Canada Moves to Ban Sale of Handguns in Sweeping Bill Introduced after Uvalde shooting

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Canada moves to ban sale of handguns in sweeping bill introduced after Uvalde shooting​

"Canada moved to make the sale of handguns illegal under a sweeping new bill introduced in Ottawa Monday in the wake of the Uvalde, Texas school shooting.
Flanked by government officials and advocates, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a “national freeze” on firearms in the country as he referenced increasing homicides in Canada and alluded to recent mass shootings south of the border.
“It will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer or import handguns anywhere in Canada. In other words, we’re capping the market for handguns,” Trudeau said.
“People should be free to go to the supermarket, their school or their place of worship without fear.”
The legislation is all but assured to be approved by Canada’s Parliament, and is expected to be enacted this fall."

More
https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/canada-moves-to-ban-sale-of-handguns-in-sweeping-bill/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Footsteps

I’m trying to think of ways homeowners about to buy a handgun could defend themselves from a midnight intruder crawling through a window. Maybe some of you can add procedures that you use-

Modified window treatment - board up all windows.
Watch training video “Home Alone”.
Dennis the Menace procedure - slingshot (with ball bearings).
Recordings of Linda Blair’s really disturbing lines from The Exorcist.
Roll of quarters in sock.
Recordings of actual gunfire from TV westerns and war movies.
Shouting “I have a 9mm that will blow your lung into the yard!”

NewWine2020

Crazy people and criminals don't follow laws. Passing a law will do nothing other than give a politician something to point to as a talking point.

Might as well ban cars to prevent drunk driving.

Well said and LOL, they ARE working on banning cars (gas cars anyway) but not out of concern for drunk driving deaths but rather their feigned, made up man-caused climate change $cam.

Canada seems to be the “test market” for these ridiculous, Orwellian leftist policies.

Praying for the good, normal people of Canada.

NewWine2020

Tyrants fear an armed populace, El Presidentae Castro is afraid of Canadian citizens.

He SHOULD be, I think that after the Trucker fiasco, the good people of Canada are seeing him for what he is. A cowardly, little leftist control freak.

At the peak of the Truckers protest he ran and HID in his private stronghold, claiming “I have Covid”…yeah, THAT’S someone I would want to lead my nation thru hard times…not.

crystal spyder

Crazy people and criminals don't follow laws. Passing a law will do nothing other than give a politician something to point to as a talking point.

Might as well ban cars to prevent drunk driving.
I know Canada's government is getting worse by the day however, to reach across their border and invoke a madman in Texas as cause to disarm citizens there is a stretch far into the desperate and absurd.

Guns don't commit to mass murder. Lunatics carrying guns, knives, driving a thousands of pound weapon, making bombs with recipes gleaned through Google search, poisons, chatting with fellow psycho's on-line, etc... commit mass murder.

Outlawing guns in the UK didn't stop violent crime. And they went so far as to example there part of what KAREN'S in America crow for here. They defunded their police by disarming them too!

As a consequence, violent crimes in commission continue unless or until responding police, not citizen witnesses who initially dial 999 (= to our 911), call in a special branch of law enforcement allowed to carry firearms.

Imagine the potential for carnage till those folk arrive.

It's stupid.
Armed citizens who know how to handle firearms responsibly are able to stop armed mass murderers.

Gun control has never been about public safety. Its always been about control.

The Texas shooter, called a white boy by slant media who apparently don't want to cast a bad light on illegal Hispanics, bought his weapons legally!

In Texas! Where the Castle Doctrine is law,as it should be in all 50 states. As is open carry.

How many innocent children, though I know Christian's who have insisted children are not innocent but are condemned to die in their sins unless,until,baptism, would that psycho have tallied had an armed trained citizen spotted him when he first brandished his weapons? None!

Don't outlaw guns. Outlaw psychopaths! Cure them using guns,or anything at hand that stops them and their deadly rampage .

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I’m trying to think of ways homeowners about to buy a handgun could defend themselves from a midnight intruder crawling through a window. Maybe some of you can add procedures that you use-

Woof woof woof
Grrrrrrowlllllllllllll
Snaaaaaaaaaarll
Chomp!

Meow meow meow
Hisssssssssssssssssss
Grrrrrrowl-screeeam
Flying CLAWZ

Check local laws, homeowner's policies, umbrella policies, liability policies, licensing requirements, breed bans, animal statutes, etc. before making a decision.
A suitable dog(s) in terms of breed, temperament, and health is/are very expensive. Many good breeders, but also many dishonest and many puppy mills. Do homework first.
Proper training is essential and expensive

I suspect a lot of neighborhoods are going to start baseball and softball teams/leagues, neighborhood watches, frequent block parties, etc., too.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Baseball bat... you can practice on pinatas.

MapleLeaf

Right now it's too late to suddenly go for your handgun license. You won't get it in time. Otherwise I totally would. They made the announcement the same day Parliament shot down the Conservative motion to end all travel mandates. Then the next day they extended the border closures another month. And then they announced they're hiring a "vaccine surveillance task force". Oh, and by 2023 hard drugs will be legalised. And the penalties for illegally smuggling handguns will be greatly reduced. A slap on the wrist. So the black market value for the handguns will go up and the penalty for dealing in them will go down. We all know how that will go. Throw in no penalties for dealing in the hard drugs.

I'll admit that I've been feeling very downcast about my country the past two days. My friends keep talking about everything going back to normal and how they can't wait until they can start doing things again and I just don't know what to say. We don't have the resources to get a green card and the States just seems to be going down the same road anyways. What is really disheartening is how the Church seems so ill-prepared to face this coming new reality. I keep hoping I'm just being the crazy one but Trudeau really seems to be a clincally-diagnosable psychopath.

Footsteps

Right now it's too late to suddenly go for your handgun license. You won't get it in time. Otherwise I totally would. They made the announcement the same day Parliament shot down the Conservative motion to end all travel mandates. Then the next day they extended the border closures another month. And then they announced they're hiring a "vaccine surveillance task force". Oh, and by 2023 hard drugs will be legalised. And the penalties for illegally smuggling handguns will be greatly reduced. A slap on the wrist. So the black market value for the handguns will go up and the penalty for dealing in them will go down. We all know how that will go. Throw in no penalties for dealing in the hard drugs.

I'll admit that I've been feeling very downcast about my country the past two days. My friends keep talking about everything going back to normal and how they can't wait until they can start doing things again and I just don't know what to say. We don't have the resources to get a green card and the States just seems to be going down the same road anyways. What is really disheartening is how the Church seems so ill-prepared to face this coming new reality. I keep hoping I'm just being the crazy one but Trudeau really seems to be a clincally-diagnosable psychopath.
Trudeau is clinically diagnosable, he just refuses to go to clinics for fear of running into sick people.

MapleLeaf

We're all sick people to him. We'll get our peasant germs on him. :banning His father was evil too but he still had to keep his mask on so many people fell for his 'charm'. Even my Christian high school teachers presented him as so hip and cool and the best prime minister ever. He died around that time and then I heard about all the controversy and I didn't get why so many were celebrating his death and we looked into it and realised our teachers had been hiding a lot too. I imagine kids are still being taught how awesome he was. And now they're being taught that the act of Confederation itself was evil. Just poisonous.

cheeky200386

Like you said, the USA is quickly following suit. It almost seems we're 5 years behind from Canada. I get overwhelmed with frustration at time but many on here remind me God will use this to save souls! This is precisely why we're still needed here.

Who else will tell the lost where to find true hope?! They'll just despair and then what? We can tell them their hope is not here in this life but in the one to come. Of course only if they trust Jesus Christ. I'm praying we'll see a huge harvest of souls over the next several years.

MapleLeaf

Like you said, the USA is quickly following suit. It almost seems we're 5 years behind from Canada. I get overwhelmed with frustration at time but many on here remind me God will use this to save souls! This is precisely why we're still needed here.

Who else will tell the lost where to find true hope?! They'll just despair and then what? We can tell them their hope is not here in this life but in the one to come. Of course only if they trust Jesus Christ. I'm praying we'll see a huge harvest of souls over the next several years.
That's why I am getting so discouraged when our churches say "Our culture is changing so we have to change with it". It freaks me out and puts me into despair. They are letting the cry-bullies dictate our religion which is 2000 years old if you only go far back as Jesus and not to Creation itself. I see a lot of non-Believers who hate what the world is turning into. THEY are the mission field. They are the ones ready to see something to believe in. A reason to hope. The church is meant to be that beacon on the hill. Lighthouses don't save ships from the rocks by running around all over the place. They are firm in the storm. The church was BORN in Greece and Rome, for pete's sake! Degeneracy is not new to the church. Why do we have to change??? It's right up there with all the churches saying they were being a 'witness' by forcing closures and masks and even vaccine passports. But then they'd turn around and tell the people who were hurt by the lockdowns directly that they were just being selfish. The scaredy cats were never going to come to church. But they ostracized all the hurting people who were looking to something stable and true and real. Ever since our church started to defy lockdowns our numbers grew bigger than they ever have. It broke my heart to hear all the people sending their tearful messages to the truckers and how they were giving people hope. I was so angry because my first thought was "That should have been the church!! But we only added to their misery!!" It's been 2 years and I'm done being nice. If you're still so scared of covid that you want everyone to die alone in misery you have serious problems. I won't force you to do anything but we're moving on without you. If you want to cut off your private parts and sterilize yourself I won't stop you but I won't cater to you either.

NewWine2020

I would buy a compound bow immediately and get some good lessons. Can't carry it around with you, but it will stop an intruder.

Totally would work but just had to LOL @ thought of the perp trying to explain the arrow sticking out of him to the arresting officers when he gets picked up seeking help at the E.R.

"No way bro, you've got the wrong guy, me and my buddies are in the SCA and we were practicing for the next Renaissance Festival tourney!" (In Inner city Chicago...)