Candace Cameron Bure Wants to Put Christianity Back in Christmas Movies

RogerThat

https://www.wsj.com/articles/candace-cameron-bure-great-american-family-11668205295

This is the one thing she said people are frenzied about:
“I think that Great American Family will keep traditional marriage at the core,” she said.

I don't subscribe to every word out of her mouth theologically, but I do admire her outspokeness about her faith and her love for Jesus. I adore her personality and joie de vivre when I hear her talk or interact with others. I don't usually care about the goings on of celebrities but I have had a lot of articles showing up in my FB News feed of people slamming her because of this article and her decision to leave Hallmark. So I went and looked at people's comments on her FB and IG pages and my heart actually hurts for her. I can't imagine the level of hatred she is getting. Praying for her and for her new channel home, GAC, to prosper in the face of such animosity.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I like Candace Cameron that played in Full House with Lori Laughlin and Jodi Sweetin. All 3 of them have played in Christmas Hallmark movies. I knew she left Hallmark to go to Great American Family. Jodi just did a movie called A Cozy Christmas Inn that was real good.

Last edited:

kathymendel

She has every right to make any changes in her career that she chooses!!! These same people who are belittling her would have a
tizzy-fit if people faulted them on their life decisions!!! I have always had respect for both her and her brother, Kirk for their stand on
their beliefs. I don't follow Kirk, but I hold him in high regard.

On a side note, I met their mother this past September at a Christian camping rally that Deb and I joined three years ago..........she is such
a gracious and lovely woman. It was a delight to meet her..........

Reason & Hope

She has every right to make any changes in her career that she chooses!!! These same people who are belittling her would have a
tizzy-fit if people faulted them on their life decisions!!! I have always had respect for both her and her brother, Kirk for their stand on
their beliefs. I don't follow Kirk, but I hold him in high regard.

On a side note, I met their mother this past September at a Christian camping rally that Deb and I joined three years ago..........she is such
a gracious and lovely woman. It was a delight to meet her..........
Today is when I learned that Candace and Kirk were siblings. :doh2 I guess I've been living under a rock.:peek

Bohdan

One thing to keep in mind in this controversy. Unless you have your heart set on watching a new movie in a crowded theater, all the old ones you loved are still available and cheap or free. They are not just competing with other movies coming out the same time, they are competing with almost every movie ever made.

TimeWarpWife

Candace has been getting a lot of flack from the ABC perverts and their supporters because she's refusing to check all of the now-mandatory Hollywood movie diversity boxes, like having at least one ABC perverted couple, in her movies. I heard that her daughter has taken to social media to support Candace ~ good for her dd. And good for Candace for not giving into to the sin and evil that is now what most movies are about.

Back