British summer kicks off with snow flurries

Momof3angels

Wind and rain hit the west of Britain through Tuesday, with local surface flooding in Wales, the west country and the west midlands.

In some areas on high ground like Dartmoor, the wintry showers turned to snow.
Sheila Coates, from Princetown, told BBC Radio Devon: "It's crazy. When I went to bed last night I couldn't see out of my front window for the snow.

"I've lived here all my life and I've never known weather like it at this time of year."

Two inches of snow also fell in Shropshire overnight and up to three inches of rain in places.

Read more: British summer kicks off with snow flurries - Telegraph

daygo

I know, am praying for a good summer, nice weather etc am fed up with all this cold weather, the rain overcast days etc. :ohno

FaithInChrist

This is a bit premature since, I believe, summer is still over a month away.

I am sure those harshly affected by this long cold winter are ready for summer's warmth. In North Texas today we have temperatures in the 80's with high humidity and its a reminder of the incessant 100 degree days that are soon to come. With a drought already in place and the driest months yet to come it looks to be a long, hot summer.

caligal

Not looking forward to summer here in Fla either. Massive AC bills hot humid air and Hurricanes.:ohno

WKUHilltopper

It's been odd here in Kentucky too. Three nights ago, we had frost. Then the next after it was 88 degrees. Supposed to be 77 today...but we've not had one tornado warning so far. Which we usually have one or two by this time of the year.

Weather is cyclical...I remember one May in Kentucky (about 15 years ago), where it started snowing about 2 inches and then turned up to be a thunderstorm....then got about 80 degrees. All in one day.