Catholicism And the Word Of God

hopefilled

My story is very similar, Rocky. Was an altar boy for years, and as a young adult in the RCC I even participated as a presenter at an even where our parish invited folks of other faiths to tour our church. Each of us described something to the folks - mine was in the sacristy, where I showed the visitors the communion wafers, wine, and the chalices used during communion. I remember explaining then (this was probably in the mid-1980s) in accordance with RCC belief, that the communion wafer BECAME JESUS HIMSELF during the Mass, and that the wine literally became his blood. Catholics do NOT believe that the bread and wine REPRESENT Christ during communion - but that it actually BECOMES Jesus in the literal sense of the word. I also remember telling the visitors something I had seen on TV during that era that showed a Catholic church in Europe that apparently has a piece of what has apparently been determined to be human heart muscle preserved for hundreds of years in a reliquary. As the story goes, one day a Catholic priest was saying Mass but he apparently had doubts about whether the communion wafer really "became" Jesus. At some point, the story continues, before his eyes that priest watched as the wafer "magically" turned in human heart muscle, and that church still displays it today. You can probably look the story up on Google. So I related that story to the visitors to reinforce at the time that the communions wafer "really does" turn into Jesus' flesh just like Catholics believe.

This is just one of many stories in which I unknowingly and naively at the time perpetuated the Catholic beliefs. So glad to be born again and away from all that mysticism and idolatry.
Praise be to God for leading you out of that deception! There are many of us here...so lets continue to pray for those still deceived!

PhilR

Catholicism And the Word Of God
By Geri Ungurean

After I was born-again from above, I was approached by a Catholic woman who had heard about my conversion. Actually, I don’t call it a conversion. I am Jewish, and when the Lord saved me, I became a completed Jew. Anyway, to this Catholic woman–I was a convert.

The mission of the woman was to help me see the light–in other words; she wanted me to become a Catholic. We went round and round, mostly about “Mary.” It became so obvious that this woman was worshiping Mary!

She called Mary Queen of Heaven, Mother of God, Blessed Mother, Immaculate Mary and Virgin Mary. Everything the woman was saying to me came straight from the Roman Catholic Church. Everything that I said to her came from the Bible. She did not feel that the Bible was a good source of information about Mary or Jesus. I was STUNNED!

I used Scripture whenever the woman made false statements. When I would say the name of Jesus, she would go right back to talking about Mary. She told me that this is what Jesus wanted; for people to go through His mother to get to Him. I told her that Mary had other children. I could hear her breathe in, as if she had been slapped.

“Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus” (Matthew 1:24-25). (emphasis mine)

Before I became a Christian, I had always thought that the holiest people in the world were Catholics. God opened my eyes to see that this was a facade in the Roman Catholic Church, which Satan used to his advantage. Everything was so beautiful with stained glass windows, statues of their saints, purple velvet, golden chalices; I could go on and on.

How could this NOT be the true church of the Lord?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

As I thought about the birth of our Lord Jesus in a lowly stable, something about all of the obvious riches in the Roman Catholic Church did not seem genuine to me. Would Jesus want millions of dollars spent on huge, ornate buildings? It became apparent to me that this church had little to do with Jesus Christ, and everything to do with Mary and worshiping her. The more I learned about the Roman Catholic Church, the more it reminded me of the synagogue; traditions of men being taught as the truth–replacing the Word of God.

“Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ” (Colossians 2:8).

The devil takes a little bit of truth (Word of God) and twists it to deceive us. He did this to Eve in the Garden of Eden. He even tried doing it to our Lord Jesus in the wilderness. Jesus simply corrected and rebuked the evil one, using the written Word of God.

After the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus, Satan did not waste any time building his own institution (the Roman Catholic Church), to make sure that people would remain lost in their sins. Before Lucifer was cast out of heaven by God, he was exalting himself to be like the Lord Most High. He wants worship!

He demands worship.

Graven Images
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image–any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth” (Exodus 20:4).

The Roman Catholic Church is filled with statues of people who they claim did at least two or more miracles. These canonized people are called saints.

From gotquestions.org

“How does the Roman Catholic understanding of “saints” compare with the biblical teaching? Not very well. In Roman Catholic theology, the saints are in heaven. In the Bible, the saints are on earth. In Roman Catholic teaching, a person does not become a saint unless he/she is “beatified” or “canonized” by the Pope or prominent bishop. In the Bible, everyone who has received Jesus Christ by faith is a saint. In Roman Catholic practice, the saints are revered, prayed to, and in some instances, worshipped. In the Bible, saints are called to revere, worship, and pray to God alone: source

Salvation
In Catholicism, Mary is the co-redeemer along with Jesus. The people are taught that Mary participated with Jesus in His painful act of redemption. We know Who redeemed us–Jesus the Christ and no one else:

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved” (John 3:16-17).

No mention of Mary in that passage of Scripture. Not once.

In Catholicism, Mary is the co-mediator, whom we can trust with all of our cares. The Bible says this about our mediator:

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).

Extremely clear, wouldn’t you say?

In Catholicism, salvation is sought after by good works and participation in the sacraments. I’ve never met a Catholic who has said that they are sure they going to heaven.

The Bible says this:

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).

We are saved by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. It is a gift of God. It has nothing to do with our works. Good works should come naturally to a redeemed soul, but being redeemed is the work of God. We must believe Him.

The Bible
The priests in the Roman Catholic Church do not encourage the reading of the Word of God to its members. Well, I can see why! If the people begin to read God’s Word, they will see that the Roman Catholic Church is teaching doctrines contrary to the Bible. Then a Catholic person would need to make a choice: To adhere to Catholic doctrine and tradition or believe what they read in the Holy Word of God.

After my last article, I received an email from a woman who seemed frantic. She told me that she was a Catholic Christian. She said that her priest told the congregation that Allah is the same as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I assured her that is NOT the truth. I sent her two articles addressing this lie that is being perpetuated by false teachers.

In the 2nd Council of the Vatican in 1962-1965, this was added to the Book of Catechism:

Second Vatican Council, Nostra Aetate 3, October 28, 1965
“The Catholic Church rejects nothing of what is true and holy in these religions. She has a high regard for the manner of life and conduct, the precepts and doctrines which, although differing in many ways from her own teaching, nevertheless often reflect a ray of that truth which enlightens all men. Yet she proclaims and is in duty bound to proclaim without fail, Christ who is ‘the way, the truth and the life’ (Jn 1:6). In him, in whom God reconciled all things to himself (cf. 2Co 5:18-19), men find the fullness of their religious life. (emphasis mine).

“The Church, therefore, urges her sons to enter with prudence and charity into discussion and collaboration with members of other religions. Let Christians, while witnessing to their own faith and way of life, acknowledge, preserve and encourage the spiritual and moral truths found among non-Christians, also their social life and culture. (Emphasis mine).

“The Church has also a high regard for the Muslims. They worship God, who is one, living and subsistent, merciful and almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth (Cf. St. Gregory VII, Letter III, 21 to Anazir [Al-Nasir], King of Mauretania PL, 148.451A.), who has spoken to men. They strive to submit themselves without reserve to the hidden decrees of God, just as Abraham submitted himself to God’s plan, to whose faith Muslims eagerly link their own. Although not acknowledging him as God, they venerate Jesus as a prophet, his Virgin Mother they also honor, and even at times devoutly invoke. Further, they await the day of judgment and the reward of God following the resurrection of the dead. For this reason they highly esteem an upright life and worship God, especially by way of prayer, alms-deeds and fasting. (emphasis mine)

“Over the centuries many quarrels and dissensions have arisen between Christians and Muslims. The sacred Council now pleads with all to forget the past, and urges that a sincere effort be made to achieve mutual understanding; for the benefit of all men, let them together preserve and promote peace, liberty, social justice and moral values.”

“Therefore, the Church reproves, as foreign to the mind of Christ, any discrimination against people or any harassment of them on the basis of their race, color, condition in life or religion. Accordingly, following the footsteps of the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, the sacred Council earnestly begs the Christian faithful to ‘conduct themselves well among the Gentiles’ (1P 2:12) and if possible, as far as depends on them, to be at peace with all men (cf. Rm 12:18), and in that way to be true sons of the Father who is in heaven (cf. Mt 5:45).”

Bringing Muslim Cleric to Pray in Vatican
In June of this year, the Vatican invited a Muslim cleric and a rabbi to pray together with the Pope. This smacks prophetically of a one world religion, and should alarm Christians everywhere. But God is in control, and all that happens is because He allows the events to fulfill His Prophetic Word.

I have to think that the priest telling his congregation the lie about Allah, is not a fluke. Perhaps the Vatican is telling Catholic priests to preach that Allah and the Lord God Almighty are one and the same.

Satan knows that the end is near.

Corruption in the Vatican
Anyone can search the history of the Vatican and find appalling corruption with each new pope. But nothing can compare with the Vatican during the reign of Hitler in Nazi Germany:

Why, it has been asked repeatedly, did the Pope not utter a solemn denunciation of this crime against the Jews and against humanity?…Why, it has been demanded, did he not give a clear moral and spiritual lead to Catholic priests throughout Europe? In June 1941, when the Vichy French government introduced “Jewish laws” closely modeled upon the Nuremberg Laws, the Pope responded to appeals from French bishops by stating that such laws were not in conflict with Catholic teaching. Later efforts by the British, Americans and Poles to persuade the Vatican to publish a specific condemnation of Nazi extermination of the Jews fell on deaf ears. The Pope, came the reply, could only issue a general condemnation of wartime atrocities. “A strong and openly voiced papal line might have silenced those Catholic bishops throughout Europe who actively and fervently collaborated with their Nazi masters.” –Ronnie S. Landou, The Nazi Holocaust, pp. 216-217

I cannot understand how a person who has been saved by our Lord Jesus, and begins to read the Holy Word of God, could remain in the Roman Catholic Church. The only reason I could see a person remaining there, would be if they felt the leading from God that they were to share the message of salvation with other Catholics. I still think that a person such as this should seek out a place of worship where God’s Word is preached boldly.

Brethren, we are to obey God. He has given us all that we need in His Word. We are to be as the Bereans were–searching the Scriptures to see if what we were told is so.

The evil one is always standing by to confuse and lie to us!

“But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men” (Acts 5:29).

MARANATHA!

Blessings in Yeshua.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/catholicism-word-god/
Hi Chris, as an EX member of the RCC, the RCC does encourage their members to read the Bible, but want their approved versions like the New American and Jerusalem Bible versions with apocrypha. They don't believe that the Bible stands alone as the will of God. They believe that both scripture and tradition both need to be used,, and it is the teachings, doctrines, and interpretations of the RCC have the final say as in their catachism. Sadly, some well known Protestant denominations have dragged these Augustinian errors along into their churches. Calvinism for example.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris, as an EX member of the RCC, the RCC does encourage their members to read the Bible, but want their approved versions like the New American and Jerusalem Bible versions with apocrypha. They don't believe that the Bible stands alone as the will of God. They believe that both scripture and tradition both need to be used,, and it is the teachings, doctrines, and interpretations of the RCC have the final say as in their catachism. Sadly, some well known Protestant denominations have dragged these Augustinian errors along into their churches. Calvinism for example.

I think you will find many ex-RCC folks on here that will tell you their RCC never encouraged them to read the Bible. At least that is what some have related before. The RCC was no fan of the printing press. The liked to keep the people ignorant as to what the Bible REALLY says. They want people to rely on "mama church" for spiritual guidance rather than the Word of God. :ohno

Annie

Be A Berean!
I think you will find many ex-RCC folks on here that will tell you their RCC never encouraged them to read the Bible. At least that is what some have related before. The RCC was no fan of the printing press. The liked to keep the people ignorant as to what the Bible REALLY says. They want people to rely on "mama church" for spiritual guidance rather than the Word of God. :ohno

Former RCC person here :wave :laugh ... Catholic school, the whole scenario... it was the Catholic catechism, no bible, we would misinterpret it and shouldn't even attempt to read it the nuns said.

PhilR

I will just say they taught not to take the Bible as the truth by itself--and that's what Catholic believe. Bible reading could vary from diocese to diocese. But the final word came from what 'mama church" said, period. You will always seem to hear them say., "But what does the church say, not just what the Bible says,"
It is strange as I remember at mass they would say or chant, "In dying you destroyed our death, in rising your restored our life, Lord Jesus" (You would think they would believe Christ had saved them, but no... "They would also sometime say or sing, "Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world" but then turn around and finish the song saying, "have mercy on us." Go figure??

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Former RCC person here :wave :laugh ... Catholic school, the whole scenario... it was the Catholic catechism, no bible, we would misinterpret it and shouldn't even attempt to read it the nuns said.

I'm glad you got out of that mess. I have friends that are mixed up in the RCC and it is sad to see. :ohno

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I will just say they taught not to take the Bible as the truth by itself--and that's what Catholic believe. Bible reading could vary from diocese to diocese. But the final word came from what 'mama church" said, period. You will always seem to hear them say., "But what does the church say, not just what the Bible says,"
It is strange as I remember at mass they would say or chant, "In dying you destroyed our death, in rising your restored our life, Lord Jesus" (You would think they would believe Christ had saved them, but no... "They would also sometime say or sing, "Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world" but then turn around and finish the song saying, "have mercy on us." Go figure??

Man seems to not be able to leave what God has done well enough alone. :doh :ohno

JDP

Just to add to what many others have said.... the RCC encourages the reading and studying of the Catholic Catechism, NOT the Bible. I taught religious education (CCD) in the church for over 10 years to grades 3 through high school. Unless I encouraged Bible reading (which I did) it was not encouraged - instead to teach from the books they used, which only quoted Scripture sporadically. And if you look at the documentation going all the way back to the Council of Nicea in the 4th century up to Vatican II and beyond, it is explicitly stated that the RCC has "replaced" Israel and the Jews as "God's new chosen people." Non-believing Jews "lost" their chosen status and have surrendered it to the RCC. Mary is to be worshipped, she is to be used as an intercessor to Christ (Christ doesn't deal with us directly, you see), she is Queen of Heaven and Co-Redeemer with Christ (because His death on the cross just fell a bit short of what was needed for salvation, you see), and on and on. The idol worship is rampant in the RCC - statues and symbols are to be directly worshipped. Don't believe me? During the mass for Holy Thursday, congregants must file up to the altar to kiss the feet of a statue of Jesus on the cross. I was an altar boy for 10 years and held that cross for thousands over the years to kiss its feet. Likely many of our former RCC members did that. The tabernacle (small reliquary that holds the communion wafers) that sits at the back center of every RCC altar is the "holy dwelling place of God." You see, God crawls into that little box every time there's wafers in it, and once the doors of it are opened you better fall to your knees lest lightning strikes you dead. And only confession directly to a priest forgives sins (better pray to Mary too about it, because Jesus is just too busy to listen). Pray to all the saints, too, to release all those folks held in Purgatory by God because the Church commanded God to place them there for holding until they get enough prayers here on Earth to finally let them out. And don't forget to sprinkle that holy water liberally all over your house to keep that darn Devil away. Tap water blessed by a priest is stronger than anything to have Satan screaming in fear.

Annie

Be A Berean!
Just to add to what many others have said.... the RCC encourages the reading and studying of the Catholic Catechism, NOT the Bible. I taught religious education (CCD) in the church for over 10 years to grades 3 through high school. Unless I encouraged Bible reading (which I did) it was not encouraged - instead to teach from the books they used, which only quoted Scripture sporadically. And if you look at the documentation going all the way back to the Council of Nicea in the 4th century up to Vatican II and beyond, it is explicitly stated that the RCC has "replaced" Israel and the Jews as "God's new chosen people." Non-believing Jews "lost" their chosen status and have surrendered it to the RCC. Mary is to be worshipped, she is to be used as an intercessor to Christ (Christ doesn't deal with us directly, you see), she is Queen of Heaven and Co-Redeemer with Christ (because His death on the cross just fell a bit short of what was needed for salvation, you see), and on and on. The idol worship is rampant in the RCC - statues and symbols are to be directly worshipped. Don't believe me? During the mass for Holy Thursday, congregants must file up to the altar to kiss the feet of a statue of Jesus on the cross. I was an altar boy for 10 years and held that cross for thousands over the years to kiss its feet. Likely many of our former RCC members did that. The tabernacle (small reliquary that holds the communion wafers) that sits at the back center of every RCC altar is the "holy dwelling place of God." You see, God crawls into that little box every time there's wafers in it, and once the doors of it are opened you better fall to your knees lest lightning strikes you dead. And only confession directly to a priest forgives sins (better pray to Mary too about it, because Jesus is just too busy to listen). Pray to all the saints, too, to release all those folks held in Purgatory by God because the Church commanded God to place them there for holding until they get enough prayers here on Earth to finally let them out. And don't forget to sprinkle that holy water liberally all over your house to keep that darn Devil away. Tap water blessed by a priest is stronger than anything to have Satan screaming in fear.

Thank you for sharing this :hat

Reactions: JDP

PhilR

I was a convert to the RCC, big mistake, after I married my RCC wife. I grew up with liberal parents and attended liberal Protestant churches. I left the RCC for good in 1995. I can't believe I spent 19 years in the RCC.
One of the things that stands out most glaring about their mass was what they called "the benediction of the blessed sacrament" where the priest would remove the bread wafer incased in a gold stand from box they called the tabernacle and he would place it on the altar and would kneel and bow down, along with the congregation, and worship it! saying a special prayer (benediction). This did not occur all the time; people did not have to come. (It's been a long time so I can't remember all the specific details)

Last edited:

JDP

I was a convert to the RCC, big mistake, after I married my RCC wife. I grew up with liberal parents and attended liberal Protestant churches. I left the RCC for good in 1995 and got saved. I cant believe I spent 19 years in the RCC.
One of the things that stands out most glaring about their mass was what they called "the benediction of the blessed sacrament" where the priest would remove the bread wafer incased in a gold stand from box they called the tabernacle and he would place it on the altar and would kneel and bow down, along with the congregation, and worship it! saying a special prayer (benediction). This did not occur all the time; people did not have to come. (It's been a long time so I can't remember all the specific details)

Correct, Phil. Communion wafers blessed by a priest are considered the physical embodiment of Jesus Himself, so during that Feast of the Blessed Sacrament you referenced, the wafer is worshipped by the congregation. The priest holds up the wafer with everyone on their knees and everyone makes the sign of the cross. During the ceremony the priest uses incense to incense the wafer and the altar. No one except the priest is permitted to stand in the church while the wafer is blessed and worshipped. Yes, an entire Feast day has been created to celebrate and worship the wafer.

PhilR

The RCC insists on eternal salvation by faith plus good works and not faith alone. This is their biggest error. Unfortunately, the Protestant reformation carried on this error. Calvinism and Arminianism, even though they say they stand by salvation by grace alone thru faith alone in Christ alone, actually believe a person who has faith in Christ alone will "persevere" in a godly life. But that is just saying they actually believe a person is saved by faith plus good works. To me the so called "protestant reformation" (Calvinism especially) is just a re du of Catholicism, just without all the smoke and ceremonies.

Last edited:

JDP

In many communities, the RCC has historically seemed to attract the affluent. Here in our small town of about 2300 people, we have several dozen millionaires due to the sale of a local manufacturing plant years ago that many worked at and got stock as payment of the sale. Many millionaires made literally overnight. Over the decades so many of those folks (out of the goodness of their hearts, I don't mean to sound broadly negative about it) made huge contributions to the local RCC. Heated sidewalks, beautiful new statues, etc. etc. Nice little engraved plates all over the place proudly announcing that certain things "Donated by the ______ Family" or donated by an individual etc. Somewhere back in the contributors' minds (and knowing them personally and the atmosphere here in the town) I can't help but believe that many of these folks were made to feel that such contributions will somehow "help them get a foot in Heaven's door." There is often more emphasis placed on what someone, or what some family, may have publicly donated to the church amid great fanfare and publicity. In other words, an atmosphere is fostered among affluents that it may help your "case" in Heaven the more you donate. Have these folks been lovingly taught what truly saves a believer, or told to follow the RCC catechism (attend Mass, confess to a priest, good works etc.) or implicitly or explicitly led to believe that monetary contributions will help one get to Heaven?

Because of the affluence here, the town has a beautiful post-Vatican II church, no doubt nicer and newer than most towns our size. But I wonder how many of the souls inside of it are being led properly? No better, I assume, than any other RCC.

PhilR

Thanks for sharing. I'm very enlightened.
Milly, there is an Anglican Church (not Episcopal) about a half hour drive from me. Reading their web site, they are very similar to the RCC; their mass is almost a copy of the old pre Vatican II, RCC mass, they encourage roseries, have designated holy days, plus all the smoke and ceremonies of the RCC high mass. (This particular church parish is what is called, "high church," very formal; some parishes are less formal, "low church."). They may call themselves "Protestant", but they are just a re du of the RCC, just without a pope., and their priests can marry. Also, they don't follow the Bible as the supreme authority: they follow their "1928 Book of Common Prayer." Like the RCC, Calvinism, and Reform churches the Anglican church follows the teachings of men in their creeds and confessions over the Bible; the doctrines of men over Scripture. I do hope you avoid getting involved with them.

Last edited:

lismore

BTW, evangelicals are joining the RCC in record numbers.

Yes that's right. Surely this must be a sign that the end of the end times is almost upon us.

I was interested to discover from some acquaintances in the charismatic movement that the movement and what they see as the gifts of the Spirit are bringing Catholics and other Charismatics/ Pentecostals together. I heard a second hand testimony of an RC who was praying the Hail Mary and was 'filled in the Spirit' and began to speak in tongues. This is seen as good by many Charismatics. No doctrine, no truth, if there's some kind of manifestation then the experience is seen as genuine. Has anyone else heard something similar? God Bless :)

Seashell

I just wanted to explain the issue of saints/Saints. In the Catholic Church and all the Eastern Churches such as Greek Orthodox, Byzatine, Ethiopian, and Syrian etc. it’s believed that Little s saints are the Christians who are here on earth and the big S Saints are in heaven. Just to give you an explanation. There are very few differences between the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Churches which were started by other apostles and not Peter.

Seashell

I have studied the issue of Mary biblically quite closely. While I believe that you can only be saved by the Cross of Jesus! Mary does have an exalted place and it is biblical, based on the following verses. Remember when Elisabeth was speaking she was filled with the Holy Spirit and called Mary the Mother of our Lord. Luke 1:41-1:46. So it was the Holy Spirit who called Mary the Mother of our Lord.

Luke: 41And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 1:42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. 1:43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 1:44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 1:45And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. 1:46And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 1:47And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Then is Luke 2:33-2:35. I haven’t quite decided what to make of this verse. 2:35 which he says a sword shall pierce your heart as well and many hearts will be revealed. These are some of the verses which have been used to defend Catholic belief in Mary.

2:33And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. 2:34And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; 2:35(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Mary does have an exalted place and it is biblical,
What is biblical is that Mary is a direct descendant from the tribe of Judah, which fulfills OT prophesies of the coming Messiah Jesus being the lion of the tribe of Judah, and heir to the throne through the Davidic line, all fulfilling OT prophesy.

RonJohnSilver

This article makes a good read. I was once a Catholic and I couldn't believe my classmates who kept saying that Catholics worship statues. I couldn't see what they were seeing back then. But I finally left Catholic. I'm now going to Anglican Church. I don't know if there is any articles about Anglican Church in this forum. I would like to know if I am in the right place.
Generally speaking, the Anglican (Episcopal) church is Catholic-lite. Of course, each congregation/pastor is different so I'm painting with a broad brush. However, if I were you, I would keep looking for a more biblically solid church. Again, generally, look for Bible churches, most Baptist churches, any place that adheres to a literalist interpretation of the bible.

Back