Canadians Furious Over New Don't Say 'Eh' Bill

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I probably should have posted this in Breaking News... and where was @Footsteps in all this? This could lead to serious ramifications for the other 50 states if this Bill is made in to law... It's time to draw a line in the sand, eh?

OTTAWA, Canada—A swarm of protesters descended on Parliament Hill today to protest the recently proposed and controversial “Don’t Say ‘Eh’” bill.

“Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh!” chanted Zamboni mechanic and protest organizer Bob Bergeron, adding, “I’ve said it all my life and I’m going to keep saying it! None of these oppressive anti-Eh hosers can tell me otherwise!”

Member of Parliament Luc Liepert, who originally authored the bill, was bewildered by the opposition. “I don’t know what they’re talking about. This bill is about tariffs on industrial adhesives, but somebody declared it the ‘Don’t Say “Eh”’ bill and everybody flew off the handle. It doesn’t say “Eh” anywhere in the bill, eh?”

Protesters wouldn’t be swayed by the lawmaker’s explanations, however, and they vowed to continue their protests all over the country, including at hockey games and the Canadian Academy Awards, which is apparently a thing.

“We won’t allow anti-Eh bigots to deny our identity,” said Bergeron. “We’re going to say it, and we’re going to teach our children to say it. Preferably starting as young as possible, like say between kindergarten and third grade. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to sneak it into a bunch of cartoons and stuff, eh? Eh! Eh! Eh!”

https://babylonbee.com/news/canadians-furious-over-new-dont-say-eh-bill

Footsteps

Skilled literary types have no need for children’s electronic cartoons to express themselves. Their words allow the reader to imagine the actual characters described. Especially if the reader saw the actual characters by seeing the electronic movie. Now pull up the emoji for smart aleck and title it “self portrait”.
Footsteps
The Bard

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Skilled literary types have no need for children’s electronic cartoons to express themselves. Their words allow the reader to imagine the actual characters described. Especially if the reader saw the actual characters by seeing the electronic movie. Now pull up the emoji for smart aleck and title it “self portrait”.
Footsteps
The Bard

I think I'll look for a crawl under a rock and chill emoji...

Footsteps

Brief biographical factoid:
It is a proven scientific fact that computers have a built in chip (on their shoulders) for posters who resent a correctly spelled word being substituted for a word unknown to the computer which only knows that its word is spelled correctly. Compound this resentment with the five or more attempts needed to spell a word without one of the interior letters capitalized. Then toss in the fact that I have no laptop, only an IPhone so old no one can identify the model. The aversion to typing on a piece of Chinese garbage no bigger than a deck of Old Maid cards contributes to the condition suffered by many which I call Narcissistic Computer Wiring Disorder. -continued/

Footsteps

Part Two of this rant-
A second post is often necessary for me because I have lost all inspiration to learn a new computer process of any kind, even those posted by the mods in order to assist those who retain enough enthusiasm to correct mistakes like typing too long resulting in not being able to post at all. It reminds me of one of the Romance poets dreaming “In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a mighty pleasure dome decree…” along with other verses when he was awakened by another poet knocking on his door. He was never able to complete the poem. Actually it does not remind me of that at all; I just wanted to name drop Coleridge or Shelley so it would appear I could be on their level.
Occasionally an image of some of this board’s emojis appears while I am typing and quickly disappears. My fat fingers would all but guarantee my posting an insulting emoji that could grow exponentially on everyone’s screen, extending beyond your devices like The Blob and causing incurable skin disorders. Continued——-

Footsteps

Drivel-
Part 3

This should explain why I can only “like” someone’s post which I think makes me appear lazy or condescending. While I’m at it, I just experienced a new iPhone malady when typing “condescending”, that being the disappearance of the last letter of the last word in a sentence. This makes an ordinary post a digital obstacle course. I secretly envy those with computer skills, but no one will know unless you enjoy reading Drivel.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This should explain why I can only “like” someone’s post which I think makes me appear lazy or condescending. While I’m at it, I just experienced a new iPhone malady when typing “condescending”, that being the disappearance of the last letter of the last word in a sentence. This makes an ordinary post a digital obstacle course. I secretly envy those with computer skills, but no one will know unless you enjoy reading Drivel.

Eh?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Drivel-
Part 3

A cellphone with a FORTRAN-based OS would eliminate the need to learn new computer skills :eek :hehee

Installing it on a real Made in USA (or Canada or Israel) would eliminate the issue of cheap Chinese crap :poop