Catholic University Speaker Urges Attendees To ‘Crucify Whiteness’ And ‘Ethically Lie’ To Right History’s Wrongs

Lovin Jesus

A Catholic university recently hosted an event titled “Rejecting White Christianity,” featuring a speaker who told attendees that white people needed to “crucify their whiteness” and urged others to “ethically lie” to make amends for past wrongs.

The College Fix reported that Carlow University invited Dr. Miguel De La Torre, a professor of social ethics and “Latinx studies” at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, who spoke on March 3. According to the Fix, which reviewed video of De La Torre’s speech, the professor “began his presentation by lambasting evangelicals who voted for Donald Trump.”

“When eight out of ten white evangelicals voted for a person who is completely against everything Christianity stands for, I don’t know what Christianity they are practicing,” De La Torre said. “But I want nothing to do with that Christianity.”

De La Torre then spoke of differences between “white theology and ethics” and “Latinx ethics,” reportedly noting “white” doesn’t refer to skin color but to an “ontological concept,” the Fix reported.

“Those of us who are colored, some of us can also be white. But the good news is there is salvation,” De La Torre said. Later in his speech, he reportedly said salvation means “we [who are colored] have to crucify our colonized minds, and for our white brothers and sisters, they need to crucify their whiteness.”

More
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cath...ss-and-ethically-lie-to-right-historys-wrongs

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
A Catholic university recently hosted an event titled “Rejecting White Christianity,” featuring a speaker who told attendees that white people needed to “crucify their whiteness” and urged others to “ethically lie” to make amends for past wrongs.

The College Fix reported that Carlow University invited Dr. Miguel De La Torre, a professor of social ethics and “Latinx studies” at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado, who spoke on March 3. According to the Fix, which reviewed video of De La Torre’s speech, the professor “began his presentation by lambasting evangelicals who voted for Donald Trump.”

“When eight out of ten white evangelicals voted for a person who is completely against everything Christianity stands for, I don’t know what Christianity they are practicing,” De La Torre said. “But I want nothing to do with that Christianity.”

De La Torre then spoke of differences between “white theology and ethics” and “Latinx ethics,” reportedly noting “white” doesn’t refer to skin color but to an “ontological concept,” the Fix reported.

“Those of us who are colored, some of us can also be white. But the good news is there is salvation,” De La Torre said. Later in his speech, he reportedly said salvation means “we [who are colored] have to crucify our colonized minds, and for our white brothers and sisters, they need to crucify their whiteness.”

More
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cath...ss-and-ethically-lie-to-right-historys-wrongs
The Catholic Church is getting weirder all the time. Jesus loves all different races and nationalities. That is ridiculous to say white people need to crucify whiteness, and lying is not ethical. These people have lost their minds. :loco

cheeky200386

Latinx GRRRR that made up term boils my blood. I will never accept that term as a Latina. I have seen that term applied to me and I immediately push back and say I did not agree to that. I just realized I should start saying, I identify as a Blood Bought Saint Redeemed by Jesus Christ. Ha!