Brexit.

Discussion in 'Breaking News & World Events' started by daygo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Wowee has may committed suicide, the legal advice govt didn't release could mean the backstop would tie northern Ireland to the eu indefinitely, talk about a bomb dropped, this is massive.

ShilohRose, Hidden, Círeth and 2 others like this.
  2. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Now they're talking about postponing the vote, can't see it myself, too many against it, at the moment can't see May Winning the vote, if that happens then I shudder to think, few scenarios are scary.

3. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Oh daygo, when I hit like on your updates, I'm liking the fact you are keeping us posted. I'm just horrified with you on the way this is going.

4. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Thanks athenasius, there's been talk of this vote being similar to America in 2008, also revelation tv have done a fast and prayer today on brexit vote next Tuesday.

5. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Up to now;
    vote on 11/12/2018
    if no then govt has 21 days to come up with a new plan.

if thats rejected, 4 things may happen
    1 Leave with no deal
    2 Re-negotiate the deal
    3 General election is called
    4 Another referendum.
    If passed transition period starts and lasts till dec. 2020 but can be extended. Thats the gist of what could happen.

6. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

I'm praying for option one and re-establishing good trade relations with the rest of the world. EU protectionism has hurt us as a nation.

7. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

I'm preferring option 1, at moment can't see it, too many against it, keeping my thoughts to myself for time being.

8. Hidden

Hidden Well-Known Member

My brother is leaving for the UK in January. He's a nurse and got a job offer at a hospital there. Praying UK will finally break free of the EU and becomes a completely independent and great nation once again. But something tells me the rise in nationalism recently, in UK, France, and other parts of Europe is the final resistance against the NWO, and that nothing can stop it from forming and becoming a beast that the Bible says it will be. Only our Lord Jesus can destroy this beastly kingdom and break it into pieces so that the kingdoms of men are reduced to nothing but some distant memory.

9. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Give him my regards hidden, as a retired nurse in nhs It's a good profession to have.

Círeth, Tall Timbers, Hidden and 3 others like this.
  10. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Now their talking about an alternative plan if vote is lost, a Norway plus option, guessed they'd do som like this, gets crazier by the day.

Círeth, Tall Timbers, Hidden and 3 others like this.
  11. athenasius

feels like a slow motion train wreck in the movies. You want to yell at the people to avoid the crash but it keeps happening.

12. Hidden

Hidden Well-Known Member

Thanks, daygo. He's failed IELTS several times, and now that he passed, it feels like he's finally getting started in life. Hoping to visit him and do a bit of travel in the UK.

13. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Yes Hidden I didn't start training till I was 42 before that I was in manual labouring work, if only I'd started training when I was 30, oh well, all the best and hope you have a nice time.

14. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Athenasius you've hit it on the head, Amber Rudd spoke more about this Norway plus and it's worse than where we are now, it's ridiculous oh where are the leaders, I was right there's not a Decent MP in the whole 650 of them, but apparently there's a billionaire with more money than Donald trump says he's disappointed with them and if someone had a Decent plan he'd back them with his money.

15. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

An article for who has the time/inclination, this is what can happen next 7 different scenarios and its probably not exhaustive, all of this when the majority had voted to come out, I shake my head in disbelief.

16. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

My Yankee view is that anything but a clean break will spell pain for Great Britain. With a clean break things will get sorted out and I'm sure the USA under President Trump will gladly become an even better friend to help through any rough patches. :pray Praying :pray

17. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Lord I don't pretend to understand all this politics with the inability to make a decision that is good for the country. But Lord you know exactly what is going to happen. Lord I pray that you steer the vote to your liking.

18. athenasius

AMEN

19. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Good thinking Tall Timbers, with you on that, but there's too many who are ignorant or want their own agenda, e.g. the young, businesses and Corbyn who just want to get into power, he's practically said as much, whatever happens it's going to be historic.

20. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Just in vote tomorrow is delayed, more when I know, May to speak in commons later this afternoon. Also the European court of justice has just declared Britain can revoke article 50 and remain in eu, this isn't surprising.