podcast of "Pastors Perspective" from about a month ago. Notice the very warm reception Chuck gives to Rick Warren. Warren enters, Chuck, "What a thrill and blessing to see him here today and a co pastor as far as the church of God is concerned,....... since they opened their doors (referring to Saddleback) God is using them in a very wonderful way and it's just a blessing to have Rick Warren in the studio today." The program goes on and both Warren and Smith answer listeners questions very cordially and in agreement. Now whether or not this Warren forcing his way in to the studio he sure was made to feel very welcome. It brings me no pleasure to post this but the truth must be told.
http://www.kwve.com/podcasts/Pastor's Perspective 02_26_13.m4a

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
I don't base opinions on hearsay so here's the actual podcast of "Pastors Perspective" from about a month ago. Notice the very warm reception Chuck gives to Rick Warren. Warren enters, Chuck, "What a thrill and blessing to see him here today and a co pastor as far as the church of God is concerned,....... since they opened their doors (referring to Saddleback) God is using them in a very wonderful way and it's just a blessing to have Rick Warren in the studio today." The program goes on and both Warren and Smith answer listeners questions very cordially and in agreement. Now whether or not this Warren forcing his way in to the studio he sure was made to feel very welcome. It brings me no pleasure to post this but the truth must be told.
http://www.kwve.com/podcasts/Pastor's Perspective 02_26_13.m4a
I listened to it as well, and if you know anything about Chuck, his reaction is what you could have counted on. He would be complimentary and gracious, just as he was in 2009 at the Harvest. Same unplanned meeting, unknown to Chuck and he never let on that he was set up.

I have noticed many in their 80's tend to be similar to this in how they conduct themselves, my mother among them. Not confrontational, not prone to making a scene, they are a different people from a more civil era. This I know from those close to him though, he was not pleasant in his mind, he felt betrayed.

He is from a different era, and those who did this were counting on that, and that makes it all the more disgusting.

Lily

Looking Up
I listened to it as well, and if you know anything about Chuck, his reaction is what you could have counted on. He would be complimentary and gracious, just as he was in 2009 at the Harvest. Same unplanned meeting, unknown to Chuck and he never let on that he was set up.

I have noticed many in their 80's tend to be similar to this in how they conduct themselves, my mother among them. Not confrontational, not prone to making a scene, they are a different people from a more civil era. This I know from those close to him though, he was not pleasant in his mind, he felt betrayed.

He is from a different era, and those who did this were counting on that, and that makes it all the more disgusting.
I was going to say basically the same thing. Even those of us who are a bit younger than in their 80's have been taught to be kind and gracious, I totally understand where Chuck is coming from. And this is 'hitting below the belt' as we used to say back in the day. Also, hasn't Chuck been ill recently? I remember prayer being asked for him. How low, to bully an elderly sick man. :tsk:

This is really sinister and no doubt the recording of his words will be played and used against him.

So this is what it's come to. Persecution from so-called Christians against those who hold true to God's Word.

You know, God always preserves His Word and will continue to do so no matter what Satan throws at it.

Calvary Chapels must be a mighty foe against those engaged in apostasy or else they would be left alone.

Continue on Chuck Smith, you are doing something right! :pray: that God's Truth will prevail.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
I was going to say basically the same thing. Even those of us who are a bit younger than in their 80's have been taught to be kind and gracious, I totally understand where Chuck is coming from. And this is 'hitting below the belt' as we used to say back in the day. Also, hasn't Chuck been ill recently? I remember prayer being asked for him. How low, to bully an elderly sick man. :tsk:

This is really sinister and no doubt the recording of his words will be played and used against him.

So this is what it's come to. Persecution from so-called Christians against those who hold true to God's Word.

You know, God always preserves His Word and will continue to do so no matter what Satan throws at it.

Calvary Chapels must be a mighty foe against those engaged in apostasy or else they would be left alone.

Continue on Chuck Smith, you are doing something right! :pray: that God's Truth will prevail.
:firewk

We have a winner!

eddie

I guess I should have expected the response I’m getting here now. Lilly you of all people lowering yourself to name calling. I didn’t call Chuck any names. If Chuck is gracious then your post and those who repost and praise the name calling are totally just the opposite. Is this the way a mature Christians should act? This response is what I’d expect from Rick Warren. Randal is the one who brought this up not me so I replied to his post. Lilly did you not just leave a CC because of the bad teaching going on there? I would not put it past Warren’s busting in because he is all about spreading his agenda. But for Chuck to be giving him such a big build up and the great work he’s doing at Saddleback as a co-pastor in God’s Church in my opinion, which I guess I’m not entitled to here, is more than just being gracious. Just one year ago when I was still able to go to the county jail to tell the inmates how Jesus had saved my soul and changed my life and could do the same for them so they would never again have to do time again the local Calvary Chapel was handing out copies of the “Purpose Driven Life” in spite of what Chuck said about Warren back in 2006. These guys were from Calvary Chapel’s U-Turn for Christ rehab program. So you tell me what’s going on. When I was once considering going through the U- Turn rehab program the guy who ran it told me if I ever broke a rule or slipped a curse word or smoked a cigarette I would be punished and would have to dig a big hole. I tried to explain how I had injured my back and digging a hole would put me in the hospital. He replied those are the rules take it or leave it. One time I was donating some clothes to the Calvary Chapel thrift store and a guy who had completed the program was helping me unload my car. I asked him if he knew for sure if he would go to heaven and he said he wasn’t sure of anything. I told him to repent and surrender his life to Jesus, yes I believe Chuck teaches repentance is part of conversion, for forgiveness of his sins and his faith in Christ’s work on the cross for his sins assures him of salvation and a home in heaven if he believes. Why did he not know this after 6 months in a program digging needless holes? Tell me is something wrong here? I was hoping that Chuck would set things straight about Warren’s bursting in and I’ll be glad if and when he does. I don’t recall Chuck doing it in 2009 after the Harvest Crusade. I ask you this, is Chuck Smith infallible? Is Rick Warren slick and deceptive? Remember John Piper becoming a fan of Warren and endorsing his book and now the contemplative prayer stuff along with Beth Moore, who is a big player in the ecumenical movement. Chuck has been ill and possibly that makes him even more susceptible to Warren’s deception. Chuck Smith jr. is all into the New Age Movement and most likely he’s trying to get his dad to get on board as well. I prayed for Chuck about his cancer and I continue to pray that he’s on the right track and not being led astray. I do know this, that once someone is deceived into believing in the false teachings of Rick Warren it’s very difficult if not impossible to get them to open their eyes to the truth. So if you wish you can continue to call me names but what kind of witness for Christ will that be? Now please go read and even memorize 2 Timothy 2:24-26 if you believe I’m sinister or a bully or hitting below the belt or whatever names you call me for answering a question that started this thread as I say a prayer for all of you. If you all want to do something more productive call or write Chuck Smith to get him to set things straight on his show. Tell him what’s going on not here but on Stand for the Truth, Apprising Ministries about CC pastors doing Christian Yoga, and other web sites. I also read a letter from a former Pastor of Calvary Chapel and why he had to leave the movement. If things are not addressed people will be deceived hopefully not by Chuck but by a few of the other autonomous church’s in the movement.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I should have expected the response I’m getting here now. Lilly you of all people lowering yourself to name calling. I didn’t call Chuck any names. If Chuck is gracious then your post and those who repost and praise the name calling are totally just the opposite. Is this the way a mature Christians should act? This response is what I’d expect from Rick Warren. Randal is the one who brought this up not me so I replied to his post. Lilly did you not just leave a CC because of the bad teaching going on there? I would not put it past Warren’s busting in because he is all about spreading his agenda. But for Chuck to be giving him such a big build up and the great work he’s doing at Saddleback as a co-pastor in God’s Church in my opinion, which I guess I’m not entitled to here, is more than just being gracious. Just one year ago when I was still able to go to the county jail to tell the inmates how Jesus had saved my soul and changed my life and could do the same for them so they would never again have to do time again the local Calvary Chapel was handing out copies of the “Purpose Driven Life” in spite of what Chuck said about Warren back in 2006. These guys were from Calvary Chapel’s U-Turn for Christ rehab program. So you tell me what’s going on. When I was once considering going through the U- Turn rehab program the guy who ran it told me if I ever broke a rule or slipped a curse word or smoked a cigarette I would be punished and would have to dig a big hole. I tried to explain how I had injured my back and digging a hole would put me in the hospital. He replied those are the rules take it or leave it. One time I was donating some clothes to the Calvary Chapel thrift store and a guy who had completed the program was helping me unload my car. I asked him if he knew for sure if he would go to heaven and he said he wasn’t sure of anything. I told him to repent and surrender his life to Jesus, yes I believe Chuck teaches repentance is part of conversion, for forgiveness of his sins and his faith in Christ’s work on the cross for his sins assures him of salvation and a home in heaven if he believes. Why did he not know this after 6 months in a program digging needless holes? Tell me is something wrong here? I was hoping that Chuck would set things straight about Warren’s bursting in and I’ll be glad if and when he does. I don’t recall Chuck doing it in 2009 after the Harvest Crusade. I ask you this, is Chuck Smith infallible? Is Rick Warren slick and deceptive? Remember John Piper becoming a fan of Warren and endorsing his book and now the contemplative prayer stuff along with Beth Moore, who is a big player in the ecumenical movement. Chuck has been ill and possibly that makes him even more susceptible to Warren’s deception. Chuck Smith jr. is all into the New Age Movement and most likely he’s trying to get his dad to get on board as well. I prayed for Chuck about his cancer and I continue to pray that he’s on the right track and not being led astray. I do know this, that once someone is deceived into believing in the false teachings of Rick Warren it’s very difficult if not impossible to get them to open their eyes to the truth. So if you wish you can continue to call me names but what kind of witness for Christ will that be? Now please go read and even memorize 2 Timothy 2:24-26 if you believe I’m sinister or a bully or hitting below the belt or whatever names you call me for answering a question that started this thread as I say a prayer for all of you. If you all want to do something more productive call or write Chuck Smith to get him to set things straight on his show. Tell him what’s going on not here but on Stand for the Truth, Apprising Ministries about CC pastors doing Christian Yoga, and other web sites. I also read a letter from a former Pastor of Calvary Chapel and why he had to leave the movement. If things are not addressed people will be deceived hopefully not by Chuck but by a few of the other autonomous church’s in the movement.
Eddie, my brother, I think you have grossly misunderstood! The bully Lily referred to was Rick Warren and those who enabled him, putting Chuck in that tough spot. In no way was she—or anybody else here—attacking you. Thus your response in regard to her is, respectfully, erroneous.

That said, your other comments about what you would like to see from Chuck Smith are entirely valid. But please understand, nobody was attacking you. The "sinister", "bullying", and "hitting below the belt" was aimed entirely at the perpetrators of the Rick Warren intrusion.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
You may want to re-read the post, there was no name calling directed at you that I see. I read her post as directed at those who are working at subversion.

I am a CC Pastor and there is much more going on than you know. This I can tell you, if you want Chuck to tear someone up on air, especially when the whole thing was not expected, you will wait a long time. Fault him if you will, but it's his nature, and the people who wanted to see this charade happen were banking on his response.

As for Jr. he was a CC Pastor who was asked to step down for his contemplative direction, and yes, Chuck was the one who had to stand behind it. He is not willing to embrace Jr's direction now or ever, no need to worry there.

As with any work of God there will be those who will be stirred up to try to change the direction. The examples of CC's embracing things they should not is not going unnoticed and they are being asked to do the honorable thing and disassociate.

Too bad the actions of a few are being seen by some as systemic. It is not true.

Lily

Looking Up
Wow, do I feel as though I've been knocked between the eyes. eddie, never in my life have I called someone a name on a forum,especially someone who was just posting some information as you were. I'm sorry but you grossly misunderstood.

In fact I was calling Warren and his ilk bullies, not you!

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was also privy to some information not on the board.

Yes, I left a CC over some bad teachings but I will not condemn an old sick man for not confronting his attackers. The attackers need to come clean.

I'm shocked, I don't know what else to say.

But I don't know how you eddie ever thought the post was directed at you. In a million years I will never understand.

***eta: In fact I had used OWL's quote to respond to and I never referred to you even once about anything. :scratch: My post was under OWL's post not yours. :scratch: ***

Thank you Adrian and OWL for coming to my defense.

Wow, all you needed to say was hey Lily, I'm not sure, do you mean me?

seank6

i just don't understand why the church is promoting theology of man, they seem to be putting theses names like rick warren , chuck smith,beth moore and others on these pedestals like they have figured out some secret and follow blindly! i have made the decision to leave my church due to the fact that they not only promote this purpose driven life but also promote movies about the bible instead of teaching out of the Bible itself. now im seeing those promote these things on this forum and this to me is a travesty and im beginning to see out this false teaching is making its way to this forum. so with that being said and the way those hear jumped on my brother Eddie i have chosen not to follow this forum any longer for it seems the blindness and apostasy is running rampant.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
i just don't understand why the church is promoting theology of man, they seem to be putting theses names like rick warren , chuck smith,beth moore and others on these pedestals like they have figured out some secret and follow blindly! i have made the decision to leave my church due to the fact that they not only promote this purpose driven life but also promote movies about the bible instead of teaching out of the Bible itself. now im seeing those promote these things on this forum and this to me is a travesty and im beginning to see out this false teaching is making its way to this forum. so with that being said and the way those hear jumped on my brother Eddie i have chosen not to follow this forum any longer for it seems the blindness and apostasy is running rampant.
What thread are you reading Sean. Please re read the thread carefully. Nobody here has anyone on any pedestal. All are faulty so no person deserves to be anywhere but the rightful place of next to all the other sinners.

I have to ask to what apostasy do you refer? This thread is about RW coming into a studio without invitation. Detail were given to help give some context to the episode. Eddie made an assumption regarding a personal attack. Myself and Adrian offered a different view of the post and then the person who had posted it reaffirmed what was plainly obvious to other readers.

So where is the promotion regarding the "theology of man"? Where is the "pedestal"? Where is the "blind following"?

Honestly I am at a loss how this thread has given that impression no matter who it is read by. :idunno:

seank6

its not just this thread im talking about, there have been many over the past few weeks i just spoke up at this one but the fact that no one sees it and its just me maybe im the crazy one and totally misguided and just confirms why i dont belong here anyway so thanks for pointing out my error in thinking and it has been a pleasure being here these past 4 years but its time for me and my way of thinking to move on.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Well, bro, I am sorry to see you go. I personally see no promotion of purpose driven or other emergent things here. Yes, people raise topics ... that is the purpose of a forum ... but we firmly and consistently reject all that is not scriptural and speak out openly and emphatically on the Bible truths here. FROM the bible. My doctrinal posts alone are filled with scripture ... in context. I would love to be given some examples of where this board has failed in regard to upholding "the faith once delivered." We have lost people because we do NOT accept emergent teaching nor unChristian behavior.

It is easy for us human beings to gain perceptions and act on them, but concrete examples are the best way to demonstrate the perceptions and confirm them. If there are none, or they do not confirm the perceptions, then we have to accept that the perceptions are misperceptions. I know it is intellectually far easier just to throw out an accusation and leave, but surely it would be a far better example of Christian love to help us by giving examples of our supporting or advancing error, so that we may correct it. We may be way off base on some things here. Surely Christ constrains you to at least point out to us where, so that we may get back on track?

Lily

Looking Up
It seems that Rick Warren and his cohorts have been at least partly successful in their agenda. That's what I see.

Evidently, now that Chuck Smith has sat down with Rick Warren, and it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, Chuck Smith is now apostate and anyone who doesn't agree with that assessment is following blindly.

It doesn't matter that some choose to take a deep breath and ponder for a moment WHY Chuck Smith isn't acting like some want him to. If we don't agree with those who have decided that Chuck Smith is apostate, then we are perceived as attacking those who have decided such.

What the travesty is here, is that Warren has won, just like he calculated he would. Those in Warren's camp understand the mindset of those who can't be taken in and have found a way to use it to get what they want. And what they want is to discredit Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel and to do that they had to go after Mr. Smith himself. It was even calculated how Chuck Smith would react. Think about it, would Rick Warren ever set foot on a stage where he knew he would be torn to shreads? No. This was a diabolical plot, well executed and now we see the desired results are in action.

What one hears on a radio is not always the whole story. I thought we learned that lesson with the airing of "The War of the Worlds". Here again we have the "War of the Worlds" but this time it's not the Martians that want to get you.

If those who know Chuck Smith personally are saying please listen to the rest of the story and consider it, what harm is that? Must we throw Chuck Smith under the bus right now to prove our commentment to truth? Or do we give an elderly sick man a chance?