Catholicism And the Word Of God

Batman

I have studied the issue of Mary biblically quite closely. While I believe that you can only be saved by the Cross of Jesus! Mary does have an exalted place and it is biblical, based on the following verses. Remember when Elisabeth was speaking she was filled with the Holy Spirit and called Mary the Mother of our Lord. Luke 1:41-1:46. So it was the Holy Spirit who called Mary the Mother of our Lord.

Luke: 41And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 1:42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. 1:43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 1:44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 1:45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. 1:46And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 1:47And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Then is Luke 2:33-2:35. I haven’t quite decided what to make of this verse. 2:35 which he says a sword shall pierce your heart as well and many hearts will be revealed. These are some of the verses which have been used to defend Catholic belief in Mary.

2:33And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. 2:34And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; 2:35(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
There is no defense of the Catholic cult beliefs of Mary. She was a flesh/blood human chosen by the Triune Godhead to be the mother of the fleshly Lamb of God who would eventually give up his life to crucifixion to pay for the sins of the world, including Mary's. She deserves much respect and I'm sure she is highly admired in Heaven by all who join but what Catholicism advocates is blasphemy. No Christian should over step any Bible verses regarding Mary, especially to the point of co-redeemer, co-advocate, co-anything. She deserves the love and gratefulness of accepting the wonderful blessing of the virgin birth and raising our Lord and being faithful unto his life, death, resurrection, and years after his ascension. That's it.

Lovin Jesus

The new statistics show that the Catholic Church in Switzerland lost 31,772 members in 2019, or 1.1 percent of its total membership. The 2019 figures represent a 25 percent increase over the previous year, which saw 25,366 people leave. The majority of those leaving are between 25 and 34 years of age.

The report also offered a summary of the reasons people give for leaving the Church, the most common of which are a lack or loss of faith and disagreement with the public statements of the religious communities. Younger people often say they have no faith or have lost it, whereas people between 40 and 75 years old tend to say they were unhappy with the public statements of the Church.

Significantly more Catholics left the Church than Reformed Christians, the report stated, even though the number of Reformed leaving the Church has also increased in recent years.

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2020/12/04/swiss-bishops-decry-record-exodus-from-catholic-church/

Back