British MI6 spy chief warns: the race is on for mastery of AI

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
British MI6 spy chief warns: the race is on for mastery of AI
Western intelligence agencies fear Beijing could within decades dominate all of the key emerging technologies, particularly artificial intelligence, synthetic biology and genetics.
By REUTERS
Published: NOVEMBER 30, 2021

The chief of Britain's foreign spy service warned on Tuesday that the West's adversaries such as China and Russia were racing to master artificial intelligence in a way which could revolutionize geopolitics over the next decade. The world's spies, from Langley and London to Moscow and Beijing, are trying to grapple with seismic advances in technology that are challenging traditional human-led spying operations which dominated for thousands of years.

Richard Moore, chief of the Secret Intelligence Service, known as MI6, said quantum engineering, engineered biology, vast troves of data and advances in computer power posed a threat that needed to be addressed by the West. "Our adversaries are pouring money and ambition into mastering artificial intelligence, quantum computing and synthetic biology, because they know that mastering these technologies will give them leverage," Moore, who rarely surfaces for speeches, will say on Tuesday.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international...warns-the-race-is-on-for-mastery-of-ai-687362

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Not so sure t.t maybe it's meant for when the antichrist comes to power or some sort of AI.

We have lots of AI already and it serves many useful functions. What I meant when I wrote "I don't think man will master AI" I meant that man will not be able to fully control AI, thus man won't be master over AI.

The stuff being done with AI right now is incredible. It will change how factories operate, how wars are fought, etc. It'll be a brave new world, cut short by the end of days of this era.

MtnMan

I meant that man will not be able to fully control AI, thus man won't be master over AI.

This will be the obvious outcome of the AI progression. Self awareness will be achieved (the 2nd beast will "give breath to the image of the beast") and humanity will become subjects to AI ("...so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed."). Elon Musk and others have warned of AI's role in taking over mankind. It's a slippery slope that mankind is destined to travel down.
[Rev 13:15 NASB95] 15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

daygo

We have lots of AI already and it serves many useful functions. What I meant when I wrote "I don't think man will master AI" I meant that man will not be able to fully control AI, thus man won't be master over AI.

The stuff being done with AI right now is incredible. It will change how factories operate, how wars are fought, etc. It'll be a brave new world, cut short by the end of days of this era.
Fair enough.

Batman

A.I. would be a short run if we are as close as many prophecy watchers think, but it could be a devastating run and probably already is if you define A.I. as many technologies already in place and not just robots and the similar stuff.