British navy group: ‘Potential hijack’ of ship off UAE coast

GHoe

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The British navy warned Tuesday of a “potential hijack” of a ship off the coast of the United Arab Emirates in the Gulf of Oman, without elaborating.

The incident comes amid heightened tensions between Iran and the West over its tattered nuclear deal and as commercial shipping in the region has found itself in the crosshairs over it. Most recently, the U.S., the U.K. and Israel have blamed Iran for a drone attack on an oil tanker off Oman that killed two people.

The British military’s United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations initially warned ships Tuesday that “an incident is currently underway” off the coast of Fujairah. Hours later, they said the incident was a “potential hijack.” They did not elaborate.

https://apnews.com/article/europe-m...gulf-of-oman-08e86af0cd35761ef8c25686a7ac6282

Varying reports suggest that between 2 and 4 ships had reported that they had lost control of their vessels (not under command) in the Gulf of Oman. I've seen reports that the Asphalt Princess (Singapore oil tanker) was hijacked by Iranian forces (8-9 armed men) and that possibly other(s) ships had been struck by mines in the water. There was a report of drones in the area too. Something to keep an eye on.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The ship is flagged Panamanian but one article said it belongs to an American. If it was flagged with the red white and blue, I'd suggest carpet bombing all of Iran's ports as a first step so that the ship can't dock in Iran, or any other ship for that matter. Next I'd communicate to Iran that the Pirates are to lay on their bellies in a visible place on deck with their hands and feet spread out from their bodies and remain like that until American forces board and arrest the pirates. If that doesn't happen then the next step would be to destroy all of Iran's naval forces and destroy all of her ground to air missile systems. If that doesn't do it...

Since it is flagged Panamanian, I'd leave it to Panama to handle it...

daygo

The ship is flagged Panamanian but one article said it belongs to an American. If it was flagged with the red white and blue, I'd suggest carpet bombing all of Iran's ports as a first step so that the ship can't dock in Iran, or any other ship for that matter. Next I'd communicate to Iran that the Pirates are to lay on their bellies in a visible place on deck with their hands and feet spread out from their bodies and remain like that until American forces board and arrest the pirates. If that doesn't happen then the next step would be to destroy all of Iran's naval forces and destroy all of her ground to air missile systems. If that doesn't do it...

Since it is flagged Panamanian, I'd leave it to Panama to handle it...
Like it, that'd work.

GHoe

Apparently United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said the potential hijacking of the Panama-flagged MV Asphalt Princess had ended but gave no further details..

I've seen reports they disabled the ships engines and then were some how able to flee the ship. There is audio out of the captain advising someone (authorities?) 5-6 men with munitions on board and that they were drifting.