Calls for ‘Arrest the Butcher’ Iranian president Raisi

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Calls for ‘Arrest the Butcher’ Iranian president Raisi
“My feet were tied to the bed frame and beaten – they told me open my fist when I wanted to confess. Interrogation was always followed by torture."
By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL
OCTOBER 13, 2021

Victims of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s president Ebrahim Raisi are urging British authorities to arrest the number two leader of the theocratic state if he attends a climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland, starting in late October and running until November 12. “[First Minister] Nicola Sturgeon and [Prime Minister] Boris Johnson have a duty to act if they really believe in human rights,” Ahmad Ebrahimi told the Daily Record, who, according to the paper, “came face-to-face with the despot during his 10 years as a political prisoner when he was physically and emotionally tortured in the notorious Section 209 of Tehran’s Evin House of Detention.”

The US government sanctioned Raisi for his role in the 1988 massacre of over 5,000 innocent Iranian political prisoners and his crackdown of peaceful protestors in 2019, resulting in the mass murder of about 1,500 Iranians, according to Reuters.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/international/calls-for-arrest-the-butcher-iranian-president-raisi-681804