Canada Moves to Ban Sale of Handguns in Sweeping Bill Introduced after Uvalde shooting

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Not to mention the option of fire arrows or dynamite arrows, etc.
Whaa?
Quote from quora: There is a type of arrowhead called the Bowmag. It is essentially a hollow plastic tube with a pin on one end. You place a .38 special or .357 magnum cartridge in it, and the force from the shot is supposed to fire the bullet into whatever you're shooting at. They have a very poor range, less than 30' iirc."

I had no idea! :cool:

Kelpe

I’m trying to think of ways homeowners about to buy a handgun could defend themselves from a midnight intruder crawling through a window. Maybe some of you can add procedures that you use-

Modified window treatment - board up all windows.
Watch training video “Home Alone”.
Dennis the Menace procedure - slingshot (with ball bearings).
Recordings of Linda Blair’s really disturbing lines from The Exorcist.
Roll of quarters in sock.
Recordings of actual gunfire from TV westerns and war movies.
Shouting “I have a 9mm that will blow your lung into the yard!”
Make a potato gun . . . we did that once. PVC pipe, igniter, and hairspray lol. It was quite the conversation item among our friends. We dented the side of our metal storage building with it! We might be rednecks.;)

MapleLeaf

Canada has no self-defense laws. Even if the intruder was threatening to eat your baby you'd be charger with murder for shooting him (or her, not a sexist over here) and the press would turn you into a monster who destroyed the potential of the poor youth who was on the verge of turning their life around.

I'm surprised we're allowed to watch Home Alone up here. :pound

Footsteps

Make a potato gun . . . we did that once. PVC pipe, igniter, and hairspray lol. It was quite the conversation item among our friends. We dented the side of our metal storage building with it! We might be rednecks.;)
You’re only a redneck when you try to fry a yellowjacket nest with your potato gun and burn your house to the ground. You didn’t notice the fire because you went inside to watch Hee Haw reruns.

pixelpusher

Re the whole "blow the lungs out" thing and the "AR is an assault rifle" thing, if they mixed a little more actual truth into their lies, they might be more believable. I can't believe their Boss hasn't sent them a memo yet. :devilish

NewWine2020

Canada has no self-defense laws. Even if the intruder was threatening to eat your baby you'd be charger with murder for shooting him (or her, not a sexist over here) and the press would turn you into a monster who destroyed the potential of the poor youth who was on the verge of turning their life around.

There is a conspiracy theory that sweet little, Kevin from "Home Alone" grew up to become...(wait for it) ..the Jigsaw Killer from the 'Saw" film franchise. Just sayin....:)

NewWine2020

His staff is already working on corrections to his memo to include the allergic reactions Dems suffer when exposed to truth.

I'm really hoping that some entrepreneur comes out with T shirts that say:

"You can't have a 9 mm...you'll blow your LUNGS OUT kid!" (Complete with a pic of Brandon in sunglasses, licking an ice cream cone.)

The very specificness of this statement is just so, soooo ridiculously, deliciously stupid, it's so VERY Joe Biden.

Of course I doubt the puppet in chief has ever held a firearm in his life (he has always had lots of flunkies to do that for him).

NewWine2020

I'm middle aged and for the life of me I do not remember the turning point as to how and when North America (USA and Canada) became so "wussified" and backwards with regards to coddling criminals and punishing their victims? It's basically calling evil good and good evil.

It's like the mentally ill somehow secretly took charge of our nations.....

Jojo4124

Crazy people and criminals don't follow laws. Passing a law will do nothing other than give a politician something to point to as a talking point.

Might as well ban cars to prevent drunk driving.
Amen...pelosi's hubby could be the poster child for the campaign...

Jojo4124

I know Canada's government is getting worse by the day however, to reach across their border and invoke a madman in Texas as cause to disarm citizens there is a stretch far into the desperate and absurd.

Guns don't commit to mass murder. Lunatics carrying guns, knives, driving a thousands of pound weapon, making bombs with recipes gleaned through Google search, poisons, chatting with fellow psycho's on-line, etc... commit mass murder.

Outlawing guns in the UK didn't stop violent crime. And they went so far as to example there part of what KAREN'S in America crow for here. They defunded their police by disarming them too!

As a consequence, violent crimes in commission continue unless or until responding police, not citizen witnesses who initially dial 999 (= to our 911), call in a special branch of law enforcement allowed to carry firearms.

Imagine the potential for carnage till those folk arrive.

It's stupid.
Armed citizens who know how to handle firearms responsibly are able to stop armed mass murderers.

Gun control has never been about public safety. Its always been about control.

The Texas shooter, called a white boy by slant media who apparently don't want to cast a bad light on illegal Hispanics, bought his weapons legally!

In Texas! Where the Castle Doctrine is law,as it should be in all 50 states. As is open carry.

How many innocent children, though I know Christian's who have insisted children are not innocent but are condemned to die in their sins unless,until,baptism, would that psycho have tallied had an armed trained citizen spotted him when he first brandished his weapons? None!

Don't outlaw guns. Outlaw psychopaths! Cure them using guns,or anything at hand that stops them and their deadly rampage .
Yes n thugs kill children n adults in Chicago n other places all the time...with knives, baseball bats, fists, feet, crowbars...etc.

you'd need to remove all of those things from society if you were genuinely confiscating every item in the world that could kill someone because you cared about ppl being murdered.

To remove self defense items from sane citizens shows that you fear ppl saying no to your agendas...maybe because you have an evil plan up your sleeve that you dont want to get resistance over.

If you, meaning the govt, cared about children getting murdered, then you'd be against the murder of children in abortion...thats killing kids...and you'd criminize docs who perform these murders.

So this isnt because the govt cares a whoot about ppl getting murdered.They are telling us that they are gonna do something that they know will make us want to protect ourselves from their actions...n they for some reason dont want us to be able to defend ourselves.

They are hypocrites as they are protected by gun weilding guards. Can we the ppl demand that they put their guns away first? Lol wont happen...like the Pope hating on USA for wanting borders and yet the Vatican hides behind 40ft walls...n I havent seen the Pope invite muslims to live in the Vatican with him.

Jojo4124

I know Canada's government is getting worse by the day however, to reach across their border and invoke a madman in Texas as cause to disarm citizens there is a stretch far into the desperate and absurd.

Guns don't commit to mass murder. Lunatics carrying guns, knives, driving a thousands of pound weapon, making bombs with recipes gleaned through Google search, poisons, chatting with fellow psycho's on-line, etc... commit mass murder.

Outlawing guns in the UK didn't stop violent crime. And they went so far as to example there part of what KAREN'S in America crow for here. They defunded their police by disarming them too!

As a consequence, violent crimes in commission continue unless or until responding police, not citizen witnesses who initially dial 999 (= to our 911), call in a special branch of law enforcement allowed to carry firearms.

Imagine the potential for carnage till those folk arrive.

It's stupid.
Armed citizens who know how to handle firearms responsibly are able to stop armed mass murderers.

Gun control has never been about public safety. Its always been about control.

The Texas shooter, called a white boy by slant media who apparently don't want to cast a bad light on illegal Hispanics, bought his weapons legally!

In Texas! Where the Castle Doctrine is law,as it should be in all 50 states. As is open carry.

How many innocent children, though I know Christian's who have insisted children are not innocent but are condemned to die in their sins unless,until,baptism, would that psycho have tallied had an armed trained citizen spotted him when he first brandished his weapons? None!

Don't outlaw guns. Outlaw psychopaths! Cure them using guns,or anything at hand that stops them and their deadly rampage .
I think that the school, church, etc shootings show that there is MORE of a need for individuals to carry any kind of weapon...to stop evil if need be. Gun rights should be hailed all the more. I keep hearing stories of individual gun carriers stopping crimes. Nothing wrong with stopping evil. The school, church, etc shooters were stopped with guns. Guns stop evil also. Why cant the govt see the positive side to gun use?

crystal spyder

Yes n thugs kill children n adults in Chicago n other places all the time...with knives, baseball bats, fists, feet, crowbars...etc.

you'd need to remove all of those things from society if you were genuinely confiscating every item in the world that could kill someone because you cared about ppl being murdered.

To remove self defense items from sane citizens shows that you fear ppl saying no to your agendas...maybe because you have an evil plan up your sleeve that you dont want to get resistance over.

If you, meaning the govt, cared about children getting murdered, then you'd be against the murder of children in abortion...thats killing kids...and you'd criminize docs who perform these murders.

So this isnt because the govt cares a whoot about ppl getting murdered.They are telling us that they are gonna do something that they know will make us want to protect ourselves from their actions...n they for some reason dont want us to be able to defend ourselves.

They are hypocrites as they are protected by gun weilding guards. Can we the ppl demand that they put their guns away first? Lol wont happen...like the Pope hating on USA for wanting borders and yet the Vatican hides behind 40ft walls...n I havent seen the Pope invite muslims to live in the Vatican with him.
Government doesn't care about the poor or working class. We're not a threat to their social engineering agenda.