Cardinal Wants Catholic Teaching on Gays Changed

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Cardinal Wants Catholic Teaching on Gays Changed
By Jeffrey Rodack
Thursday, 03 February 2022

Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, president of the Commission of the Bishops Conference of the European Union, maintains the church's teaching on homosexuality is wrong and should be changed. The comments by Hollerich, a Jesuit, came during an interview with KNA, a German Catholic news agency. The Catholic News Service said Hollerich considers the church's assessment of homosexuality as sinful to be incorrect.

"I believe that the sociological-scientific foundation of this teaching is no longer correct," Hollerich said. He called for a fundamental revision of church teaching, and noted the way Pope Francis has talked about homosexuality could spark a change in the doctrine.

"There is no homosexuality in the New Testament," Hollerich said. "There is only the mention of homosexual acts, which were partly pagan ritual acts. That was, of course, forbidden. I think it is time for a fundamental revision of the doctrine."

more............. https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cardinal-church-homosexuality-doctrine/2022/02/03/id/1055390/

SkyRider

Where do you start on that comment? A further slide of Romanism into apostasy. The RCC, who claims they gave us the Bible, found another way to defy God and to follow the enemy's leading. This kind of thinking will only allow more homosexual men to join their ranks and to carry out their diabolical desires on the innocents within their “church”.

Cloud Watcher

God had a particular plan when He created the two different sexes. Apparently, this cardinal is accusing the Almighty of making a mistake. Not a wise move. Even sexual relations within the male/female scope had rules. ..marriage and fidelity to one's spouse. Consequences for indulging outside of those norms include STDs, pregnancy out of wedlock, divorce, heartbreak, etc.

Wings Like Eagles

Glad the Lord led me out of that pit. If only I could get my mother and siblings to flee their bondage as well. Alas, a long life of indoctrination makes it hard to see the truth.
Of course, as with many institutions in the Western countries, it is people at the head who are the source of corruption--the head of the snake. Although, in this case, the corruption is probably widespread. Have a friend who went to an RCC seminary and he left after having the moves put on him. He said that there was another RCC seminary in the area which was said to be almost entirely...he is no longer a Catholic.

Bethlehem57

Sodomy long ago infiltrated the Catholic priestly ranks. They are just attempting to legitimize their sin so that they can continue something that God has many times called an abomination.
Makes one wonder…..God destroyed Sodem and Gomorrah v. today’s apostate false teachings that include demo/idol worship, child sacrifice and the LGBTQ’s unlimited depth of perversion. All this se FAR worse. I echo the cries of the saints that say, “How much longer Lord?”

But, I remember how “..God wishes none to perish but all to repent..” and I am grateful that His patience His is long suffering.

I just wish that all He is waiting on would get a move on!

Jojo4124

The Catholic church is a false religion that blasphemes God saying Jesus's sacrifice wasn't quite enough. Any one or "church" that implies or teaches this is already anathema so of course they disobey God's Word for their own comfort. I grieve for all the ppl who follow man and have no fear of the Lord. God doesn't joke. We are to hate and not partake in what He hates. The RCC is a huge net for satan if ppl don't read the Word alone for truth....so sad...but ppl are responsible to question their church even if it goes against God's Word in anything...

Wings Like Eagles

The Catholic church is a false religion that blasphemes God saying Jesus's sacrifice wasn't quite enough. Any one or "church" that implies or teaches this is already anathema so of course they disobey God's Word for their own comfort. I grieve for all the ppl who follow man and have no fear of the Lord. God doesn't joke. We are to hate and not partake in what He hates. The RCC is a huge net for satan if ppl don't read the Word alone for truth....so sad...but ppl are responsible to question their church even if it goes against God's Word in anything...
The good news is that many, many N. American Catholics are now reading their Bibles and questioning RCC dogma. A lot of them are not very happy with the present Pope.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The good news is that many, many N. American Catholics are now reading their Bibles and questioning RCC dogma. A lot of them are not very happy with the present Pope.

I believe there are oodles of catholic True Believers who continue to go to the church they were raised in because of human nature. I've met many whom I believe know and love the Lord.

I did have a conversation with one of my catholic sisters last year when I was visiting (not the pig farmer). I brought up the pope and described some of what I saw him doing as antichristian and she supported him vehemently. I was surprised to say the least. Then I later had a conversation with her husband where he asked the question, "what is truth"? I was floored because I'd believed that these two were believers. I didn't respond well because I was so shocked... but can start over next time I visit...

Xenosjeff

I believe there are oodles of catholic True Believers who continue to go to the church they were raised in because of human nature. I've met many whom I believe know and love the Lord.

I did have a conversation with one of my catholic sisters last year when I was visiting (not the pig farmer). I brought up the pope and described some of what I saw him doing as antichristian and she supported him vehemently. I was surprised to say the least. Then I later had a conversation with her husband where he asked the question, "what is truth"? I was floored because I'd believed that these two were believers. I didn't respond well because I was so shocked... but can start over next time I visit...
Rome's desecration of truth has poisoned the well for many. They see religion as a farce due to Rome's manipulation of true Christianity.

Catholicism is the gateway drug to secular agnosticism. How many times I've heard someone say that they're an ex catholic but now steer clear of religion, I don't want to count. By their fruit you shall know them.

Jeff

Jojo4124

The forces of sodomy have already subverted "mainline" Protestantism, so now they are working on the Catholics.
Yes...but there always were pedos in the RCC...so no doubt priests, who are forbidden to marry....prob homosexual stuff.

A priest who had been a family friend when I was a kid...came to all our first communion etc parties, was years later convicted of violating a child, my RCC mother said, "well, he just wasn't praying enough!"

I was like....no, he's a predator. I was thankful that God protected me from him because my mom would have blamed me or would have hush-hushed it!

SkyRider

I was like....no, he's a predator. I was thankful that God protected me from him because my mom would have blamed me or would have hush-hushed it!
That's a huge part of the problem. Who is going to take the word of a kid over a “respected” parish priest? That and the policy of the papacy on down to the local bishops to just relocate those perps to other parishes allowed that sinister activity to flourish and go on for centuries. Disgusting group, the lot of them.

SkyRider

He is more inclined to create initiatives that further the rise of the antichrist and Satan's agenda than have anything to do with Jesus Christ: climate change, remove borders, No nationalism but instead a global community, dividing up the land of Israel and other means of salvation other than trusting in Christ alone for redemption.

Back