Catholics and Many Protestants believe Heaven is possible Without Belief in God.

RonJohnSilver

A new study from the Pew Research Center shows a majority of Catholic and mainline Christians also believe people who don’t believe in God will go to Heaven.

Data for the study, conducted Sept. 20-26, was collected from a nationally representative sample of 6,485 U.S. adults.

Pew researchers decided for the first time to tackle deep philosophical questions like the meaning of life, the purpose of suffering and why bad things happen to people. The national study was released amid a backdrop of major life-changing events for many, most notably the coronavirus pandemic which has claimed millions of lives globally.

In discussing American views on the afterlife, the study showed that majorities of U.S. adults believe in both Heaven and Hell, but significantly more believe in Heaven. Some 73% of respondents reported belief in Heaven, while 62% of respondents reported belief in Hell.

When it comes to Christians as a group, the study showed that the overwhelming majority of all Christian groups supported belief in Heaven. Protestants from historically black and evangelical churches were more likely than mainline Protestant Christians or Catholics to express belief in Hell.

And while 39% of all American adults, in general, believe people who don’t believe in God can still go to Heaven, 68% of Catholics and 56% of mainline Protestant Christians were found to hold this belief compared to 21% of evangelicals and 31% of Christians from historically black churches.

When it comes to suffering in the world, few respondents in the study blamed God. In general, most agreed that suffering is due primarily to the actions of people. For majorities of black and evangelical Christians, though, Satan is believed to have a hand in human suffering, too, the study shows.

Some 86% of American adults say suffering is at least due in part to random chance. Overall, 44% of respondents said the phrase “sometimes bad things just happen” captured their perspective very well. Another 42% said the statement reflected their views somewhat well.

This is from the Christianpost.com . If there was any doubt we in Laodicean times, this should confirm it even more.

GotGrace

A new study from the Pew Research Center shows a majority of Catholic and mainline Christians also believe people who don’t believe in God will go to Heaven.

Data for the study, conducted Sept. 20-26, was collected from a nationally representative sample of 6,485 U.S. adults.

Pew researchers decided for the first time to tackle deep philosophical questions like the meaning of life, the purpose of suffering and why bad things happen to people. The national study was released amid a backdrop of major life-changing events for many, most notably the coronavirus pandemic which has claimed millions of lives globally.

In discussing American views on the afterlife, the study showed that majorities of U.S. adults believe in both Heaven and Hell, but significantly more believe in Heaven. Some 73% of respondents reported belief in Heaven, while 62% of respondents reported belief in Hell.

When it comes to Christians as a group, the study showed that the overwhelming majority of all Christian groups supported belief in Heaven. Protestants from historically black and evangelical churches were more likely than mainline Protestant Christians or Catholics to express belief in Hell.

And while 39% of all American adults, in general, believe people who don’t believe in God can still go to Heaven, 68% of Catholics and 56% of mainline Protestant Christians were found to hold this belief compared to 21% of evangelicals and 31% of Christians from historically black churches.

When it comes to suffering in the world, few respondents in the study blamed God. In general, most agreed that suffering is due primarily to the actions of people. For majorities of black and evangelical Christians, though, Satan is believed to have a handin human suffering, too, the study shows.

Some 86% of American adults say suffering is at least due in part to random chance. Overall, 44% of respondents said the phrase “sometimes bad things just happen” captured their perspective very well. Another 42% said the statement reflected their views somewhat well.

This is from the Christianpost.com . If there was any doubt we in Laodicean times, this should confirm it even more.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMHO They are under deception pure and simple.

My Jesus said “there ain’t no other way.

I believe Him. :sad:sad:sad:sad:sad:sad

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
The idea that there's only one way to heaven really rubs some people wrong. But, thank God there is a way through simple faith in Jesus' work on the cross for all people.

How many other places where one way to safety is readily accepted and faith put into? For instance:

• The one Ambulance that drives a sick person to the hospital, what foolishness if one refuses because that's the only way.

• The one Fireman, who climbs a ladder on a burning house to rescue someone through a window.....the only way out of a destructive fire. What foolishness if one refuses such compassionate help because that's the only way.

• The one vitamin or supplement that helps with a life threatening health problem. What foolishness if one refuses to take it because it's the only way.

Praise God that simple faith in Jesus saves! Praise God He doesn't discriminate, hold bias, accepts all who come to Him in repentance and faith and amazingly forgives sin, no matter how great. Salvation is free, God did the impossible work for us out of His incredible, beyond understanding love for the world.

Be wise and understanding, discerning the incredible deal that's put before each person to either refuse or accept, and accept the incredible free deal of all eternity now, while you still can. Do it today, while there is still breath in your lungs.....tomorrow may not happen.

Repent of sin and come to the Lord Jesus who lovingly desires your good, and put your faith in Him.

“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”

John 3:16-21

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Many are about religion, but Jesus is a relationship which is about grace and mercy. Religion is people trying to do enough good works to earn their salvation. None of us can be good enough to earn our salvation. Only one paid the price for our sins on the cross paid in full it is finished! Accept the gift of salvation=Jesus!

JamesSuth

A believer I know was talking to a Catholic and gently encouraged them to reach out to Jesus, the Catholic friend replied 'but this is my religion'. I was quite shocked. I don't care what my religion, culture, background, or anything else is, nothing is worth getting in the road of The Way, The Truth and The Life - Jesus, both because He is worthy and He is the only way for my salvation. I don't understand the illogic of it, but I suppose all sin is illogical.

daygo

A believer I know was talking to a Catholic and gently encouraged them to reach out to Jesus, the Catholic friend replied 'but this is my religion'. I was quite shocked. I don't care what my religion, culture, background, or anything else is, nothing is worth getting in the road of The Way, The Truth and The Life - Jesus, both because He is worthy and He is the only way for my salvation. I don't understand the illogic of it, but I suppose all sin is illogical.
Says it all really.

lismore

A fifth of evangelicals, those in churches who preach the gospel, apparently have no idea what the gospel is. There is a big mission field within the church. God Bless Happy Christmas All :)

RonJohnSilver

As I, and others, often say.....

BELIEF does not = TRUTH There are still many people out there who believe the earth is flat, or that there are fair elections.....believing it does not make it so.

Wings Like Eagles

When it comes to suffering in the world, few respondents in the study blamed God. In general, most agreed that suffering is due primarily to the actions of people. For majorities of black and evangelical Christians, though, Satan is believed to have a hand in human suffering, too, the study shows.

I've seen posts online which purport to be Christian, which say that Jesus came to save us all--whether we believe in Him or not. This is, of course, a "doctrine of demons". Jesus taught the way of salvation and it is a "narrow road" that leads to life rather than the "wide road" that leads to destruction. If all will be saved in the end, then why did Jesus warn so strongly of hell?