Brexit.

daygo

I cannot see the UK existing eu with no deal, I fear for May being ousted and setting off an election, repercussions could be disastrous if corbyn gets in they'll be likely a call for a fresh referendum, the eu would be so glad of that they'll ok a stay of Britain exiting eu, that'll be absolutely disastrous anarchy would reign, Britain imo would be finished, hope im wrong. These mps imo are absolutely rubbish they cannot see the end of their noses and so selfish it's untrue, but then maybe they have an agenda I don't know of.

so-blessed

I was a schoolboy when PM Ted Heath signed away Britain's sovereignty on 1st Jan 1973 without asking a single person whether they wanted it or not. On that date we all woke up to the UK as a full member of the then EEC, without any consultation of a single member of the public.
I remember my parents telling me about there being no choice. If I'm correct, Ted Heath was PM during the 3 day week? We had to go to the electricity board shop when mum walked us (remember doing that?) home from school to see when we were due for power cuts in our village. Ahh the good old days lol.
Not sure at this stage if we'll actually leave the EU. Won't surprise me at all if we don't.

cchomeschoolmom

I never thought Britain would exit the EU for the simple fact that it was once part of the Roman Empire. And we all know from Daniel that the revised version of it will be around for the last days.
The Romans did not invade Britain and remain until 43 AD. That would be after the cross. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Caesar visited in 55 and 54 BC but had to return to Gaul without conquering it.

so-blessed

The Romans did not invade Britain and remain until 43 AD. That would be after the cross. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Caesar visited in 55 and 54 BC but had to return to Gaul without conquering it.
Yes thank you very much. I know when we had the referendum result, we did all scratch our heads a bit, mid rejoicing, wondering how this would work. So have I got this correct: England is not included in the Roman Empire Daniel and Revelation spoke about? We were included in it later so may well not be part of the revived Roman Empire anyway?

TheRedeemed

I remember my parents telling me about there being no choice. If I'm correct, Ted Heath was PM during the 3 day week? We had to go to the electricity board shop when mum walked us (remember doing that?) home from school to see when we were due for power cuts in our village. Ahh the good old days lol.
Not sure at this stage if we'll actually leave the EU. Won't surprise me at all if we don't.
Yes you remember correctly it was Heath and his govt who caused almost every industry to go on strike. The reason for the 3 day week was because the miners were on strike and coal was rationed even to the extent of closing down power stations to preserve supplies.

If memory serves me correctly (I was a child too at this time) they staggered the power cuts to 3 hours on, followed by 3 hours off and these happened at certain times of the day for different areas in big cities, or a village by village basis out in the sticks.

Not only were there power cuts, but the refuse collectors, bakers, bus drivers, grave diggers, the fire service and even the school teachers were on strike too!

It was great being a little boy and only having to attend school 2 days per week, not so great that there was no bread or cakes and all the rubbish piling up.

My dad used to wire up an old car battery and strung some halogen car headlamps over the fireplace to light the room up. Mum used to cook on the coal fire, it was great she could fry stuff and boil big pans of homemade soup and potatoes, even do chips in a deep fry pan too.

As I say this was brilliant times and very exciting for a kid, but now I know better, poor mum and dad having to cope with 5 under 10’s and all this stuff going on.

TheRedeemed

Yes thank you very much. I know when we had the referendum result, we did all scratch our heads a bit, mid rejoicing, wondering how this would work. So have I got this correct: England is not included in the Roman Empire Daniel and Revelation spoke about? We were included in it later so may well not be part of the revived Roman Empire anyway?
They certainly never conquered the whole country, Hadrian’s wall was the northern limit, which even today separates Scotland from England.

Of course in those times there was no UK as that wasn’t to happen for another 17 centuries.

Daniel refers to 10 euro nations I believe, last year Macron (a man worth watching) made references to a 10 nation super state after Brexit..

.... I think we’ll walk away from EU and therefore will not be part of the 10 nations, just my opinion of course and I am open to any other possibilities....

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Daniel refers to 10 euro nations I believe, last year Macron (a man worth watching) made references to a 10 nation super state after Brexit..

.... I think we’ll walk away from EU and therefore will not be part of the 10 nations, just my opinion of course and I am open to any other possibilities....
In the below article it says the U.K. will be part of the 10 countries.
Interesting to see whether with Brexit the U.K. will leave Macrons’ army too.
And which country will step in it’s place.
(To my horror we are in the list as well, always so European minded,
suppose it all started with Queen Juliana and her Bilderberg friends)

5-12-18
French President Emmanuel Macron will bring together a 10-nation coalition of the willing next month designed to prepare European armed forces to take action together in emergencies, and to bind Britain into military cooperation as it leaves the EU.

Defense ministers of France, the U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Denmark and Estonia will sign a letter of intent in Paris in June, officials told me, pledging to develop a common strategic culture, share analysis and foresight on trouble spots that may require intervention and work to coordinate their forces for future operations.

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macrons-eu-defense-army-coalition-of-the-willing-military-cooperation/

TimeWarpWife

I see now that liberals in any country are basically the same. They scream, whine, pitch hissy fits like spoiled Southern debs (I'm Southern so I can say this :)), throw tantrums like 2 year olds so they can get their way, and if they don't get their way, have no problem resorting to mob violence against those who dare stand in their way. And what they want now is a do-over vote...and another one...and another one....and another one until they get the result they want. The thing that gives me hope about all of the insanity and evil that is politics is knowing there won't be any Democrats in heaven - or Republicans or Independents or anyone else except true followers of Christ. Oh what a wonderful first day that's going to be in heaven when God is the ONLY one in charge and knowing we NEVER again have to hear about liberalism and its evil, vile, despicable deeds!

daygo

Apparently Michael Give is considering quitting so won't be brexit Secretary, so may will appoint someone in day or two, n ext week could see a no confidence in the pm next week, there has to be 48 letters of no confidence in May, if so a private vote where may needs 158 votes to win, if may doesn't get those then it's going to be extremely messy imo.

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
Oh what a wonderful first day that's going to be in heaven when God is the ONLY one in charge and knowing we NEVER again have to hear about liberalism and its evil, vile, despicable deeds!
Or having to vote, choosing a lesser of two evils all the while murder of innocent babies continues under every party in power and 65% of the country wants it stopped, come soon Lord.

daygo

Apparently there are now 21 written letters sent of no confidence in May as PM, government whip told to return to London as vote of no confidence is likely, remember 48 needed for a vote, then PM needs 158 to remain PM, if not then a new election for leader commences, meanwhile Corbyn if he can muster a majority in parliament he could raise a no confidence in the government and take over, it's scary folks to say the least. Please pray for the UK.

daygo

Apparently there are now 21 written letters sent of no confidence in May as PM, government whip told to return to London as vote of no confidence is likely, remember 48 needed for a vote, then PM needs 158 to remain PM, if not then a new election for leader commences, meanwhile Corbyn if he can muster a majority in parliament he could raise a no confidence in the government and take over, it's scary folks to say the least. Please pray for the UK.

TheRedeemed

Corbyn can't take over, he can only force the vote of no confidence. After that it would be a general election to form a new government, provided that vote was sufficient and the no confidence vote was upheld. He's in opposition, he's not the duly elected government right now, so neither he nor his party can take over until they get a majority in the general election.

Still can get so messy though, there would not be enough time to elect a new Tory leader, re-negotiate the Brexit deal and would be much harder to get all of these changes done by 29 March 2019 if we have to throw a general election in the mix too.

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Like the birthpangs of a woman in labour, the world events (and depravity),
are now accelerating at an alarming speed and intensity.
I truly believe it won't take long anymore for us, on this planet.

Keep praying, the night is almost over, the day is near. Thank God!