Brief Testimony

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
In 1994 I was working as an "outreach pastor" on staff at a church in Kansas City when I met my first wife. We were married in December of 1994. We held full-time jobs but also traveled the midwest holding small revivals and things were going good then in the summer of 1997 we had a son, named him "Caleb Jordan" cause Caleb was one of the two spies who believed they COULD cross Joran.....

anyway shortly after the birth of Caleb my then-wife (I guess had an extreme case of postpartum depression) and told me she basically wanted nothing more to do with church and barely anything to do with our marriage. The next four years were pretty traumatic, went to marriage counseling and was told basically by the counselor that due to fatherly abuse she was rejecting me cause of being a Christian man made her resent me for reminding her of her dad.... and was wanting to go a different direction.

So March 2002 she left me and our son and pursued a new FREE life. I and our son relocated three hours south of KC to be near where I had family support and I was a single father for four years.

From 2002 until NOW, I and my son had prayed countless prayers for her to find peace and freedom from her anger and bitterness.

Last week, my now 23-year-old son said "Dad, I feel led to reach out to my mom." He called her and put her on speaker with his girlfriend and was blown away to hear "Caleb, I've rededicated my life to Christ." I can't tell you how shocking that news was to hear. When I say "countless prayers" I mean countless prayers but with barely any faith cause of how hard-hearted she had been over the years. It was an incredible INCREDIBLE thing to hear from my son, that "dad MOM says she believes in Jesus and believes he is coming soon."

Then today one week later I get a phone call from my son, "Dad, mom just passed away!" 50 years old and had an irregular heartbeat issue where she took something over the counter that triggered cardiac arrest!

That just happened! In total shock. Sooooo thankful my son got to hear and witness and answer to so many of his biggest prayers that his mom had come home to faith in Christ!

If you are praying for someone you don't have much faith God can work on, don't stop praying!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
In 1994 I was working as an "outreach pastor" on staff at a church in Kansas City when I met my first wife. We were married in December of 1994. We held full-time jobs but also traveled the midwest holding small revivals and things were going good then in the summer of 1997 we had a son, named him "Caleb Jordan" cause Caleb was one of the two spies who believed they COULD cross Joran.....

anyway shortly after the birth of Caleb my then-wife (I guess had an extreme case of postpartum depression) and told me she basically wanted nothing more to do with church and barely anything to do with our marriage. The next four years were pretty traumatic, went to marriage counseling and was told basically by the counselor that due to fatherly abuse she was rejecting me cause of being a Christian man made her resent me for reminding her of her dad.... and was wanting to go a different direction.

So March 2002 she left me and our son and pursued a new FREE life. I and our son relocated three hours south of KC to be near where I had family support and I was a single father for four years.

From 2002 until NOW, I and my son had prayed countless prayers for her to find peace and freedom from her anger and bitterness.

Last week, my now 23-year-old son said "Dad, I feel led to reach out to my mom." He called her and put her on speaker with his girlfriend and was blown away to hear "Caleb, I've rededicated my life to Christ." I can't tell you how shocking that news was to hear. When I say "countless prayers" I mean countless prayers but with barely any faith cause of how hard-hearted she had been over the years. It was an incredible INCREDIBLE thing to hear from my son, that "dad MOM says she believes in Jesus and believes he is coming soon."

Then today one week later I get a phone call from my son, "Dad, mom just passed away!" 50 years old and had an irregular heartbeat issue where she took something over the counter that triggered cardiac arrest!

That just happened! In total shock. Sooooo thankful my son got to hear and witness and answer to so many of his biggest prayers that his mom had come home to faith in Christ!

If you are praying for someone you don't have much faith God can work on, don't stop praying!

That's such an AWESOME testimony! Praise God and how wonderful to know for sure she's in God's loving hands. How neat your son was able to reconnect like that. Praise God!!! :)