California Rains Could Have Supplied State’s Needs for 10 Years — If Stored

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The rain that fell on California in recent weeks could have supplied the state’s water needs for 10 years — if it had been captured and stored. Unfortunately, most of the water is being left to drain to the Pacific Ocean.

California received some 32 trillion gallons of water in three weeks of “atmospheric river” storms across the state, according to Fox News. In 2014, the state used 42 million acre feet, or about 1.4 trillion gallons, annually, according to the Desert Sun, citing the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). (A more recent figure from USGS suggests the state withdraws up to 28,800 gallons per day, or about 1 trillion per year, from the environment.)

Given that the state only taps half of its water supply for human uses, about 16 trillion gallons of the rain that fell on California in the last few weeks could theoretically be directed to human use — if it were stored. That means that enough rain fell to supply the state’s water needs for at least another decade — and maybe longer.

https://www.breitbart.com/environme...supplied-states-needs-for-10-years-if-stored/

I guess, looking on the bright side, CA should at least have enough water for the next 12 months.

kathymendel

I've NEVER understood why our state (California) hasn't built large storage basins below the big lakes from which we get our water.
After SO MANY years of drought, why do they continue to let all that precious water and snowmelt drain into the ocean? I think it's
criminal and shows how foolish and, dare I say, STUPID our politicians are!!!!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I've NEVER understood why our state (California) hasn't built large storage basins below the big lakes from which we get our water.
After SO MANY years of drought, why do they continue to let all that precious water and snowmelt drain into the ocean? I think it's
A Few years ago we had a state premiere trying to push recycled sewage water to drink.

Anyway the media asked him to drink a glass of the recycled sewage water to prove that it was ok to drink, he took a sip of the water then immediately started dry reaching on camera and was trying his hardest not to vomit LOL.

It was the funniest thing i seen

Last edited:

Carl

I think that sewage water has to be filtered in sand and gravel too. That would take a lot of acreage. The surface water can be replaced relatively quickly. The underground well water takes the time. There are areas of the western states where the ground water is pumped up from 1000 feet underground now. It takes years for that water to be replaced.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I was later reading that any first major downpour in California is let to the ocean because of various pollution that's in that water.

It may be they'll let this fill in the next downpour? :shrug

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
Cali did have a reservoir, but they drained it all into the Pacific.

ChildofLight

They are too busy going woke and destroying the state. They only care about themselves. Or himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if Newsome runs for president.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
They are too busy going woke and destroying the state. They only care about themselves. Or himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if Newsome runs for president.
There is a very good chance Newsom will not
only run for POTUS , but win.
That is scary.
However, alot can happen between now and then , so I'm not making predictions.
I've had my eye on that plastic devilish individual for awhile now.

Got my eye on Kathy Hochul as well.
The thought of either one of them is repulsive .
The thought of both of them as a dysfunctional
duo is maddening .
The thought of that...
Ewww...

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
And CA wants to steal water from the Great Lakes and Mississippi River :devilish :apostasy :banning

Not only NO, but **** NO!

Why should we aid and abet CA criminal waste of water and enable their damaging of other parts of the country :gaah

:pray :pray :amen :amen

alisani

You are applying common sense and rational thought to a vastly spreading system of human thought that is nuttier than squirrel poo. Spare yourself.

And yes, that's my professional opinion.

Back