Catholics praying to Mary and the saints yet still claim to be Christians

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
One billion people (the majority) deceived.
I've always said, the RCC is satan’s masterpiece!!!
It is sad because these people are being led by :wolf wolves in sheeps clothing. These people's salvation are at stake not being told the truth you must be born again. They believe what the church is teaching, but not reading the :bible to see the lies they are being told.:fish said you must be born again. Works doesn't make you born again. It is about a personal relationship with :fish

Last edited:

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

How did you find out how to be saved? I am glad you learned the truth of Gods :bible word.
I got saved 21 yrs ago at a Calvary Chapel., and never went back to a Catholic church.
I was radically changed ( from day one) The Holy Spirit gave me a hunger to read the word of God, I couldn't put it down. My first-year alone, I stopped counting at 35 times I had read through the new testament.
Well, I was never the same again.

Jaybird

I was also raised Catholic and attended Catholic elementary and high school. To reiterate what "UntilThe WholeWorldHears" said above they don't teach from the Bible. Occasionally they might open the book, but they rely on their catechism (brainwashing) to teach Church doctrine. They freely admit that their religion is based on the Bible plus Church teachings. There are some elements of true Bible doctrine in their teachings, but like many cults they sound Christian, but are far from what is actually taught in the Bible. I still have many family members and friends who are Catholic. I was lucky that I fell away from the Church and wandered for a long time until I got saved. Luckily, I was drawn to read the Bible and get into the Word to learn the real truth. It still boggles my mind that nobody in that religion thinks to read the "instruction manual" that God gave us, but rely on the Church because this is what they are told to do. Just think, before the Reformation by Luther the Church forbade anyone but the clergy to read the Bible. What were they afraid of? The Bible was written in Latin that most people could not read anyway as they were illiterate. What were they trying to hide? Very simple - the truth! Catholics who actually read the Bible challenge the Church doctrines, but very few read it. The Bible is probably the most widely circulated book and they don't read it. What a shame!!!

lightofmylife

I got saved 21 yrs ago at a Calvary Chapel., and never went back to a Catholic church.
I was radically changed ( from day one) The Holy Spirit gave me a hunger to read the word of God, I couldn't put it down. My first-year alone, I stopped counting at 35 times I had read through the new testament.
Well, I was never the same again.
Great testimony thanks for sharing. :thumbup:thumbup Jaybird thanks for sharing your testimony.:thumbup :thumbup

heisable2

Having been raised Catholic all my life, until the age of 39, not once,did they ever put a Bible in my hands.
I had to have a Bible when I was in high school and even though I had a period of religion every year the Bible seemed to stay in my locker all the time. I never had a Bible until I was about 30 when I became born again.

I had started this question about praying to marry because several of my friends are Roman Catholic and they appear to be very sincere about their beliefs but yet they are diehards and praying to mother Mary before they pray to God.

I can remember in school when the nuns would tell us to pray to Jesus but then Jesus would look to Mary to see if she approved the prayer or not and she would not and Jesus would answer the prayer. That is such a bunch of bunk and a lie from hell.

Another thing is that they believe in praying to some of these saints like Saint Anthony and St Christopher. And the migrants that come across the border wear some sort of medallion with Mary on it thinking at Mary's going to help them cross the border.

All I can say is good riddance I am so glad I am rid of that church. Thank you to all who answered my question. I agree with everything that you said. It is just been happening lately that some of my acquaintances are Catholic and they don't believe the way I do. Sort of sad. The Pope is a putz.

Jaybird

Lightofmylife, you are welcome. I am now in a Calvary Chapel as well, but the Holy Spirit "slapped me in the face" one day and gave me the hunger to read the Bible like "UntilThe WholeWorldHears" noted above. It is my experience that God truly draws those he predestined towards the knowledge of his truth. It's just not something you can come to through logic or reasoning. The smartest people in the world can't even figure that out! I am proof of this as we all are proof of this. One day soon I'll post my real testimony to how I got saved. All we can do is praise God that he illuminated us with the knowledge of his Son!

lightofmylife

I had to have a Bible when I was in high school and even though I had a period of religion every year the Bible seemed to stay in my locker all the time. I never had a Bible until I was about 30 when I became born again.

I had started this question about praying to marry because several of my friends are Roman Catholic and they appear to be very sincere about their beliefs but yet they are diehards and praying to mother Mary before they pray to God.

I can remember in school when the nuns would tell us to pray to Jesus but then Jesus would look to Mary to see if she approved the prayer or not and she would not and Jesus would answer the prayer. That is such a bunch of bunk and a lie from hell.

Another thing is that they believe in praying to some of these saints like Saint Anthony and St Christopher. And the migrants that come across the border wear some sort of medallion with Mary on it thinking at Mary's going to help them cross the border.

All I can say is good riddance I am so glad I am rid of that church. Thank you to all who answered my question. I agree with everything that you said. It is just been happening lately that some of my acquaintances are Catholic and they don't believe the way I do. Sort of sad. The Pope is a putz.
Also, the people they are calling saints may not be born again. I know the Catholic church has something called canonize. The truth is believers are saints. Also, anyone should be able to figure out there is something very weird that people pray to dead people.

Jaybird

Heisable2: They say that Mary is the co-redeemer with Christ! This is what I call blasphemy, but they believe it and pray to her. The Pope says that protestants are all doomed to Hell because they don't believe in this garbage. Words can not express.... It is very sad that your Catholic friends (like mine) can't believe they are being misled by there so called Church. It is so sad!!!!

Jaybird

Lightofmylife: You would think that they would find all of these church doctrines like canonization of saints, praying to dead people, praying to Mary, purgatory, etc. to be weird, but they don't because this is how they are taught and this is reinforced through the family ties. If this is all you know throughout your entire life why would you think it is odd? As compared to what? They purposely "suggest" that something is wrong with the Protestants and you shouldn't associate with these people. The only thing that brings this apostasy to the forefront is the knowledge of the truth as set forth in the Bible, but if you are discouraged from reading it how would you know their teachings are wrong? As I look back on these false doctrines I am in horror that I also believed them. How could I be so foolish? I didn't know my Bible. The truth sets us free from this apostasy.

RonJohnSilver

So, to our former Catholic, now converted brothers and sisters...what exactly is praying the rosary? I saw on a news blog that some actor was encouraging people to do so. I know it's those bead things, but is it an actual prayer? And also, when a person confesses to a priest, what happens? The priest say, OK, you're good to go or something? I've never been in a RC service. What happens at mass? Why is it called that? What's the deal with fish on Friday?

lightofmylife

So, to our former Catholic, now converted brothers and sisters...what exactly is praying the rosary? I saw on a news blog that some actor was encouraging people to do so. I know it's those bead things, but is it an actual prayer? And also, when a person confesses to a priest, what happens? The priest say, OK, you're good to go or something? I've never been in a RC service. What happens at mass? Why is it called that? What's the deal with fish on Friday?
That actor is Mark Wahlberg I saw that on Facebook.

Jaybird

There is an actual prayer to Mary that you memorize and then as you touch each bead on the rosary you recite the prayer. So if there are 30 beads on the rosary you would be reciting the prayer 30 times (I don't remember how many beads it actually has). In the Catholic Mass they basically re-enact Calvary through some rituals. There is a defined structure to it and depending on the Church they may have a choir or band. The priest will deliver a sermon on a variety of topics related to Christian living, but they rarely read from the Bible. They consider confession one of the sacraments (by which grace is attained). All you do is let the priest know your sins and then he absolves you of the sin and makes you do some sort of penance (like rote prayers). During Lent they abstain from eating meat on Friday and replace that with fish supposedly to remind you of what happened on Good Friday. A strange religion with lots of unbiblical teachings, rituals and some biblical truth thrown in to give it an air of legitimacy and they say anyone who doesn't believe their way is a heretic. They should take a long look in the mirror.

SkyRider

The Rosary is a purely Roman Catholic thing; it is neither Biblical nor Christian. And if we can be honest, it is a satanically inspired invention. As with most Catholic rituals, practices and doctrines, if we don't find the basis for their teachings in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God, then it is the enemy who has introduced such heretical beliefs to dupe those who are seeking God to get involved in something that discredits Christ and leads wannabe followers of our Lord off in a myriad of different directions instead of staying on the true path to salvation.

The Rosary is wrong on at least two accounts: it has the ones involved in this false worship praying to someone other than God - in this case, the Catholic version of their "Mary" - and it is nothing more than repeating "vain repetitions" of the same prayer, over and over again, 50 times, 5 decades (or tens), on a complete rosary string. ("Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen") This is repeated 50 times.

Jesus Christ - who as Christians, we are supposed to be following and do what He says - tells us to pray to the Father and to not use vain repetitions. In Matthew 6:6-8 He informs us:

"But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and when you have shut the door, pray to the Father which is in secret, and your Father which sees you in secret, will reward you openly.

But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions, as the heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Do not therefore be like them; for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask him"

Jesus equates the praying of a rosary as a heathen practice! It is not directed to God and it is the same meaningless "prayer" over and over again!

Mary - or their version of her - is not God. She is incapable of hearing or answering prayer. She is not all present, all knowing or all powerful to answer prayer. And yet the devil has millions of Catholics praying to a false entity - the "Queen of Heaven" - in a heathen ritual. The Catholics have a nun on tv who prays this ridiculous mantra on a daily basis to those who want to pray to a false God. The real God abhors this activity. Satan takes great delight in deceiving Catholics the world over in praying to someone who doesn't hear a word of it. And good thing too!

Could you imagine the real Mary having to endure almost 2000 years - or however long this abhorrent activity has been going on - of nonstop "Hail Mary's" bouncing around in her brain, repeatedly, endlessly, never stopping. She'd be like Jim Carrey's character in Bruce Almighty with the endless, nonstop prayers directed at him.

And what kind of a prayer is it anyway? What does it accomplish? Who does it glorify? What repetition petititions are being asked for? Who talks like that to someone? Can you imagine talking to your dad like: "Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks".........ad nauseum, 50 times, each day that you want something.

Again, the Rosary is nothing but a tool from the devil. No true Christians should have anything to do with it.

Back