California Electric Bills Will Be Based On How Much You Earn

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
“From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”
By Daniel Greenfield

Following the words of Karl Marx, “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”, California’s corrupt power monopolies are going full Commie.

Three major utility companies in California are looking to restructure customer billing, and part of that means customers could be charged based on how much money they make.

Sure, why not? Charging people based on what they use, rather than the tier they occupy in the social justice human pyramid is too capitalist anyway.

Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas & Electric and San Diego Gas & Electric filed a joint proposal this week for a flat-rate charge based on income.

The income-based bill proposal is part of the companies’ compliance with legislation passed by the California state government last year requiring these types of plans for utilities.

What’s next, a proposal for supermarkets that can charge you based on your income for bread and eggs? Also, Best Buy should charge you for a new phone based on your earnings. Airline tickets? There can be three tiers based on earnings.

Not that it matters how much California utilities charge for power that they can’t deliver anyway to people fleeing the state as fast as they can.

If you like your Communism, you can keep your Communism.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...ric-bills-will-be-based-on-how-much-you-earn/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
One of my younger brothers lives in California and is wealthy. I think he's conservative minded but is married to an extreme libertard. He would like to leave the state but that's where his empire is located and it's business that requires his presence. He's the kind of person who won't ever want to retire so I guess he'll be stuck paying other's utilities. Seems like this sort of thing should be unconstitutional, but I guess it wouldn't matter if it was, given the nature of our illegitimate govmints ruling over the people without any regards for the law of the land.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Here is additional information including cost.

Im glad I moved out of my home state a few decades ago. Beautiful state, but crazy state leadership the citizens keep voting in.

https://www.foxla.com/news/california-electric-utilities-bills-income-based

You'd pay the highest fee at $180K of income. That's barely middle class for most of California. I wonder if that's household income v.s. individual. It seems dual income families would mostly be paying the highest amount.

Andy C

You'd pay the highest fee at $180K of income. That's barely middle class for most of California. I wonder if that's household income v.s. individual. It seems dual income families would mostly be paying the highest amount.
Not that it matters, but out of curiosity I looked up the median household California income, and as of 2021 it is 84k

15 percent of CA households make over 200k.

Regardless of income, basing energy bills off income is simply WRONG.

heisable2

By Daniel Greenfield

Following the words of Karl Marx, “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”, California’s corrupt power monopolies are going full Commie.

Three major utility companies in California are looking to restructure customer billing, and part of that means customers could be charged based on how much money they make.

Sure, why not? Charging people based on what they use, rather than the tier they occupy in the social justice human pyramid is too capitalist anyway.

Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas & Electric and San Diego Gas & Electric filed a joint proposal this week for a flat-rate charge based on income.

The income-based bill proposal is part of the companies’ compliance with legislation passed by the California state government last year requiring these types of plans for utilities.

What’s next, a proposal for supermarkets that can charge you based on your income for bread and eggs? Also, Best Buy should charge you for a new phone based on your earnings. Airline tickets? There can be three tiers based on earnings.

Not that it matters how much California utilities charge for power that they can’t deliver anyway to people fleeing the state as fast as they can.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...ric-bills-will-be-based-on-how-much-you-earn/
Just suppose no one works or earns any money in California. They continue using the electric grid and who's going to pay for that? Sure I'm glad I moved from California to Florida.

NewWine2020

By Daniel Greenfield

How long until California simply ceases to function as a viable state? It's like literally every decision made by anyone with any authority is designed to make anyone who is not a homeless drug addict, mentally ill or illegal immigrant up and move out.

They really will have a society like a banana republic with a few super wealthy people and the desperately poor.

Bethlehem57

I
One of my younger brothers lives in California and is wealthy. I think he's conservative minded but is married to an extreme libertard. He would like to leave the state but that's where his empire is located and it's business that requires his presence. He's the kind of person who won't ever want to retire so I guess he'll be stuck paying other's utilities. Seems like this sort of thing should be unconstitutional, but I guess it wouldn't matter if it was, given the nature of our illegitimate govmints ruling over the people without any regards for the law of the land.
I grew up in N. CA and it was a beautiful place to live! An hour to the mountains, less than that for the beach. Now, it’s overgrown with fruits and nuts and governed by a very evil man. So glad we got out when we did!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
So much for any real day-to-day incentive to conserve energy :mad

Wages are going to have to drop while cost of living increases because the businesses and corporations are going to be paying an awful lot (more) for electricity :mad

Bet welfare and food stamp benefits don't go down (and probably increase) :mad

Of course, Kommiefornia will be demanding Federal money (collected from the taxpayers in the other 49 states and DC) to get bailed out :mad

When will Kommiefornia erect toll plazas on all eastbound, northbound, and southbound roads to tax residents fleeing the state (exit tax like some countries do)? :lol

kathymendel

When I moved and bought my new house in 2016, I had the option for solar panels to be installed at no cost.
I'm on a lease plan. Whatever electricity I don't use is transferred to SoCalEdison and my account gets credited.
I pay $114 per month on my lease, and a monthly service charge of about $5 to Edison. Right now, I am sitting with
a credit balance of $175 with Edison. My neighbors who do not have the solar are paying upwards of $600 a month
during the summer when they are running their A/C twenty-four/seven. (It's HOT here in the summer). Now that prices
are going up for electricity, I'm praying it won't affect me financially too much.........we'll see.

Back