California bill would allow citizens to enforce weapons ban

Lovin Jesus

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A new bill in California would allow private citizens go after gun makers in the same way Texas lets them target abortion providers, though gun advocates immediately promised a court challenge if it becomes law.

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday backed legislation that would let private citizens enforce the state’s ban on assault weapons. It’s modeled after a Texas law that lets private citizens enforce that state’s ban on abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected.

Newsom said he hopes the proposal forces the U.S. Supreme Court’s hand on the Texas abortion law. He said it will either expose their “hypocrisy” if they should block California’s proposal that affects the gun industry and not the Texas law on abortion.

“Or it’ll get them to reconsider the absurdity of their previous decision,” Newsom said, adding: “There is no principled way the U.S. Supreme Court cannot uphold this California law. None. Period full stop. It is quite literally modeled after the law they just upheld in Texas.”

The Firearms Policy Coalition, an advocacy group, pledged a court challenge should the California bill become law.

The proposed firearm restrictions are “really just modern-day Jim Crow laws designed to suppress the exercise of human rights the tyrants who run California don’t like,” the group said, promising to “litigate wherever needed to protect the rights and property of peaceable gun owners in California.”

More:
https://www.breitbart.com/news/california-bill-would-allow-citizens-to-enforce-weapons-ban/

Lovin Jesus

Keeping what few rights we still have left is a constant battle against those who wish to enslave us.
The 100% reason the tyrant's want to desolve the 1st amendment is because of the purpose that it was placed into the Constitution to begin with. The right to bear arms was so there would be a militia of citizens to protect against the government going tyrant. This is happening now, tyranny. The US has the biggest armyi n the world made up of private citizens and is why adversaries dare not invade this soul. Now that evident tyranny is unfolding by the federal government they have to disarm citizens who would use the first amendment right to defend ourselves from the Tyrannical take over by a totalitarian regimes, this is where we're at right now. Americans will not voluntarily give up their arms so the extreme left is using legislative methods that have to go around the Constitution. I hate to say it but I see a civil war coming. In the last two years alone the sales of guns has skyrocketed. Any bills enacted by the Democrats and passed to disarm Americans will only affect law abiding citizens anyway. The criminals will still get guns illegally. My guess is that while it's reported how much illegal drugs are coming across the border, I imagine the gun smuggling is up there too.

Lovin Jesus

The 100% reason the tyrant's want to desolve the 1st amendment is because of the purpose that it was placed into the Constitution to begin with. The right to bear arms was so there would be a militia of citizens to protect against the government going tyrant. This is happening now, tyranny. The US has the biggest armyi n the world made up of private citizens and is why adversaries dare not invade this soul. Now that evident tyranny is unfolding by the federal government they have to disarm citizens who would use the first amendment right to defend ourselves from the Tyrannical take over by a totalitarian regimes, this is where we're at right now. Americans will not voluntarily give up their arms so the extreme left is using legislative methods that have to go around the Constitution. I hate to say it but I see a civil war coming. In the last two years alone the sales of guns has skyrocketed. Any bills enacted by the Democrats and passed to disarm Americans will only affect law abiding citizens anyway. The criminals will still get guns illegally. My guess is that while it's reported how much illegal drugs are coming across the border, I imagine the gun smuggling is up there too.
Correction. I accidentally put 1st amendment when I meant to use 2nd amendment. I think it was caught that it was a mistake but just clarifying.

TimeWarpWife

IMHO, the reason Canada, Australia, and most other countries that are in situations where they're having problems with their current evil dictators, is because they gave up their right to bear arms. DH and are avid watchers and fans of the TV show Lone Star Law and at the beginning of each show it says there are 1.2 million gun owners just in TX. Btw, I'm guessing there are even more since the 2020 election steal. Americans must keep our right to bear arms. An armed citizenry isn't as easily controlled by despot pinheads like Biden, Trudeau, et al, as those who are unarmed, which is why the Communist-Fascist Democrats are so bent on trying to take our guns away. I heard someone say today that almost every bad, stupid, and crazy law that is destroying this country today originated in CA. And this law is another example of this very insanity.

Last edited:

Lovin Jesus

IMHO, the reason Canada, Australia, and most other countries that are in situations where they're having problems with their current evil dictators, is because they gave up their right to bear arms. DH and are avid watchers and fans of the TV show Lone Star Law and at the beginning of each show it says there are 1.2 million gun owners just in TX. Btw, I'm guessing there are even more since the 2020 election steal. Americans must keep our right to bear arms. An armed citizenry isn't as easily controlled by despot pinheads like Biden, Trudeau, et al, as those who are unarmed, which is why the Communist-Fascist Democrats are so bent on trying to take our guns away. I heard someone say today that almost every bad, stupid, and crazy law that is destroying this country today originated in CA. And this law is another example of this very insanity.
You're absolutely right. It's been said California is the model state for other blue States. What begins in California will eventually follow in the other democrat run states. When Gavin Newsom became governor it was so clear he is an evil man. Then when I read the list of alumni of the Klaus Schwab school of young global leaders and his name was there , it confirmed what I could see In him when he became governor of California and all of his policies prioritize mostly illegal immigrants as he was the one who made it a sanctuary state for illegal immigrants and give them rights to all social benefits, driver's license and rights to vote in local elections. And on and on.

Batman

The CA governor is tyrannical and needs to be removed from office.....but the CA citizenry is chocked full of tyrannical ragers that need to be removed from the state.

Lovin Jesus

The CA governor is tyrannical and needs to be removed from office.....but the CA citizenry is chocked full of tyrannical ragers that need to be removed from the state.
I don't think California will ever have a legitimate election again. They legalized ballot harvesting and because illegal immigrants are allowed to vote in state and local elections the assembly of legislators will always have a Demonrat majority. If I could I'd get out of California today.

MapleLeaf

So...a person commits a crime and we sue the object in his hand. And then we have the nerve to look at the people in the ancient past as superstitious with their talismans and idols. Okie dokie. Who can I sue for this second blizzard in two days? Can I sue The Office Depot the next time I get a paper cut on the paper I buy from them?

Grieving family members are not in the right frame of mind to help dictate overreaching policy.

And comparing the second amendment to abortion is just....wow. I can see the Romans 1 Grand Delusion right there.