Catholic Churches Merging - Ohio

NewWine2020

I’ve noticed that local Catholic Churches throughout Ohio are merging. Yes, I’m sure that turnout is low, but, I find it interesting in (end-times) timing too.

This city will have the 3 operate under the name “Divine Mercy Parish.” It’s occurring in Youngstown too.

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/new...ish-st-barbara-st-mary-st-joseph/69666815007/

My old Church which my wife and I really loved), Northridge Church, in North Scottsdale, AZ recently merged with Scottsdale Bible Church, another non-denom Church.

We live on the other side of the city now, so we don't attend either now, but my wife found the merger very off-putting because they changed some stuff around and it really is kind of strange to see the Body of Christ acting like a corporate business entity, undergoing "mergers."

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
My old Church which my wife and I really loved), Northridge Church, in North Scottsdale, AZ recently merged with Scottsdale Bible Church, another non-denom Church.

We live on the other side of the city now, so we don't attend either now, but my wife found the merger very off-putting because they changed some stuff around and it really is kind of strange to see the Body of Christ acting like a corporate business entity, undergoing "mergers."
Have you all been able to find a new church where you live?

nursey1960

Hi NewWine2020, I live down the street from Northridge - now Scottsdale Bible. I have heard they are interested in "merging" with other churches, in the northwest part of Phoenix. My hubby and I were in need of a new church this last fall and we were checking places out. I am just not excited about their system. If you like Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, we found a homegrown that gathers and watches him online - they have study groups - men, women, and weekly bible study. Very organized. CCCH has supported by sending a pastor out a couple of weeks ago - standing room only. Usually seems to have about 25-40 people. (more than our last church). Let me know if you want info. I really enjoy the fellowship - people are very friendly and have a passion for Christ.

Set free 47

I remember the RCC sex scandal of 20 years ago, and I have watched the film "Spotlight." This scandal reached into every location in the country and the world with their clergy. How many people left the RCC because of all this? How many priests break their vows anyway, today? And their priesthood is attractive to homosexuals. But the celibacy rule and the sex scandal are the big reasons for the decline of RCC parishes.

Back